Tea with Alice?

MissMellie

Earning My Ears
I've signed my girls up to have tea with Alice at the GF in October. Has anyone ever done this before?(Or the kids I mean?) What did they think? My girls are 4 and 6 and I tried to book them on the Pirate Cruise but it will be refurbished around that time. Thanks for any feedback.

My kids went to the Alice Tea last April. They loved it!! My dd's were 5 and 3 at the time and my son was 8. There were other boys my son's age there and to my surprise he loved it as much as the girls (he was sort of sent to keep an eye on his little sisters)! My 3 yr old was going through a shy stage and she did become frightened by the Mad Hatter. They gave the moms who had younger kids a pager and they paged me when she cried. I was allowed in to console her and she calmed right down. The tea was almost over at this point and they allowed me to sit right outside the french doors until the end. The kids were having a blast! The staff (same staff that does the Pirate Cruise) were amazing. All the kids were giggling! My 3 yr old also has special dietary needs(no wheat or dairy) and they were incredible with making her PB&J on corn bread and specially baked cupcakes. They made sure she had chicken strips and fruit in case she didn't like the sandwich and they packed up all the extra (they had made her a lot) and sent it home with her. We bought a disposable camera and put the kids names on it. The staff took pictures for them. My children came out of there so happy!! It was definitely money well spent!

My DD did it a couple of years ago at age 5. She enjoyed it a great deal. She was a little nervous to start because she wasn't going with a sibling or friend, but she introduced herself to a couple children while we were waiting to register and she had fast friends from then on.

The staff makes it a great event. They really get into the party and, except in certain situations, don't allow parents in. The kids love that and, when we tried to peek in, yelled "no peeking!"

Your little girls will have a great time. Be sure to leave a disposable camera as Della suggested. You'll get a posed shot that they'll give you right away, but the candids are a hoot.

I agree with the above posters in saying our DD did it when she was 6 (also by herself). The parents were more nevous than her to leave her there but we got on the monorail and rode to the poly 1 stop before GF.

Went we went to get her they kept shooing us away because we were early so we waited in the lobby, she absolutely Loved it.

They'll Love it and their together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter