Taping shows on VCRs in room?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by PalVal, Feb 9, 2003.

1. PalVal

PalVal Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever taped a show from the VCR in the DVC rooms at WLV while you were in the parks?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight DIS Veteran

I don't think that the remote controls operate the VCR record menu options. In order to do this I believe you would need to bring your own VCR remote. You could probably get one from Radio shack for about $10 and program the code for Sony VCRs and it would work fine and you could program it to record the program you'd like.

4. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

That's exactly what we did last October. Brought our own remote so that my DH could tape a NASCAR race. Of course once the race was over and he watched the tape he also taped a number of the Disney channels (like Company Clips) so we can watch them at home.

5. CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight DIS Veteran

We actually prefer to bring a few VCR tapes of shows we haven't had a chance to watch prior to vacation, but enjoy catching up on during vacation. When in a prime vacation location, why not watch the best TV, skip through commercials, and have the option of stopping and starting to meet your own schedule. I'm a West Wing fan, but don't always get to catch it. WE also end up brining an extra TV for the drive, so we have a TV for the kids and one for adults. Of course the best TV times, are finding those movies we can all enjoy together.

6. baileybrad

baileybrad and Casey, too!

We have taped shows at HH but not at any of the WDW DVC resorts. On a sort of related note, we were at Vistana Resort in December and the "VCR" was a play only type, in other words, it did not record. First time that we had ever encountered this at a condo.