Tasty Planning Time with ZeBrook! A 2 for 1 PTR - 12/24 - All our bags are packed

:cool1::banana::yay::woohoo: Yippee for under 199 days! Of course, that means our 199 mark is coming up quickly! I'm trying to hide any tickers or coutdowns. DD would definitely notice!

I really don't know what the difference between the dedicated 2 bedroom and the lockoff is. I've been wondering. The info for our reservation say dedicated. Yippeee for us I guess! I see a lot people request the dedicated :confused3 I hope you get the other days! But if you don't maybe you should try for BLT MK view ;) One of these days I WILL stay BLT MK view even if it takes 3 years of points!!!

Aren't the DVC member services CM's great? Holy cow when I was trying to make a reservation for us for Dec the girl I spoke to was sooooo helpful and tried so hard to make it work for me. She deserves a day off or something for all her efforts! But it just wasn't going to work!

Your breakfast at Kalahari looks sooo yummy! What a good way to start a busy day! I love the smiles on Henry's face in all the pictures! He looks like he had a blast!

I do hope he nap for you at some point! Ryan went napless today and it wasn't pretty by about 7! :eek:

Anyway, can't wait to read more!

Wow, I think we need to plan a trip to the Dells! I never knew the Kalahari had so much...I always thought it was just the water park.

Hooray for being under 200 days. The trip will come before you know it! Hopefully we'll get some summer in between now and then.

Henry is such a cutie. He has such a funny, naughty grin! The pictures of him driving his car with his girl and adorable.

I know you're not finished posting, but I just wanted to say how cute Henry looked riding the big lion and daring to touch his teeth!! :laughing:

The resort does look amazing... and how wonderful to not have to worry about getting a sunburn!! :sunny:

Looking forward to the rest...

Kathy

Henry was a brave one with that lion! ;)

The resort really was incredible-such detail at every turn-much like Disney....but not quite the same...of course. You just can't replicate that!

Yahoo for 199 days!!! :dance3:

Henry has the cutest look on his face in the picture of he and Joe riding in the car. Adorable!!!

He was so excited about the car ride. Before they were able to load into the car, Henry could not stop saying "car", over and over and over. His eyes were glued to them as they zipped past the loading area. It was so fun!

This pictures of Henry on the Lion Carousel is just adorable.

It seems like Kalahari had a little bit of everything, it looks like so much fun! :woohoo:

Joe did a good job with those carousel pics, didn't he? :goodvibes Henry was so lovin' that ride too. I can't wait to take him on Cinderella's carousel again.

:banana::banana: horray for 199 days!!:banana::banana:

Love the pics and Henry is just so adorable!!

I just asked my DH how far it is to get to Wisconsin from PA:lmao:

paula

:rotfl: It's not too bad actually! But...

there's a kahlihari in Sandusky Ohio....its closer than wisconsin anyways!;)

Exactly! There is one even closer! :thumbsup2

Wow, it looks like Henry loved that cookie! Esp, the blue frosting. :goodvibes

:rotfl2: very true. If I recall correctly he literally licked the frosting off the cookie!

The pictures of Henry in the car and then the top of Henry's head in the car - very funny! I know he was having an absolute blast!

Does he have any of the Disney Matchbox cars like they sell in the parks?

You could see him sink a bit lap by lap! :laughing:

I didn't even know they sold Disney Matchbox cars!!! :faint: MeMom, you are a wealth of awesome Disney information. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for those, he would loooooove them. :thumbsup2

That place looks like so much fun! Too bad Wisconsin is so far from here!

I love the pictures of Henry on the Lion, so so cute!

They do have a couple other locations, Sandusky, OH and Fredricksburg, VA - none of those are very close though, are they? :sad2:

:cool1::banana::yay::woohoo: Yippee for under 199 days! Of course, that means our 199 mark is coming up quickly! I'm trying to hide any tickers or coutdowns. DD would definitely notice!

I really don't know what the difference between the dedicated 2 bedroom and the lockoff is. I've been wondering. The info for our reservation say dedicated. Yippeee for us I guess! I see a lot people request the dedicated :confused3 I hope you get the other days! But if you don't maybe you should try for BLT MK view ;) One of these days I WILL stay BLT MK view even if it takes 3 years of points!!!

Aren't the DVC member services CM's great? Holy cow when I was trying to make a reservation for us for Dec the girl I spoke to was sooooo helpful and tried so hard to make it work for me. She deserves a day off or something for all her efforts! But it just wasn't going to work!

Your breakfast at Kalahari looks sooo yummy! What a good way to start a busy day! I love the smiles on Henry's face in all the pictures! He looks like he had a blast!

I do hope he nap for you at some point! Ryan went napless today and it wasn't pretty by about 7! :eek:

Anyway, can't wait to read more!

Jordan explained the lock-off/dedicated a couple posts ago...basically a lock-off is like a 1 bed and a Studio joined, meaning the 2nd bedroom has a Queen and a sofa sleeper and a kitchenette. The dedicated 2nd bedroom has 2 Queens, no kitchenette-more like a true 2nd bedroom.

The BLT MK view would be :cloud9: ESPEICALLY during NYE! Can you imagine that view!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

I agree, every MS CM I have spoken to has been incredibly nice and helpful. :thumbsup2

Henry did kinda-nap that day, but much later...:scared:

Wow, I think we need to plan a trip to the Dells! I never knew the Kalahari had so much...I always thought it was just the water park.

I think when the Kalahari was first built it was just the water park but it has slowly grown into a monster resort! The indoor park is very new-I think it just opened this year.

It's a pricey resort, but during the week it can be much more affordable.

Hooray for being under 200 days. The trip will come before you know it! Hopefully we'll get some summer in between now and then.

Henry is such a cutie. He has such a funny, naughty grin! The pictures of him driving his car with his girl and adorable.

I am so ready for summer to arrive! Come on, come on! Today was fairly nice though, and this weekend I *think* it's supposed to be in the 80's.

It's so funny you mention his funny/naughty grin-one of my Aunt's says the EXACT same thing. Whenever she sees pictures of him she just looks me and and tells me to be careful with him. :laughing:

Love the waterpark...I think I have seen it on the Travel Channel!

:worship:I am a BIG fan of Bob's. I absolutely loooove the UG. I read it for the first time in 2005 before our 2006 trip. It really reads well...like a book and he is so funny! We have the 2009 edition for our upcoming trip and still I have read it like 6 times and can still read throught it and not be bored!

I love his little face peeking out of the car... so cute! And what a big boy on the carousel too! The mug came out great and I am impressed you got a neat handprint on there.

I can totally relate to Henry feeling overwhelmed at that waterpark. I was feeling that way looking at the pics!!!

What a great birthday weekend you had!!! :goodvibes

Love seeing all the fun you had at the Dells! I am pretty sure I need a Sweet Hut near me. :laughing:

Hope your last night's room comes through soon -- FYI -- we did see a guy fast asleep on a lounge chair one morning at AKL -- it has been done. :lmao:

Love the waterpark...I think I have seen it on the Travel Channel!

:worship:I am a BIG fan of Bob's. I absolutely loooove the UG. I read it for the first time in 2005 before our 2006 trip. It really reads well...like a book and he is so funny! We have the 2009 edition for our upcoming trip and still I have read it like 6 times and can still read throught it and not be bored!

Yep! Joe and I were just watching the Travel Channel last night and saw the Kalahari featured! Though, they did the one from Sandusky, Ohio instead of Wisconsin Dells. Overall it seemed pretty similar.

I am really enjoying the UG too-the sense of humor is great!! And what an amazing amount of info!

I love his little face peeking out of the car... so cute! And what a big boy on the carousel too! The mug came out great and I am impressed you got a neat handprint on there.

I can totally relate to Henry feeling overwhelmed at that waterpark. I was feeling that way looking at the pics!!!

The handprint is a blob in part of it-it looks like he has a thumb, a couple normal fingers and a couple mutant ones. :rolleyes:

Brook! I found something hilarious. Go read here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2188285

Look for post #7, the last photo. This is yours, right? :)

That is SO STINKIN' FUNNY! I literally have this thread open on my computer and have been meaning to read her TR-I was surprised when it opened to that and then scrolled down to find my LGMH! Too funny!!!!!

What a great birthday weekend you had!!! :goodvibes

Love seeing all the fun you had at the Dells! I am pretty sure I need a Sweet Hut near me. :laughing:

Hope your last night's room comes through soon -- FYI -- we did see a guy fast asleep on a lounge chair one morning at AKL -- it has been done. :lmao:

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to read all about your trip! :yay::woohoo::dance3:

The Sweet Hut is DANGEROUS. :laughing:

That is so funny about the guy asleep on the AKL lounger! I love it! Did you snap a pic? ;)

Love the picture. Childhood at it's best.

It really is. Mouth full of blue sugary frosting-ahhhhh. Not even too shabby as an adult. :rolleyes:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm sweets!!!

Me wants some!

I want another one of those carmel apples. I think it was called a "Dirt Apple" with crushed cookies and the gummy worms. Ahhhh. Goofy's can't come soon enough!

That amusement area looked like so much fun! Henry with the blue icing and that look on his face is just precious!

On the buffet question, last year was my first trip to Disney in 19 years! My DH and I ate at Boma but not for breakfast. It was awesome! I'm not real big on too much food before heat and rides.

This September I am planning to try Donald's breakfast at Tusker House. I've heard it is very good. We shall see. I may book the Biergarten if I can't get an ADR at Le Cellier for supper.

Other than that I like the Golden Corral's breakfast. I've also never been disappointed by any hotel breakfast buffet either.

Tell me about it :woohoo: :dance3:=sugar rush

Exactly! :rotfl:

That amusement area looked like so much fun! Henry with the blue icing and that look on his face is just precious!

On the buffet question, last year was my first trip to Disney in 19 years! My DH and I ate at Boma but not for breakfast. It was awesome! I'm not real big on too much food before heat and rides.

This September I am planning to try Donald's breakfast at Tusker House. I've heard it is very good. We shall see. I may book the Biergarten if I can't get an ADR at Le Cellier for supper.

Other than that I like the Golden Corral's breakfast. I've also never been disappointed by any hotel breakfast buffet either.

Tusker House looks really good for breakfast...I've been tempted on that one too-espeically since it has characters for Henry, and he's still young enough to not realize you can meet them in the parks so we don't have to wait in lines! :rolleyes:

I have to check out the Biergarten menu. Joe brought it up today...

I love me some hotel breakfast. They are usually soooo good...ahhhh!

What are your dates in September? :rolleyes1

I first have to apologize to everyone...this PTR is jumping around all over the place between trip plans and Wisconsin Dells...and, I have a very good feeling, it's just going to get worse.

So, if you are getting lost or confused, my apologies. :hug:

So, you might want to know "Why does Brook think this PTR is going to get even MORE confusing?"

Well...

I have a secret.

And I can't keep it any longer!!!!!!

:dance3:

I have an Annual Pass burning a hole in my back pocket.

:rolleyes1

And apparently my husband does too! :laughing:

Back in January, knowing were coming back to to WDW in December, plus having the very nice DVC AP discount, we thought it best to buy the APs.

Being that it's June, and it's been 6 months since our trip and another 6 more to go...I have to admit, that AP is burning a hole in my back pocket!

Between the two of us, I cannot tell you how many trips we have "secrectly" priced. These discounts Disney keeps throwing at us are irresitable, aren't they???

Joe admits to me about his faux-trips...I haven't admitted to all of mine...:rolleyes1

I don't know how it came up AGAIN, but it did. Someone threw the noodle at the wall to see if it would stick, and it's been hanging on...

At first it was me saying,

"We can eat Pop Tarts the entire week at Pop Century!"

then it was,

"Pop Tarts at All Star Music!"

or,

"Pop Tarts at any Value, or ANYWHERE!!"

We were even considering...<dum dum dum> off-site! :scared1:

ANYWHERE, ANYHOW JUST GET ME TO DISNEY WORLD!

And a recent trip was priced...with free dining, in September for 4 nights, 5 days.

Joe's Response:
"Dang."
<pause>
"That's cheap."
<pause>
"Crap."

:rotfl2:

I priced out airfare and found it cheap.

We continued discussing it, I promise you, he brought it up as often as I did!

Then, enter Fuzzy Disney Math:

Joe: "How much is our 4th of July to Mount Rushmore gonna cost?"
Me: "Not sure...at least a few hundred bucks with gas/food/camp site, etc."
Joe: "So, if we took that money and upgraded to that New Orleans resort....You have to drive 9 hours to South Dakota. And 9 hours back. In a weekend. And, we have Annual Passes..."

:teacher:

Nice, huh? :lovestruc

After much more discussion and browsing every Moderate Resort's pictures online, we put in a price quote for CSR!

And if you have noticed my ticker...................

WE ARE GOING BACK IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is now a 2 for 1 PTR! I can't believe it! :yay:

I get to have Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets in just 2 1/2 months!

I love me some Fuzzy Disney Math. :rotfl:

congrats!!!!how exciting!!!!

You are quick! :rotfl:

Thanks! I'm soooooo excited. We just finalized the trip tonight and put in our deposit. All the way home from work I kept turning to Joe in the car and saying "Really? Really? We are going back?" He would just grin. :goodvibes

Oh, Brook!!! I cannot even begin to describe the excitement I have over reading that you are headed back to WDW in just three months!!!

party: party: party: party:

That is so awesome!!! I am so thrilled for you (and for me because that means I get to read another of your wonderful trip reports)!!!

So, you are staying at Port Orleans?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter