Target has the FurReal Butterscotch Pony for sale for $249. This is $50 off the a

You know how Target is, if it doesn't sell then they'll have it marked down in no time. And then we can wait for the 90% off. Then it will be closer to my budget. But I think for that price...but it in the bank and buy a real one when the child gets older. But then again, I am fond of real ponies! :)

Angela

I saw it at Target today. It is the size of a very big dog. My 15 mo old was afraid of it and wouldn't touch it. It only turns it's head and makes noises.

FYI...Saw this in Target today for $249.99, just in case anyone IS interested in buying it.

TENIA66 said:
Target has the FurReal Butterscotch Pony for pre-sale for $269. This is $30 off the average MSRP of $299.

Don't forget the 10% off coupon code that expires 11/30...TCRCPTAA

Shipping & handling is around $40

Items: $269.99
Shipping & Handling: $40
Promotion Applied: -$27.00 (10% off)

Total Before Tax: $268.66
Estimated Tax:* $14.00 (in MA)

Order Total: $296.99

Ships November 30.

Walmart has the pony for $268.88 - but charges $75 for shipping.

I saw this at Target this week too.....my boys asked what anyone would possibly want to do with that huge toy pony that doesn't actually DO anything.

(They thought at first it was some kind of ride on toy and were quite dissapointed it wasn't.

Dawn

No way though my DD would probably love it. All she wanted last Christmas was Scamps so I got one for her & her brother - $30 each on sale. Neither one ever really worked as advertised & one broke completely soon after. Extremely disappointing to me because I pictured hours of play since they both love animals so much. They barely played with them at all and one has since been given away. There's no way I'd spend that much money on a toy horse.

It is cute as we saw it in a catalog recently. But I told my 5 year old what it does and she even said, "Oh, I thought you could ride on it." I told her it costs as much as all the gifts that her Grandma and Grandpa get her...she said, "No way - I'll take my smaller gifts that do more fun stuff".

Not giving anyone a hard time who can and want to spend the money on this - if you are looking for this toy - this certainly is a pretty big price cut, but for us, I'd rather give a variety of gifts as this money is about as much as Santa spends on both of my girls total.

IMO, a better alternative is signing your kids up for lessons/rides at a nearby equestrian center. For my neice's 7th birthday this year, I saw an ad in a local magazine for this equestrian center, and thought maybe they'd let her just come in and take a look even though she wasn't involved in their classes/camps. They were actually very welcoming! We went in and she got to learn about the horse, brush it, put the saddle and such on, and then they took her for on a pretty long trail ride. She had one on one time with the pony and the instructor. She loved every minute of it and it only cost us about $30! She even got a glossy photo to take home with her on the pony. They also have lessons you can buy per class I think for $50 and they also have camps for a bit more than that.

The lady who runs the center told us they have guests as little as 3 years old!

If you do have access to an equestrian center, it's a better use of your money and the kids will sure love it loads more than a stuffed horse...especially a $300 one. Plus, they may learn something and it's great exercise. ;)

if anyone's interested in it. And Hey....let's just be thankful that it doesn't poop!!! ;)

Trish

We saw it at Target. My dd 9yrs. fell in love. She petted it for a while, Then
had an alergic reaction to it. Ichy eyes and a rash. She is alergic to cats.
I hope it's not made of cat hair. That would be really gross.

WL Jan-2007 6th stay !!!!!!!

Jenny

FloatinInABlueLagoon said:
IMO, a better alternative is signing your kids up for lessons/rides at a nearby equestrian center. For my neice's 7th birthday this year, I saw an ad in a local magazine for this equestrian center, and thought maybe they'd let her just come in and take a look even though she wasn't involved in their classes/camps. They were actually very welcoming! We went in and she got to learn about the horse, brush it, put the saddle and such on, and then they took her for on a pretty long trail ride. She had one on one time with the pony and the instructor. She loved every minute of it and it only cost us about $30! She even got a glossy photo to take home with her on the pony. They also have lessons you can buy per class I think for $50 and they also have camps for a bit more than that.

The lady who runs the center told us they have guests as little as 3 years old!

If you do have access to an equestrian center, it's a better use of your money and the kids will sure love it loads more than a stuffed horse...especially a $300 one. Plus, they may learn something and it's great exercise. ;)

Thank you for posting. A girl in our Girl Scout troop does this and it is a wonderful experience. I may do this for my daughters, too.

Oh, and I just bought a fancy rocking horse that Costco sold for a lot of money ($100?) for $5 from someone off of Craigslist. This is an example of how an expensive gift may not be so long-lasting. Not a flame, just an observation.

we saw one in Wal Mart over the weekend. It is cute, but truthfully my 3 year old was a little scared of it. I'm sure he'd get used to it with time, but I don't see him playing with it for hours and hours.

It does not do much other than move it's head around and make some horse-like noises. There is a pretend carrot that you can pretend to feed the horse. I'm sure it would get lost around here pretty quick. It is basically Furby technology in a large package.

Honestly, I'd probably pay around $100 or $120 for it, but not much more than that.

IMHO, It is WAY overpriced.

Doesn't it walk and smaller children can ride it?

I don't really think it is worth the money either - but I don't think it just stands there - it seemed to have some sort of lead harness on it, and I thought I remembered reading somewhere that small children could ride.

My 7 year old DD saw it in Target this weekend and fell in love - it is all she can think about since then - she is such a horse nut. I explained that we just couldn't afford $250 dollars for a toy.

She is convinced that Santa should be able to bring it ----- Santa will be bringing a certificate for riding lessons - and a note saying that he thought she would enjoy riding on and caring for a real horse more than a pretend one.

Hope that works...

no - it doesn't walk. It kind of wiggles. It is big enough that most pre-schoolers should be able to sit on it's back.

The BUTTERSCOTCH pony has many features similar to that of a real pony, including moving eyes, ears and head, soft fur coat and a swishing tail. Through sensors, BUTTERSCOTCH can feel when she is being groomed and will move her head toward you, and may whinny or snort. Just like a real pony, BUTTERSCOTCH loves carrots and can be “fed”. Hold the pretend carrot to her face and she will open her mouth for it, or shake her head “no” if she has had enough. Kids can even sit on BUTTERSCOTCH and she will gently bounce.

I did see it the other day finally at my supertarget. its cute alright but not worth $250 to purchase..

We saw this at Target. NO WAY! 250.00 for a creepy pony and there was like a monkey head as well, beyond creepy in my opinion. I mean only a little kid might be fooled and let's face it, most of us seem to be on a budget, if I was gonna spend that much I'd much rather buy something they could grow into. Like a computer or a game system or even a backyard play set. My nephews are seven and one of them is a complete animal lover, he still has stuffed animals everywhere, and wants more, but not even for him would I waste that kind of money on a animatronic horse that just moves when you pet it and that's it.

My daughter takes riding lessons and LOVES horses, last year i bought her a smilar horse for christmas,it is made by melissa and doug a company that is carried in alot of independent toy stores.ours seems to be a bit bigger than the one pictured in previous posts.It looked great under the tree and is a nice room decoration best of all it was 69.00 (and i thought that was alot!)

I'll be the first to admit that Santa will be bringing this pony to my 4 year old this year. I got it at Target for $249.99. I called all the Targets in CT and was told they get 2 per shipment. Anyhow it's the only present she'll be getting - she had the choice, one big present or a bunch of little ones. I'd honestly rather have this in my house than a bunch of other toys. And someday when she's older she'll be getting riding lessons instead. But for now, she can dream about having a real horse. This pony flicks it's ears, moves it's eyes, moves it mouth to eat the carrot, shakes it's tail, moves it's head, etc...it doesn't walk but it does hold up to 80 pounds on it's back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter