Taxi

AnninIowa

DIS Veteran
Do Taxis line up in front of the resorts? I'm at the Beach Club next week and we'll need a taxi one night. Or will I have to call for one?

I wouldn't quite say they line up but there are usually one or two in front of the resorts. If not, the valet will be happy to call one for you. We've never had to wait more than five or ten minutes for one.

Bob

It probably depends on what time you want a taxi. We have caught taxis from both the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk and there have been a couple or more waiting for fares. As Bob said, if one is not there a Cast Member will get one for you right away. Very fast and reasonable way to get around WDW.

wdwgoofeeee said:
It probably depends on what time you want a taxi. We have caught taxis from both the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk and there have been a couple or more waiting for fares. As Bob said, if one is not there a Cast Member will get one for you right away. Very fast and reasonable way to get around WDW.

I did not think the cabs were all that reasonable. It cost us $16.00 w/tip to go from the Poly to the BW, (there was two of us), it's only a five minute drive! I'm used to cabs in NYC, that trip would have cost about $7.00

If you paid $16.00 to go from the Poly to the BW you were robbed!
We took a taxi in June from the Boardwalk to Holy Family Church in Orlando. I had no idea how far it was. The driver had to call his office for directions. This cost us $35.00 for a very long ride which took us quite a distance from WDW. If I had known it was so far we would have chosen the much closer Mary, Queen of the Universe Shrine which is right outside WDW.
I cannot imagine how you paid $16.00 unless you sat in traffic or the driver rode around in circles, maybe lost. Not for a five minute drive. We were on the road at least 25 minutes and went many, many miles for $35.00.
Most trips anywhere within WDW should average around $8.00 or so.

We went to DTD the next night from the Poly and it was $18.00 w/tip for the two of us. I looked up the rates to Sea World and it was over $30.00 each way. That is also only a 10-15 min. trip. I think you got a great deal.

After experiencing what I refer to as "the checker cab fiasco", I can tell you that they are not suppose to line up in front of the resorts...they are only suppose to be there to pick up a fair that has called them. However...they DO line up in front of the resorts and wait for people, even though they are not suppose to. One that was doing just that decided to have a little "fun" and scare my 4 yo granddaughter. It became a big mess and quite a story by the time all was said and done. I hope to eventually forget it ever happened. The cabbie was asked to leave and never return to WDW.

Anyway...I have never taken a cab, but they are available quickly from any resort and DTD. I've seen them many times (with only this 1 negative incident!).

Does anyone know about how much it would be to get a taxi from allstar sport to the car care center?
need to rent a car for 2 days while we are there

PhillyDisnynut said:
Does anyone know about how much it would be to get a taxi from allstar sport to the car care center?
need to rent a car for 2 days while we are there

From allearsnet.com

National Car Rental has an office located at the Car Care Center outside the Magic Kingdom and at the Dolphin Resort. Shuttle service to the Car Care Center is available from all resorts and must be reserved at least one hour in advance. National is open seven days/week from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. The phone number is 407-824-3470 or 800-227-7368.

I think a taxi would run you about $10-$15 but the shuttle is free!

Bob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter