Tasty Planning Time with ZeBrook! A 2 for 1 PTR - 12/24 - All our bags are packed

Hi Brook! Glad you had a great time on your mini vacation! :goodvibes When I saw your new photos on your signature I literally said, "Awwwwww, it's Henry" and my kids just looked at me..... I said "I'm on the DISboards" and they got that "knowing look", like there goes mom again with these people she thinks she knows. :rotfl:

I guess I remembered that you were interested in city planning because that is something which I find very interesting, too. :goodvibes

I used both TGM and touringplans on our previous three trips. I was afreaid of missing out on valuable information if I did not get both. :rolleyes1 But to be honest, I think you would be fine which ever one you chose. I actually love reading the Unofficial Guide and therefore I would have bought that book anyway. If you have the book, you can access everything on their site, too. TGM was fun to read through, too. But sometimes it was a bit difficult to find the information I was looking for. Also I found that TGM is not very quick in updating his advice. There were a few areas where I found information that was rather outdated. Both offer sound advice on how to tour the parks. While touringplans objective is to hit every attraction once, TGM offers more advice on how to get to see the big attractions again. That's why I liked to combine them! With regard to best day at which park: I think they usually were very similar for our time frame. All in all I tend to believe touringplans more than TGM - they actually do scientific research and have an statistician doing this. And I am someone who likes scientific approaches. :goodvibes

What a cute picture! Once again Henry looks so much older!! I am looking forward to hear about your weekend!:yay:

You sealed the deal. Touringplans it IS! I had no idea if you bought the Unofficial Guide you got a free membership-I didn't know they were related. So not only do I get the info I want/need, but I get a book out of the deal?! SIGN ME UP! :thumbsup2 Thank you for your help on that!

Henry keeps doing that growing up thing! :sad2: ;)

It's good to see your planning another trip to WDW!!! Good luck with those crowds. Count to 10 when it's too much. It really does work.

Your preview looks wonderful! I love the Dells too. There are so many things to do. The Travel Channel had a special dedicated to it. I think they said something about all the water parks and the fact that a lot of them are indoors. I think they are trying to get more tourists to come up there in the winter.

That count to 10 idea is a good one! I am thinking I'll be doing that trick more than once.

It does make sense for the Dells to try and pull people there during the winter. I am surprised at how many things are outdoors only. It will be fun to visit sometime in the winter and see how many people are even around!

Thanks for the preview of the Dells! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:thumbsup2 Coming up soon! (but you'll probably read this tomorrow night with your tea ;))

Love the teaser pics! And your new siggy pics are sooo cute!!! When were they taken?

Thank you! We got the pics done just about a week ago at Target. They are his "18 month" pics, taken at 20 months. :rolleyes1

Hey Brook,

I thought I was subscribed to this and somehow I wasn't!:eek: I think I was the 1st person to comment on this new PTR, too! Hmm, something went wrong, cause I missed a lot!!!! I just came over from my PTR to see what was new and to tell how ADORABLE your new siggie is with the pics of Henry!!!!! Too cute!!:lovestruc I have to go back and read and see where these were done, assuming you commented on them already? Sorry about that....off to catch up!!:surfweb: And now, I swear, I'm subbing!!!;) I can't miss any of your PTR/TRs!!!:goodvibes

That has happened to me before too with subscriptions. I think sometimes something quirky happens. Who knows! BUT, I'm glad ya made it back! And thank you for the nice comments on Henry's pictures. I just added them to my siggy the other day, so I haven't commented on them yet. They were done at Target just recently!

:D I love it!! Laugh in the face of winter... sounds like an excellent plan! I can't wait for more pictures and stories from the Dells trip!

As far as Mardi Gras goes, the French Quarter really is as crazy as they say it is. It was solid people, lots of drinking and quite a bit of nudity. As a pretty naive sheltered girl, it was an eye opening experience.

For the rest of the city, it was really nothing more than a good time. In neighborhoods, families sat on their lawns to watch the parades go by and we were still able to hit markets and Cafe du Monde.

:rotfl: It would be eye opening for me as well! I really don't know if I woudl be able to handle it all. Crowds are one thing, but drunk nude crowds...I would be running for the hills!

However, the parades, markets and Cafe du Monde do sound quite my style!

OK - this is just too stinkin' cute :goodvibes I love the new pics in your siggy too!

Aw thanks! I was pretty excited about that shot with the bucket too. Might have to frame that one.

I bought the book too, and thought you got complete access to the site, but all I got was the hours and said I had to pay for a membership to get anywhere else. What am I doing wrong?

Brook, the pics look fun and great. Your new signature is awesome too.

Thanks!

Oh, sorry, I guess that was wrong information then!! I actually have the subscription, too, I guess I needed to check dates before I bought the book... But the subscription is actually quite affordable, especially if you sign up for the Allears.net newsletter, you get a discount code for the subscription.

And, Brook, I agree the pictures in your signature are great!!

Actually just went back to touringplans and this here is from their FAQ:

Thank you again for this info on touringplans, and I didn't realize you get a discount too with the Allears.net newsletter. I just belong to their RSS feed. BUT, I'm planning on getting the book - so I'll get the membership. What a deal!

I believe he is quite liking the car ride. How cute!

What kind of boo-boo did he get on his elbow in the sandpail picture?

Can't wait to hear all about your fun!

He was SO excited about going in the cars. "Car, car, car" was all I heard! Joe said he was blank faced for most of the ride, just trying to take it all in - but overall he did seem to enjoy it!

You have a keen eye there MeMom! His boo boo was from a spill he took when trying to go down a step in the garage. It's almost all healed up now. He had a scrape on his knee too. Just the beginning I'm sure with a boy. :rolleyes:

OK, I figured it out. I never had signed up for th basic before hand.

I am glad it finally worked for you!! :thumbsup2

Me too!

Love the preview pics. Can't wait to hear all about it! popcorn::

Thanks!

Hi Brook! Glad you had a great time on your mini vacation! :goodvibes When I saw your new photos on your signature I literally said, "Awwwwww, it's Henry" and my kids just looked at me..... I said "I'm on the DISboards" and they got that "knowing look", like there goes mom again with these people she thinks she knows. :rotfl:

:rotfl2: That's so funny! I told Joe the other day "My friends are in my computer". And since we've had 2 DisMeets, he said he could vouch for me that at least some of them are real! :laughing:

Thank you everyone for the kind words about my new siggy pics! We were SO thrilled with the pictures I had to use a few here to show off my little guy. We just picked up the prints tonight and found out they would like to use one for their preview book in store, and also he might get featured in the hardcover feature books that all Target Portrait Studios use! So who knows, Henry might be a star!!

And for that, we get $4 off our next purchase. :laughing:

After 5 hours of driving, 2 bathroom stops and 10 cups of coffee, we arrived at our hotel in Wisconsin Dells, excited and ready for FUN.

The Kalahari had gotten mixed reviews online, but the moment I stepped up to the check-in desk I knew this was going to be a good visit. The gal who assisted me was INCREDIBLE. She went above and beyond. She was Disneyfied. (I filled out an online comment card and mentioned her name-hopefully she gets some kudos, she rocks!).

Our room was not ready, but that was fine-we were prepared for that - our swimsuits were easily accessable and we were ready to hit that waterpark!

I found our crew wandering around the beautiful lobby and started to explain the wristbands, etc for the waterpark when I was approached and told our room JUST became ready!

SCORE!

A few minutes later we were in the elevator on our way

547164432_iUNRy-M.jpg

Our room was located on the 4th floor in a "quiet zone" where you needed to get your key to get through an additional set of glass doors. We all laughed about how with a toddler and a 4 year old and a 6 year old, this was NOT going to be a quiet zone!

Sorry about the pics-they really aren't the best - I was distracted while taking these with the kids running all around! :goodvibes

Our room was BEAUTIFUL and veryyyyy clean!
547164435_oR7hK-M.jpg

The master bedroom

547164492_b4rwV-M.jpg

The balcony. A view of the parking lot. Not the best, but that's OK. The kids found it GREAT fun to run between the sliding glass doors from the master bedroom, around to the living room.

547164504_nnf6U-M.jpg

The living room

Okay...this has got to be The World's Lamest Update ever.

I'm sorry.

My internet is being veryyyyy slow for some reason so this update is taking a stinkin' long time and Joe is really wanting to watch a movie with me tonight...so, I will end this here, BUT, I will try to write a bit more on our adventure tomorrow night! :goodvibes

OMG! I love all the new pictures of Henry! :lovestruc Target did an awesome job!! :) Too darn cute, I tell ya.

Great updates so far and I'd hardly call you lame...

Heather

Not pathetic at all! I can't wait to hear more about this resort. I'm very intrigued by the water park capital of the world! :)

No worries, Brook!

Your post was just a little appetizer, that's all! :goodvibes

We all know how it is when hubbies demand attention! :rolleyes1

Kathy

It was a fun update! G and I went to New Orleans last weekend and I have not even had time to download the pictures yet.

Putting that on the list of things to do tonight at Princess Pickletoes goes to bed.:thumbsup2

Brook, you know I am loving the zebra-print patio furniture! :laughing:

I loved it too! From what I could see from our balcony, ours was the ONLY one with it. Made me feel speeeeeeeecial. ;)

OMG! I love all the new pictures of Henry! :lovestruc Target did an awesome job!! :) Too darn cute, I tell ya.

Great updates so far and I'd hardly call you lame...

Heather

Thank you!! Joe is going to scan in some of the prints so we'll have a larger size, I'll share them once he does.

I felt bad about the post being so short, I didn't even finish the room pics. :rolleyes:

Not pathetic at all! I can't wait to hear more about this resort. I'm very intrigued by the water park capital of the world! :)

I'm glad you guys don't all think it was as pathetic as I did! Tonight let's hope I at least make it through the rest of the room pics, eh? :laughing:

No worries, Brook!

Your post was just a little appetizer, that's all! :goodvibes

We all know how it is when hubbies demand attention! :rolleyes1

Kathy

Oh, I like that-it was an appetizer! ::yes::

It was a fun update! G and I went to New Orleans last weekend and I have not even had time to download the pictures yet.

Putting that on the list of things to do tonight at Princess Pickletoes goes to bed.:thumbsup2

How fun! I can't wait to see the pics...and maybe get some more tips/tourig ideas!

Alright, where did I leave off...ah yes, the couch.

Which was a very nice microfiber couch I might add! :goodvibes

The fireplace

The all important very large vanity!

The Master Bathroom - not much vanity space, but a great whirlpool tub!

There were 3 flat panel TVs, one in the living room, one in the Master, and one in the second bedroom.

And some much better pics that Joe got just before we checked out the next day:

Master bed, it was very comfy but the pillows were too poofy!

The other bedroom

Okay, so his pics are only slightly better than mine. Sorry-they just don't do the room justice!

And don't worry-for those of you who are new to my PTRs/TRs, we take many more pics, and better ones, during our Disney vacations! :thumbsup2 ;)

After we dropped our bags we quickly changed into our swimsuits and headed straight for the waterpark!

Of course I left the camera in the room at this point, so no pics yet of the waterpark.

Joe, Henry and I hit the lazy river first. Henry was a bit nervous about it all, it was a bit noisy, and there was a LOT going on at one time, but soon he settled down and we had a good time on the river.

We moved over to a few different kiddy areas which were all VERY cool. Henry did find that climbing in and out of the pool was his favorite activity-which resulted in this Momma having visions of her baby tripping off the side and landing head/face first into the water occur over and over and over! :rolleyes:

Henry also found a tiny little "waterslide" to be a bit of fun. I often had to coax him down, but overall, it was one of his favorites.

And another area, with basketballs was also a huge highlight for him. "Ball! Ball! Ball!" and he enjoyed hitting it out of his Daddy's hands.

For myself, I don't exactly enjoy waterslides. I'm a complete WUSS when it comes to them. I really believe it's due to feeling out of control of my body. On a roller coaster, which I looooove, I'm strapped in and safe. With a waterslide, I'm wet, wiggly and everywhere. :sad2: However, this was for celebrating my dear Joe's 31st birthday, so I was going to buck it up and have fun! Or at least try to.

So, me and Mrs. Friend went off to some slides together. I chose one that was completely covered (which eliminates the irrational fear I have of flying out the side!).

HOLY SMOKEY DOGS! I screamed the entireeeeeeeee way down. Once I finally felt "okay" during the ride, it took a deep drop and the screams started all over again. I'm sure the life guards were expecting a 6 year old girl to fly out of the tube...and then had a great moment sharing with all their fellow co-workers about the grown woman screaming like a banshee.

Joe went on the same slide the next day and was all, "meh".

WHATEVER.

Anyway...
Mrs. Friend was much more brave than I and tried a slide that shot you down a pipe and then you whipped around in what basically resmembled a giant toliet bowl until you were burped out at the end and dropped into a pool.

Needless to say, I avoided that one.

Later in our waterpark adventures, Joe and I hit up the "Master Blaster" which is a waterslide roller-coaster - I do know they have one of these at one of the Disney Waterparks, TL I believe...the Crusher Gusher?

I was nervous.

Sooooo nervous.

But I did it!

And really, it was FUN! We didn't fly side to side in the raft, so no irrational fears crept in, and it was fairly slow (at least compared to the earlier Tube of Death!)

After the boys hit a few more slides and much more kiddy pool fun (which really was fun, they had so many neat things going on in the kiddy pools!) our stomachs started to growl. We headed back to the room and freshened up for dinner.

Dinner was the easiest part of planning our trip. Joe is a major pizza man!

We went to a local place I found good reviews of online and tried a "spaghetti and meatballs" pizza and just a good old pepperoni and sausage. Both were DELISH.

Strange, but GOOD.

Mrs. Friend and son

A light for LL! They had really rockin' fixtures in there

After our bill was settled and our stomachs were bulging, we made our way back to the Kalahari where our friends surprised us with birthday gifts! Completely unexpected and very sweet.

http://brookelizabeth.smugmug.com/gallery/8346135_SrRDv/1/547165105_kHFX8/Large
Joe got a farm toy set. It was funny-he is SO hard to shop for! The intention was so he and Henry could play together with it (and they do!) Henry was thrilled as well!

I received a really great necklace/earrings set (you will see it later in the report), some Bath & Body Works shower gel, awesome lip gloss and a yummy candle.

Up next: The Dells continued...Henry and his hot date.

I saw no lameness!

The room is fab! It sounds like you had a terrific time at the water park.
That pizza is exactly what my DH would go for.

Ah, a fellow pillow snob. I don't care much for fluffy hotel pillows myself, since it seems like I need to use at least 2 or 3 of the things to feel like they're actually doing anything. These days if I can possibly get away with it I'll just smuggle in my own pillows. I sleep a lot better that way.

As for waterslides, It's been years since I've been on one, but our family used to go to a campground called Cherry Hill in Kaysville Utah for our vacations which included waterslides on site, and later grew to include a downhill river run, lazy river and "pirate's cove" place on site, as well as mini golf, batting cages, video arcades (that's where I ended up spending most of my time) and other attractions. I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of the big steep drop type slides, but the other ones I could ride all day. They really aren't as scary as they look.

I'm just like you. Not big on the waterparks in general. I'm not into slides at all. Once years ago I did one really big one and swore I would fly out the sides the whole way doen, and then when I got down I opened my eyes to find my DD Paige, who was probalby about 5 or 6 at the time. She went down before me and had strict instructions to stand at the end and wait for me. She wasn't in site and I sttod up with my suit falling off and fixed it as I tried to rush and find her and trip over the side and scraped both knees so badly. I had major blood dripping down both legs and Paige was still not in site. She had taekn off and went to another part of the park to the kids area. Why she did this, I'll neer know, but we were frantically looking for her for quite some time and I was cryuing from losing her and from the pain too I think. Once we found her I realized how bad my knees were nad had to go to the first aid. And hten I was embarrassed too. LOL! So I pretty much only do Lazy River type stuff or something in a raft anymore. LOL!

When Henry is older you will have to try Typhoon Lagoon -- I am not a big water park person, but it is so neat and beautifully themed (like everything at Disney)!

Tube of Death -- :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Joe looks so excited about his farm set -- boys and their toys! :thumbsup2

Brook, you know I am loving the zebra-print patio furniture! :laughing:

I love those, too - and they would be great for AKL!!

I am happy that I could help you with your decision! Before you go out and buy the 2009 Unofficial Guide, you might want to wait for the 2010 edition. I think the new edition generally comes out in August. That way you have the most up to date book for your vacation.

I love water slides, but I can understand your problem with them. I don't like the very fast ones where you move up the sides a lot either. I actually thought that the slides at the Disney waterparks were rather tame. And you are right, Typhoon Lagoon has the Crush'n Gusher which is a roller coaster slide. It is a lot of fun!! But make sure your raft has enough air in it. We once used a flat one and that was not good, because we actually touched the slide with our bottoms. Very uncomfortable!!! :scared1:

The pizza you had sounds intriguing! pasta on pizza... :confused:

Sounds like a really fun time... you were braver than I would've been!!

Love the toy farm gift, too!
moodance.gif

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter