Tangled at Disney Store & coupon

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by shannon006, Mar 8, 2011.

1. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

So I think I may have shorted myself $10. Today I preordered Tangled at the Disney Store and received the lithos and $10 off anything or $20 off $40 coupon. Should I have waited till the $10 coupon came out and then ordered it? I always buy my blu rays at Target using the $10 off coupon and was just thinking that Disney Store wouldn't accept coupons.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chrissyt27

chrissyt27 DIS Veteran

I bought it there as well because I wanted the lithographs. I asked if they took the coupons and they said that they did. I was thinking I was paying when I went to pick up like at Toys R US. and he said they do take them and I could just return the movie and use the coupon if they came out with it.

I am not sure I will bother. I did get the lithographs and that $10 coupon is like getting $10 free since itÂ’s just 10 off 10.

4. lilys.mom

lilys.mom DIS Veteran

Should I preorder this movie from somewhere? it will be a must have for us! and just wondering if I should preorder or be at Target or somewhere first thing they put them out in the morning........we dont want to miss this movie!

5. shannon006

shannon006 DIS Veteran

I don't think it is necessary to preorder for fear of them running out. I preordered to get the lithographs and the Disney store coupon.

6. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

have you all seen the lithographs ? if so, how are they ? I was debating getting this deal, but we don't have a Disney store so it would have to be online..... this DVD is also a MUST for our house !! :lovestruc

but the $20 off a $40 purchase should be easy enough......that's a great deal. I might have to start Christmas shopping !:scared1:

quick question......on Disney's Facebook page, it says that tomorrow ( 03-09-2011) "Your Disney Parks Order Ships for Free : Use Promo Code CASTLE". if I pre-order Tangled and add a Disney Parks item, will the pre-order ship free ? Just wondering how that would work.....

7. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Wow, my Disney Store said that they won't take the $10 coupon for pre-orders, only once it's released. So, you should make sure they will take it for the pre-orders.

8. stich1fan

stich1fan DIS Veteran

I don't see how you could use the $10 coupon to preorder, because you only get it after you preorder and pay? It is not valid till 3/29 when the movie comes out. It is so worth it to preorder because you get the $10 off and if you spend $40 the coupon doubles to $20 off a $40 order. That is great!

Wondering if the OP is thinking about the movie club $10 off or the $10 off for pre ordering.....

9. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

Hmm, I thought the coupon is good for the week before and up to a week after it's released. I'd better go see :)

10. nunzia

nunzia You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys

Is there a way to get the lithos from Disney store online? I looked and didn't see anything.

11. Suz725

Suz725 Mouseketeer

I preordered through the Disney Store because of the $20 off $40 coupon. I need a Cinderella costume for my DD so that coupon makes it worth it

12. sydneysmom

Yes !! I just ordered the BluRay / DVD combo with the lithographs and a coupon for $20 off a $40 purchase. here's the link

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-s...mp/1280398/1000316/?Nr=pPublished:1&D=tangled

Also, if you order a Disney Parks item today ( 3-9-2011) and use the code CASTLE, everything ships for free!! I found Toy Story 3 silly bands for my DD's Easter basket....only $ 3.99 ! so both Tangled and the silly bands are shipping free!!! I'm SOOOO excited for this !!!! :banana:

13. nunzia

Thanks! So this offer only good on the blu-ray dvd combo pack?

14. sydneysmom

Yes, it only came up w/ that combo. ( you can also buy the reg. DVD or the 3-D combo pack but you don't get the lithographs)

15. nunzia

Ordered this even though I don't have a BluRay, but heck..maybe one day we will. The lithos looks very nice and I got a Mickey cookie cutter for that free shipping. Maybe I can use the coupon and get Tron for free :)

16. LuvSulley

LuvSulley Mouseketeer

Does the $20 off $40 have any restrictions? I would do the pre-order if it means I can use the coupon on vinylmation or pins.

17. DisneyLover83

DisneyLover83 DIS Veteran

I pre ordered Tangled from the Disney Store online and have not recieved my $20 off $40 code and was wondering if anyone had? I though it said the code was going to be good starting today.

18. disneyluvrsX5

disneyluvrsX5 Earning My Ears

I got my DVD today and got the lithographs, but no coupon for 20 off 40. Boo! That was one of the reasons I ordered.

19. jeanneg4of4

jeanneg4of4 Mouseketeer

I wanted to pipe in and say that i also recieveed my Blue ray DVD comb without my coupon. Whats up!

20. DisneyLover83

DisneyLover83 DIS Veteran

I emailed Disneystore.com customer service this evening. I will report back when/if I hear from them.

21. eeyorefann

eeyorefann Earning My Ears

I emailed them this evening also about not getting a coupon. Hopefully they will let us know what is going on.:mad:

I did go back through my emails and found the wording: (just in case someone needed it) Limit one Online Gift Card per Guest. One-Time-Use Promotional Code will be sent to the email address provided at checkout.