Target just lost a $3k sale

zomama

Mouseketeer
I haf been filling prescriptions there trying t o get a 5% coupon to stack eith my red card. I finally got it and counted out 70 $50 Disney gcs. Red card got denied from high amount so they cancelled the transaction and I went home and called target and they said to use any card and they'd refund the 5%. Went back to try agsin and the pharmacy rewards coupon declined and came up as already used. Turns out that since it had been scanned it was void and now I have to wait 2 weeks to get another one. Too bad my balance has to be paid this week. Bummer. Was really looking forward to saving $350!

If that were me, Id be calling back the 800 number and getting someone on the phone. Also, Id be making sure they called a store manager to get this straight. They can manually override it for you and shouldn't be giving you issues.

I haf been filling prescriptions there trying t o get a 5% coupon to stack eith my red card. I finally got it and counted out 70 $50 Disney gcs. Red card got denied from high amount so they cancelled the transaction and I went home and called target and they said to use any card and they'd refund the 5%. Went back to try agsin and the pharmacy rewards coupon declined and came up as already used. Turns out that since it had been scanned it was void and now I have to wait 2 weeks to get another one. Too bad my balance has to be paid this week. Bummer. Was really looking forward to saving $350!

Were they going to deduct the 5% that you would have gotten with the red card if you used another card? I think someone else posted that same situation-her red card was new and had a low limit. So she used a different card and they gave her the same discount she would have gotten with the red card, 5%.
It's not as good as 10% but it's something. Is that what they meant?

ETA I think my red card has a limit like all credit cards...I haven't hit it yet though!

We have the Debit Card and just bought $2200 work of Gift Cards this week with the 5% plus 5% discount. Sorry you had a problem - I would not give up.

Lorien728 said:
If that were me, Id be calling back the 800 number and getting someone on the phone. Also, Id be making sure they called a store manager to get this straight. They can manually override it for you and shouldn't be giving you issues.

Unfortunately, target has the worst customer service. I think I may stop in tomorrow and talk to a manager.

Well I tried again and spoke with 3 different managers but my persistence paid off. got the 10% off!!

I'm glad that they made it right. My experience with Target is that they will try to make things up to you if they've made a mistake. You may have to keep moving your complaint up the chain of command, but eventually it will reach someone who can make things work to your satisfaction.

Some of the lowest drug prices can be found at Costco and Sam's Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter