Tangled: Trailers (links included)

disEAR

DVC Member
Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

I really want this movie to be good, but I'm not going into it with high expectations. The trailer wasn't that bad (the music choice was definitely dreadful, though). You can certainly tell that they're trying to appeal to a male audience.

I find all the "hair attack" scenes just a bit disturbing. Might have something to do with a bizarre Victorian poem about a woman who keeps tying up her husband with her impossibly long hair. He gets sick of it and strangles her, but her hair ends up rising from beyond the grave to kill him. It's called "I Love My Love" if anyone's interested.

I also agree the music is bad.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to think. I hope it's good, but I'm lukewarm about it at this point.

The dutch trailer is up and has a different feel then the american one. more classic music and seems to stick more closely to the original story. (still has the ninja hair though)

The links are in the original post.

I understand why they have chosen to market it the way they have...but it's still a bit frustrating, I think. I wish they would have stuck to their guns a bit more and kept their marketing of Tangled a bit more true to what I've heard the actual film is like.

Personally I think it will be great. The quality is good and I can't wait for it to come out.

Ya, I just signed up here. I was SO surprised someone hasn't taken the username "Tangled" yet. First username i've ever had without any numbers in it :)
Anyways, the movie looks good and the animation looks perfect. You couldn't do that with handrawn animation.:cool1:

I liked the trailer, but it looks a big "Dream Work-ish" to me. Not so much Disney. The characters remind me of Shrek.

I really want this movie to be good, but I'm not going into it with high expectations. The trailer wasn't that bad (the music choice was definitely dreadful, though). You can certainly tell that they're trying to appeal to a male audience.

I'm definitely not betting too high either, but it still looks fun from what I'm seeing so far. This is only the first trailer that's come out, so it could only get better (hopefully)!

As another PP said, I wasn't too surprised with the music choice either. The one thing that kind of made me go LAME! was the "Grounded! Like...FOREVER!" -rolls eyes- :sad2: Wanted to take a shower after I read that! :rotfl:

They actually renamed it from Rapunzel to Tangled to specifically appeal to the male audience! Disney did this because The Princess and the Frog was not as successful as they had hoped. They believe it was because of the emphasis on the word "princess", therefore deterring any boys from wanting to see the movie (what they thought anyway).

Thanks for posting the links. Went and checked them out and the bits I saw made me smile and amused me. I like the looks of it and I know I'll go see it in theaters.

Finally got good profile pic. Anyways, saw the trailer in theaters again in 3D while seeing Toy Story 3 yesterday (totally recommend) and I think it has potential. I probably will see it in theaters too, just cuz its a new disney princess. Seeing it on the big screen made it look better for some reason, but anyways. I CANNOT wait to see it and I think it will be pretty successful. I still bet Toy Story 3 will win the best animated oscar though :)

Personally I think the movie is gonna be awesome.. just from looking at the trailer it looks very stylish and just downright cool. Even though I have high expectations, I also have no doubts, I think we'll see Disney put a colorful and heartfelt twist on the Rapunzel story.:thumbsup2

Thanks for positing the links to the trailer for Tangled. I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie in November. It looks like it will be another good movie by Disney.

Michele

Sorry for being a bit late folks. I've updated the list of links with some more videos that have surfaced over the last few weeks. :)

i saw a clip of it on the disney channel with Flynn tied up by her hair and he does his "smolder" face OMG i was cracking up :rotfl2: :happytv: and the little iguana was so adorably funny! that was the moment when i said "i HAVE to see this movie the day it comes out" :yay:

I hate to say it... but nothing about this makes me want to see it. I smelling a flop here, from the last-minute rebranding to the very so-so trailer.

I am eagerly waiting for this movie to come out. But I have to wait a long for this movie It will come out in Nov..:cool1:

Hm.....I have to say that the trailer is definitely different than I expected. I'm definitely a traditionalist, and I felt it was a red flag when the preview said she was "Grounded! Like, forever!" That language and then the clothes the characters were wearing just didn't mesh with me. But I'm still looking forward to seeing it. Just not holding it to high expectations. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter