Target Toy Clearance Watch

Oooooooo I could really use one of those for our baseball tounaments when we're gone all day. Do you recall what department that was in? Was it the seasonal summer stuff, auto or maybe even sporting goods?

Thanks

Sporting Goods - endcap near the bikes and camping stuff where they have all the clearance for that department. The box is maybe 18" x 12" x 12". It weighs about 10lbs so it's not a huge thing, but a nice day travel size.

Sporting Goods - endcap near the bikes and camping stuff where they have all the clearance for that department. The box is maybe 18" x 12" x 12". It weighs about 10lbs so it's not a huge thing, but a nice day travel size.

Thank You :thumbsup2 I'm going to swing by ours today & see if they happen to have any.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was around the time last year I started getting more budget-concious and frugal... Around the same time the Target toy clearance begins for the summer, doesn't the baby department do a 'spring cleaning' also? I thought Baby was done in June or July, but I also thought it coincided with the Toy clearance... Any help would be great! Really could use a little of both! Thanks!

Do you work at Target or just happen to know that? I don't know what NCF means - could you please tell me? If you work at Target can you give us a better idea of when things will start clearancing??? :worship:

I don't work for Target, but I'm fairly knowledgable about the action figure aisle.

NCF means "non-carry forward", indicating that the DPCI will be discontinued in the very near future. At that time the stock cannot be replenished and the DPCI will go to clearance. Look at the shelf/peg tags and if you see a printed "NCF" then you know that clearance is on the way.

I don't work for Target, but I'm fairly knowledgable about the action figure aisle.

NCF means "non-carry forward", indicating that the DPCI will be discontinued in the very near future. At that time the stock cannot be replenished and the DPCI will go to clearance. Look at the shelf/peg tags and if you see a printed "NCF" then you know that clearance is on the way.

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. From what I have read about the toy clearance sale (on a different website), the sale is at the end of July or beginning of August. We'll see I guess. I stocked up in January, but I'm always willing to pick up some more things. I like to donate to Toys for Tots and the Angel tree.

Thanks! I didn't know that! Learn something new every day on the DIS boards! :goodvibes

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. From what I have read about the toy clearance sale (on a different website), the sale is at the end of July or beginning of August. We'll see I guess. I stocked up in January, but I'm always willing to pick up some more things. I like to donate to Toys for Tots and the Angel tree.

I don't recall when last year's started - I just started getting into the DIS boards and saving and such about this time last year. Some places are already reporting clearancing to start in various departments - not specifically just toys. Maybe it's coming sooner this year?? The last week of July I'm in MI - guess I'll have to prepare DH for making sure there's room in the van to get it all home! :rotfl: And I'll have to leave money with someone here to buy things this store has that the one in MI doesn't. I'd stop at every Target on the way home if we had the time! :rotfl2:

You guys are killing me. Now I need to plan a solo Target trip so I can check all the aisles for good deals. I was there the other day with my DS in two, but I didn't spot any major deals. I'd love to snag that Aerosmith Guitar Hero for DH for Father's Day!

For the last two years I have shopped Target's major 75% toy clearance while my girls are at dance camp, the last week of July. I scored HUGE deals last year!!!

I just got a Star Wars Edition, Leapster 2 with a Jedi Math game for $19.98, originally 79.98. Very excited.

Purchased at the Target in Green yesterday.

I ALMOST went to the Target on Arlington on my lunch break today but surfed the Internet instead.

Well, I know where I'll be going TOMORROW!

My *EVIL* Target in Chantilly, VA does not have their toys marked down yet. I say *EVIL* because they are so rude to anyone using a coupon. I hate shopping at that location, though it's only 4 mi from my home.

Last year, the day toys went 75% off was on 7/31. It's (as long as I have been going to the toy clearance sales) been on a Thursday that they change over to a higher percent off. I'm on a "bargain hunting" message board, and moms from all around the country all found that to be the day. I can't wait!

Last year, the day toys went 75% off was on 7/31. It's (as long as I have been going to the toy clearance sales) been on a Thursday that they change over to a higher percent off. I'm on a "bargain hunting" message board, and moms from all around the country all found that to be the day. I can't wait!

So am I looking for 7/30 (Thursday) this year or 7/31 (same date as last year)? If that's the case, that's the day or two before DH's cousin's wedding and we'll be in MI...thankfully DMIL lives close to Target and the next closest one isn't too far away. His poor family will get to see my buying craziness in full swing! :rotfl: I was hoping it didn't fall during that trip but it's just my luck!

Will Target adjust prices if they change within a certain amount of time? Like if I buy clearance toys for 50% off and they go 75% later that week? I hope the sale isn't on the 30th. I absolutely can't go that week. Maybe I can "train" hubby on what to buy...:rotfl2:

Will Target adjust prices if they change within a certain amount of time? Like if I buy clearance toys for 50% off and they go 75% later that week? I hope the sale isn't on the 30th. I absolutely can't go that week. Maybe I can "train" hubby on what to buy...:rotfl2:

They will not price adjust clearance. You would have to return it and buy another one, if they have another one.

So am I looking for 7/30 (Thursday) this year or 7/31 (same date as last year)? If that's the case, that's the day or two before DH's cousin's wedding and we'll be in MI...thankfully DMIL lives close to Target and the next closest one isn't too far away. His poor family will get to see my buying craziness in full swing! :rotfl: I was hoping it didn't fall during that trip but it's just my luck!

Who knows? I know that the 2008 January sale and the 2009 January sale were several weeks apart from each other, so I am sure this summer's date could be several weeks off from last years.

What I do is go every so often until I see the toys being condensed into a clearance aisle (or aisles). Once they are there, they are usually 30% off to start. Every sale prior to Jan. 2009, they went to 50%, stayed there for a couple weeks, then finally went to 75% off and it was cleared out in a day. In January however, my Target left the 30% off signs up, but when I looked at individual items, they were marked 75%. So really pay attention! But once they were 30%, I just made my weekly Target run fall on Thursday mornings, and I'd go at 9 am and check. This is only important if you want to be like literally one of the first few people there. If that's not possible, or you don't care quite so much, just check on here, or some of the other deal hunting sites every Thursday morning-as soon as it happens, you'll know!

Hope that helps! It is totally worth the hassle of stalking the sale. Summer of 2008 I got $400 worth of toys for less than $100, and in January I got over $500 worth for $150 or so. I am set for every birthday and Christmas, as well as every birthday party we are invited to, and I have some to donate. And I got some Disney items in January for our upcoming trip. It's the best thing ever!!!

I'll keep my eyes out, but my Target doesnt even have a clearance isle right now!!

They will not price adjust clearance. You would have to return it and buy another one, if they have another one.

Or just turn around and buy the same item you JUST "returned".;)

That's why I've NEVER understood why places don't just do price adjustments without this hassle. It's more work for them to return the item and then just turn around and sell it to you again at a lower price.

I suppose they are counting on people not taking the time to return something only to get the price adjustment.:confused3

I did it with a huge flat screen TV one time. They said they "don't do price adjustments"...so...I went home, hauled the darn thing back and said "I want to return this. She did, put the money back on my card and I said "Now I'd like to purchase it again". She just started laughing like "what the heck???".

I said "would have been MUCH easier to just do the price adjustment huh...";) She smiled and said she had never even thought of doing it that way. She found me pretty funny but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do! :):cool1:

Okay I want to know where your bargain hunting thread is and if anyone can join?! There's not many things I like better than getting a good deal! :goodvibes

Anyone want to watch with me?? I don't want to bog down the regular Target deal thread so I thought I'd start this one so we can post when we start to see things get marked down on clearance. I know it's coming soon and I know last year my Target was behind everyone elses.......

Share your clearance toy deals here....I'm so hoping for HUGE deals this year to get all my Christmas and birthday shopping done for the year. I know I'm going to have problems this year because we're planning to go to Disney (we're not - I am - it's a SURPRISE for DS4 and DH's birthday!!!) in July then to MI the last week of July for a wedding on August 1....hopefully I don't miss out on too much!!

wow that is great! I never find those deals at my Target. I think the employees get them first

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter