Tank tops allowed?

Blackadder337

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

I have read that tank top shirts are not allowed in many or most of the Disney restaurants, which is fine and I have no problem with that. But I've noticed from a lot of people's photos that no one seems to be wearing them in the parks either. Are tank tops not allowed to be worn in the parks either?

Hi All,

I have read that tank top shirts are not allowed in many or most of the Disney restaurants, which is fine and I have no problem with that. But I've noticed from a lot of people's photos that no one seems to be wearing them in the parks either. Are tank tops not allowed to be worn in the parks either?

Tank tops are allowed at the parks and even most restaurants as long as they are not revealing. I wear a sports tank to the parks in the summer and have never been turned away but of course I'm not going to one of the signature restaurants.

You can certainly wear them if you want (and plenty of people do,) but in the Florida sun, tank tops = sunburned shoulders.

where did you read that?
perhaps you misread it?
tank tops are allowed in many or most restaurants.
i'd say the only exception would be at the very few restaurants that have a dress code and even then if its a dressy top that just so happens to be sleeveless it may not be an issue.

I had read it on the Disney website, but it was only with regards to dining. Admittedly I was skimming through it so I may have missed that it was for the finer dining experiences only.

So it sounds like its ok for men to wear them as well then? I have no tattoos or anything like that, and all my tank tops are plain solid colors.

I think it may be for men and probably because they don't shave underarms. I'm just guessing, but I seem to remember when my son was younger he wore some to some of the restaurants but not TS since I would have killed him for it.

I typically wear a tank top at the parks and DH likes sleeveless shirts. It has never been an issue. Although I believe they are not allowed at signature dining.

I had read it on the Disney website, but it was only with regards to dining. Admittedly I was skimming through it so I may have missed that it was for the finer dining experiences only.

So it sounds like its ok for men to wear them as well then? I have no tattoos or anything like that, and all my tank tops are plain solid colors.

As long as deodorant is applied (and reapplied as needed) tank tops should be fine for men and women.

Oh no need to worry there. I'm quite clean and hygenic, so I'm always topped up on deodorant etc..

It sounds like I'm ok to wear them. I just hate having wet armpits in my shirt so I like tank tops because my upper body can breathe and ventilate a little easier ;-) Its probably silly I know, but that's how I roll :)

Oh no need to worry there. I'm quite clean and hygenic, so I'm always topped up on deodorant etc..

It sounds like I'm ok to wear them. I just hate having wet armpits in my shirt so I like tank tops because my upper body can breathe and ventilate a little easier ;-) Its probably silly I know, but that's how I roll :)

If your armpits get wet, try an antiperspirant along with that deodorant. The people in line with you will be greatful.

I've worn them, but always have a light sweater. Most restaurants and indoor places will freeze me!
I also like sundresses with a light sweater, though.
I'd say use your best judgement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter