taxi surcharge?

ougrad86

OU Sooners Football Fan!
I was reading the boards the other day and thought I read something about a taxi surcharge to certain parts of the park. We are staying at Universal this time around, and catching a taxi to MK and HS for our Disney fix this trip. Is there an additional surcharge when they have to enter certain parts of the park past the gate? I was hoping to be dropped off in the big MK parking lot where our resort bus dropped us off the last time we stayed. Or do taxis do the TTC? :confused3

Whole new territory, trying to make sure I have it all straight before we leave Saturday. So excited I can hardly see straight :yay:

Carol

My understanding is that taxis drop off at the TTC and you'll need to take the monorail or ferry to MK. I haven't taken a cab recently at Disney so I don't know if there are areas where there will be a surcharge.

Yes, we ran the numbers. The car was more expensive - parking at both Disney and HRH was painful...this was actually more economical :upsidedow.

When taking the taxi to the MK, have the driver drop you off at the guard kiosk at the Contemporary Resort, it is only a short walk from there to the MK entrance (Less than 1/2 mile). Much faster than taking monorail or boat from TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter