Tangled at Disney Store & coupon

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by shannon006, Mar 8, 2011.

1. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

So I think I may have shorted myself $10. Today I preordered Tangled at the Disney Store and received the lithos and $10 off anything or $20 off $40 coupon. Should I have waited till the $10 coupon came out and then ordered it? I always buy my blu rays at Target using the $10 off coupon and was just thinking that Disney Store wouldn't accept coupons.

2. chrissyt27

chrissyt27 DIS Veteran

I bought it there as well because I wanted the lithographs. I asked if they took the coupons and they said that they did. I was thinking I was paying when I went to pick up like at Toys R US. and he said they do take them and I could just return the movie and use the coupon if they came out with it.

I am not sure I will bother. I did get the lithographs and that $10 coupon is like getting $10 free since itÂ’s just 10 off 10.

3. lilys.mom

lilys.mom DIS Veteran

Should I preorder this movie from somewhere? it will be a must have for us! and just wondering if I should preorder or be at Target or somewhere first thing they put them out in the morning........we dont want to miss this movie!

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

I don't think it is necessary to preorder for fear of them running out. I preordered to get the lithographs and the Disney store coupon.

6. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

have you all seen the lithographs ? if so, how are they ? I was debating getting this deal, but we don't have a Disney store so it would have to be online..... this DVD is also a MUST for our house !! :lovestruc

but the $20 off a $40 purchase should be easy enough......that's a great deal. I might have to start Christmas shopping !:scared1:

quick question......on Disney's Facebook page, it says that tomorrow ( 03-09-2011) "Your Disney Parks Order Ships for Free : Use Promo Code CASTLE". if I pre-order Tangled and add a Disney Parks item, will the pre-order ship free ? Just wondering how that would work.....

7. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Wow, my Disney Store said that they won't take the $10 coupon for pre-orders, only once it's released. So, you should make sure they will take it for the pre-orders.

8. stich1fan

stich1fan Mouseketeer

I don't see how you could use the $10 coupon to preorder, because you only get it after you preorder and pay? It is not valid till 3/29 when the movie comes out. It is so worth it to preorder because you get the $10 off and if you spend $40 the coupon doubles to $20 off a $40 order. That is great!

Wondering if the OP is thinking about the movie club $10 off or the $10 off for pre ordering.....

9. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Hmm, I thought the coupon is good for the week before and up to a week after it's released. I'd better go see :)

10. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Is there a way to get the lithos from Disney store online? I looked and didn't see anything.

11. Suz725

Suz725 Mouseketeer

I preordered through the Disney Store because of the $20 off $40 coupon. I need a Cinderella costume for my DD so that coupon makes it worth it

12. sydneysmom

Yes !! I just ordered the BluRay / DVD combo with the lithographs and a coupon for $20 off a $40 purchase. here's the link

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-s...mp/1280398/1000316/?Nr=pPublished:1&D=tangled

Also, if you order a Disney Parks item today ( 3-9-2011) and use the code CASTLE, everything ships for free!! I found Toy Story 3 silly bands for my DD's Easter basket....only $ 3.99 ! so both Tangled and the silly bands are shipping free!!! I'm SOOOO excited for this !!!! :banana:

13. nunzia

Thanks! So this offer only good on the blu-ray dvd combo pack?

14. sydneysmom

Yes, it only came up w/ that combo. ( you can also buy the reg. DVD or the 3-D combo pack but you don't get the lithographs)

15. nunzia

Ordered this even though I don't have a BluRay, but heck..maybe one day we will. The lithos looks very nice and I got a Mickey cookie cutter for that free shipping. Maybe I can use the coupon and get Tron for free :)

16. LuvSulley

LuvSulley Mouseketeer

Does the $20 off $40 have any restrictions? I would do the pre-order if it means I can use the coupon on vinylmation or pins.

17. DisneyLover83

DisneyLover83 DIS Veteran

I pre ordered Tangled from the Disney Store online and have not recieved my $20 off $40 code and was wondering if anyone had? I though it said the code was going to be good starting today.

18. disneyluvrsX5

disneyluvrsX5 Earning My Ears

I got my DVD today and got the lithographs, but no coupon for 20 off 40. Boo! That was one of the reasons I ordered.

19. jeanneg4of4

jeanneg4of4 Mouseketeer

I wanted to pipe in and say that i also recieveed my Blue ray DVD comb without my coupon. Whats up!

20. DisneyLover83

DisneyLover83 DIS Veteran

I emailed Disneystore.com customer service this evening. I will report back when/if I hear from them.

21. eeyorefann

eeyorefann Earning My Ears

I emailed them this evening also about not getting a coupon. Hopefully they will let us know what is going on.:mad:

I did go back through my emails and found the wording: (just in case someone needed it) Limit one Online Gift Card per Guest. One-Time-Use Promotional Code will be sent to the email address provided at checkout.