Tchoup Chop update

KFISCHER

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a visit to the Royal Pacific.

(It's an absolutely beautiful hotel. I recall early reports that the place was disorganized, staff wasn't friendly, etc. Well, if that WAS the case, they've gotten their act together. Super courteous staff, a gorgeous place to stay, and while restuarnats ahd resort prices, everything we had was very, very good!).

We were told by Universal people at the hotel that the tentative opening date for Tchoup Chop is DECEMBER 12.

But I have to tell you........stuck our heads in the doors while construction people were working during the day. I don't claim to know much about building a restaurnat, but they didn't appear to be close to finishing this project.

We were there Oct 26-30. On two of the days, Emeril's was holding interview sessions at the hotel for the new restaurant.

That DEC. 12 date sounds a bit too optimistic if you ask me.

But I highly recommend this hotel. It's fabulous!

Originally posted by KFISCHER
But I have to tell you........stuck our heads in the doors while construction people were working during the day. I don't claim to know much about building a restaurnat, but they didn't appear to be close to finishing this project.
That DEC. 12 date sounds a bit too optimistic if you ask me.
But I highly recommend this hotel. It's fabulous!

I agree, I was there Friday & I can't imagine they will be on schedule. Lot's of dry wall & hanging wires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter