Tangled show to replace Beauty and the Beast

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by pascalstongue, Sep 26, 2012.

1. pascalstongue

pascalstongue DIS Veteran

At DHS. Is this true?? If so does anyone know when the new show will start?

My DD and I love Rapunzel.:love:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. wm49rs

wm49rs Earning My Ears

I've read rumors of both BatB and the VotLM show will be leaving soon. The first for Tangled, the second for a rumored Phineas and Ferb show. But I haven't read any firm timetable for either change....

4. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

Even though it'll be difficult to say goodbye to Beauty & the Beast and The Little Mermaid, I think it's definitely time for a change and this would be a welcome one.

I loved the old Hunchback Show at DHS. I didn't think it was kept around long enough. B & B has been around forever. It's time.

5. natasha423

natasha423 Earning My Ears

I would be so sad to see beauty and the Beast go, it's my favorite show & every time I see it I cry. If its true I must go see it one last time. Any word as to when it would go??

6. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

The theory is once beautyT and the Beast opens in Fantasyland they will explore the option of putting in tangled . To be honest of all the rumors out there this certainly makes the most sense. I would definitely like to see it

7. PrincessAlways

PrincessAlways DIS Veteran

I loved the Hunchback show too! Thought they took it away too soon.

Yes something new would be good & this does make sense. I did love the Tangled movie! :)

8. mjaclyn

mjaclyn Currently in Wonderland

I've always liked the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS but I agree it's time for something new. I think Tangled would be a great addition! I also wouldn't mind something else replacing Voyage of the Little Mermaid. I always thought the show was way too choppy.

9. MJMcBride

Mermaid was meant to be temporary. It's now been 25 + years. Plus the NEMO puppets are much more advanced.

So yeah it's time for something new I think

10. Bonniec

Bonniec DIS Veteran

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie with Tangled being second. So that wouldn't upset me at all. I think Tangled would be great!

11. Icecoldpenguin

Icecoldpenguin May the Force Be With You

The B&TB show is sub par to me. I have seen it once and the acting stands for improvement. I would welcome something else. I also would not be said to lose the Little Mermaid show. Disney has so much content they could use for attractions you would think they could find something to replace it with.

12. Disneyfreak44

Disneyfreak44 Mouseketeer

Ya I have seen the Little Mermaid show so much I think it would be nice to see a new show there or at least give it a big update.

13. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

I've seen VotLM the past 2 times I've been and I don't know why I bother with it. I always walk out irked and kind of betrayed.

14. GreenCntryGirl

GreenCntryGirl The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

The Hunchback show tied with Festival of the Lion King for me.

Another one I liked that they took away was the Jungle Book show at AK. Tarzan Rocks didn't interest me at all and I've yet to see Nemo.

15. RyMacJ

RyMacJ DIS Veteran

I really hope they don't take out VotLM before May. :( I agree it probably needs to be updated, but my girls have never seen it and I would like them to. I would be happy about Tangled, though. Rapunzel is DD4's favorite and Ariel is DD3's favorite. So hopefully at least one of them will be happy :)

16. patsal

patsal <font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to

Both shows are hollow shells of what they began as. I will not miss either one in the too abridged form they give us now.

17. ADisneyQueen

ADisneyQueen DIS Veteran

My dd11 will be so mad if the take away VOTLM before June. Last summer we went to the next to the last showing of the night and after 5 min. were told we all had to leave the theater. I've never seen CMs exit people so quickly! We later found out the show sign had caught on fire outside the theater and the whole area was evacuated. Anyway, that was our only day at DHS and we did not have park hoppers so I promised her we would see it next time!

18. DisneyDan73

DisneyDan73 Earning My Ears

It's been at least a couple of years now but I'd heard a rumor that some type of phineas and ferb attraction was replacing Sounds Dangerous. That needs to go away long before b&b or VoLM if you ask me.

19. flyergrad09

flyergrad09 Future Monorail Driver

I agree! At least BatB and VotLM still get decent crowds. My biggest issue with VotLM is that the quality of the film portions of the show is so poor, especially today when we're used to seeing things in HD. If they would update the film (and maybe replace the seats in the theater), I would be happy with it sticking around.

20. MJMcBride

The mermaid show was not meant to be permanent.

21. TexasErin

TexasErin Loves old Pluto cartoons

OT, but MJMcBride is that your website in your sig? I just visited it and it is really well-done! Awesome website!:goodvibes