Tea for grownups?

I'm so glad I saw this here. I know that my mom would adore doing this for her birthday. She is a huge tea fan. I think that the price is quite reasonable. I believe that I paid $60 for the tea at the Plaza here in NYC.

princessallegra said:
Just a tip, if you are having trouble making an adr on the website just call. For some reason I've always had to call to book it. Never had luck on the website. We absolutely love the Garden View Tea Room for afternoon tea. Enjoy!

It was on the site briefly but not now. So you have to call.

I've been to the Afternoon Tea at the GF 3 times and have never had a bad experience. Except for the time I went on an all girls adult trip for F&W and was a lil hungover but that was my fault! I'm not used to drinking and sampled too much wine the day before. oops

I've taken my granddaughters twice and they've requested to go on our upcoming October trip too. We've always felt welcomed and the food, especially the scones and triffel are so good. Several years ago my then 6yo DGD accidently spilt her tea (choc milk) once and she was sooooo embarrased. The waitress even made her feel better about it by saying she does the same thing every day and just wiped it up in about 10 seconds and it was a total non issue.

I've had tea at other nice hotels including The Brown Palace in Denver and recommend it highly!

I highly recommend this experience. It is not on the DDP, in case anyone was curious. When we went, we skipped lunch and went right at 2 and turned it into a late lunch. We had the Prince Edward's Tea and strawberries for dessert. It was plenty of food.

I also wanted to say that this isn't an adult-only tea, just so there's no confusion. Yes, it is likely mostly adults who attend, but children are more than welcome.

I'm not sure if they still serve Mad Hatter tea but if they do be sure to try it!

Thank you for mentioning this; I cannot eat items w/ black pepper in them either ~ do you remember which sandwiches have them? My DD and I are going there in June as a belated nod to her turning 16 in May :) .....and we are thinking of getting the Buckingham Palace tea, which includes the sandwiches. I will have to ask them about it.

Sorry, I don't remember which sandwiches were the problem - I ate the kids' sandwiches, so I don't even remember what the adult sandwich choices were. :) When I made the reservation online I checked the box saying we had allergies at the table (we also had a shellfish allergy and a nut allergy), so the chef came to talk to us when we sat down, and we were able to explain about the pepper. I've heard you might have to call rather than reserving online these days, but if you tell the CM on the phone they will note the allergy, and a chef will come talk to you before they serve any food. My uncle got his food at the same time as the rest of us, so it didn't seem to take them too long to think up some non-peppered sandwiches for him. ;)

If it's helpful, Le Cellier was really great re catering to his pepper intolerance also, and IIRC I think the Flying Fish was, too.

I took for my mom for her birthday 12/10/12. Our server was wonderful! We were not rushed and they gave mom a pink rose for her birthday, which I thought was nice. I even ordered tea which I am not at all a tea drinker I normally hate it but I loved the Princess Tea blend that exclusive for them. I will be doing a full blown review on my TR soon as I took pictures of everything overall we throughly enjoyed ourselves and it was a wonderful Mother Daughter afternoon.

They don't seem to be doing the rose anymore. We went twice in Feb and there were no flowers given. :(

It was still lovely, but there have been changes.

I've now gone with as young as 4 and as wise as 70+, both men and women, boys and girls, and ALL have loved it. (and there's something about that place that just brings out the manners!)

We loved the tea when we went. When my parents went last fall to universal they made a special trip over to Disney just to do the tea.

I hope someone here can answer a question for me. My mom and dd8 are both tea drinkers and would like to do this one day. I saw that the children's option is served with chocolate milk but she loves tea. Can she get tea instead?

I hope someone here can answer a question for me. My mom and dd8 are both tea drinkers and would like to do this one day. I saw that the children's option is served with chocolate milk but she loves tea. Can she get tea instead?

She can order off of the regular menu or she can ask to sub a pot of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter