• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tamu Tamu Courtyard

Princess Cinders

Earning My Ears
In Passporters Wedding Guide it states that you can have one of the last rides on the safari followed by a buffet for $67 dollars per person, I was wondering if this was only available for wishes brides or could it be an option for escape brides also?
If it is not an option are there are others for escape brides in Animal Kingdom?

I believe this is a magical gatherings type of event and doesn't have to be a wedding event. So you should be able to do this no matter what kind of bride you are. I had looked a bit into this option also. If you go on disneys website under magical gatherings it gives some info. I am just not sure if you can arrange this for only your group or if other groups have to be involved. Let me know if you find out any thing more.:):)

Yes - as mhl1414 said, this is available to anyone and can be booked through Disney's Catering & Convention Services team. Unlike a Magical Gathering, though, it is exclusive to your group - you don't have to share the event with a bunch of other large groups.

A recent Shades of Green bride did this with her party as the reception - the only restriction was that she couldn't wear a bridal gown. I'll see if I can find the post where she described it...

thanks for your help ladies, I love tamu tamu and will definately be considering this as an option for our reception. Just another question inregards to the no wedding dress, would this include not being able to wear white at all, I.e could I change my dress to maybe a White evening dress or would it have to look completly non weddingy x

just an insider tip: I wouldn't suggest riding one of the last safaris- most of the animals disappear about 30 min to an hour before the last safari (not all of them but a good majority of them do like giraffes, elephants, rhinos, lions...etc...). It can't be controlled they just go to the "gates" and wait to be let in... so from an animal sightseeing perspective, I wouldn't suggest it, but if you can somehow get it earlier, I would definitely do it if I were you :goodvibes

also you can wear a white sundress or something like that just not a dress that is obviously a wedding a dress :thumbsup2

I would still ask DFTW if you can have a reception at Tamu Tamu as an Escape bride - you never know with the Escape minimums now but it would be more than $69 per person and I am sure your would need to fund transportation should you be allowed or if the rules have changed or been relaxed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter