Talk to me about Flower and Garden Festival...

ajwolfe

DIS Veteran
So I'm seeing that the dates have been extended and now we will be there during Flower and Garden Festival next year. Seems like last time we came in during May we were still able to see some of the topiaries but none of the activities were still going on. So I'm curious how much extra time should I plan for this? How much will we eat at the outdoor kitchens potentially? Like should I not plan a meal during the time we are there because there will be so much to snack on or no? My 180 days is tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out if my ADR plan and tentative schedule is going to work or if I need to redo something.

Thanks!!!

Have you been to Food & Wine? In terms of food and drinks, it's like a mini version of that. I think you could definitely fill up on snacks.

No, we haven't. Although we would love to if it would ever fit in our schedules.

You can fill up on eats at the food and garden festival. The event is similar to food and wine. There are concerts, food booths, also garden and agriculture demonstrations. My thoughts - do a breakfast that day. You can't get into world showcase until 11am anyway. So you'll be there for lunch and dinner. If you don't fill up on snack sized portions, then hit a quick service.

Will be at WDW for the first weekend of the '16 F&G (3/5-7); have a few questions:

--Any idea when the concert acts will be announced?
--Do they offer a package for dinner & reserved concert seating? If so, when do they announce those?
--Is the first weekend really crowded?

Thanks so much!

Are the concerts/food demos usually worth planning time in for?
The demos look interesting, but we've never watched one. I think they do things related to food as well as to gardening.

The concerts depend on if you like the artist or band playing. They only do concerts on the weekends, unlike Food & Wine.

I feel like it should be noted that all the flowers and gardens make Epcot look so beautiful and are awesome to see! The topiaries are fun too.

We were there 3 years ago, thought it was cool with extra nice scenery to walk around and Wonders of Life building opened up. It didn't seem like F&W, although I don't think we've gone during F&W (going by descriptions posted here for comparison)

I love F&G festival, as others have said it is sort of a mini F&W. I don't remember any food demos, the festival center has gardening and flower type demos and of course all sorts of gardening type things you can buy. There aren't as many food booths as F&W and, again from what I can remember, there aren't that many additional countries represented as there are at F&W. The emphasis is on the garden so there are little gardens that aren't normally there set up all around Epcot WS. Booths for buying garden related items are set up around WS. Less emphasis on alcohol than at F&W although booths do offer wine and beer. I'm usually there for 4 or 5 days and am not able to make all my meals there, I am during F&W, but like I said, I don't think there are as many booths during F&G. Here is last year's Disney Food Blog's post about it. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-...tival-outdoor-kitchens-menus-and-food-photos/

We were at F&G this year. We spent two days at Epcot this year. We slept in both days then arrived at Epcot around lunch. We did half of the food booths on one day and the other half the second day. We loved the food booths. We've never made it to F&W, so we really enjoyed this option at F&G. DH and I would split one food item from each booth and tried a few drinks as well. The lines at the food booths were almost nonexistent, and we were there Easter week. We also spent a lot of time walking around enjoying the displays, and the kids had fun at the two playgrounds.

We went this year (2015) and there was plenty of food. We are going again this coming year and for us personally we've decided to make zero ADRs. I'm not saying that's for everyone but we really love the festival and trying new foods! Here's our food and beverage reviews from this year's Flower and Garden!

I've been at F&G the last several years, just because it seems the best time to go for us.

I always think I'm going to eat at the food booths way more than I actually do. When the time comes, standing in line (even short lines) several times for a couple bites of food loses its appeal. I also travel with a younger child though so it may be easier with someone more...patient.

I don't know who you're traveling with, but there are usually a couple playgrounds set up for F&G so we leave extra time to play on those. There's also a butterfly house. We do usually do a quick swing around the old Wonders of Live pavilion to see what they have there (nice bathrooms) but have never stayed to watch anything. Also, all concerts on the days I've been there have just been walk up and sit for awhile and then leave when you want (so uncrowded) but I guess there are acts that are busier.

We went this year (2015) and there was plenty of food. We are going again this coming year and for us personally we've decided to make zero ADRs. I'm not saying that's for everyone but we really love the festival and trying new foods! Here's our food and beverage reviews from this year's Flower and Garden!

I had to stop watching this while eating lunch at work - my WW Smart Ones meal tasted even worse watching you guys enjoy some of the samplings! I look forward to checking this out when we return from our Thanksgiving holiday:)

We were at F&G this year. We spent two days at Epcot this year. We slept in both days then arrived at Epcot around lunch. We did half of the food booths on one day and the other half the second day. We loved the food booths. We've never made it to F&W, so we really enjoyed this option at F&G. DH and I would split one food item from each booth and tried a few drinks as well. The lines at the food booths were almost nonexistent, and we were there Easter week. We also spent a lot of time walking around enjoying the displays, and the kids had fun at the two playgrounds.

Smart idea and I like to divide WS into two days.

We've done both, and F&G is by far my favorite! The food is just as good, EPCOT looks gorgeous, and the special merchandise is awesome. We definitely found plenty to eat at the booths, but we are small eaters, and don't do big sit down meals. Have a frozen violet lemonade for me!

It's beautiful and fun! We were there In may. Don't care for the concerts (like for the food and wine). Take the monorail, aerial view is breath taking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter