Tales of the Amazing Expandable Stomach: Complete!

Eating at Boatwright's had not been the plan for dinner, but after a very filling breakfast at Kona, we realized there was no way we would be ready to eat again at the WCC for a late lunch as planned.

We were going to eat at Boatwrights later in the trip, but easily walked into the restaurant for dinner that evening. (We canceled the ressie for later in the trip)

Let me just tell you that this restaurant is Aaaaa-mazing! Everything was crazy delicious, and unexpectedly so. Honestly, this was my second favorite meal of the entire trip. :love:

The meal started with the best cornbread on the planet: so warm and soft - perfect in every way. :cloud9: Yeah, we had to have our basket refilled. (I'm telling you - amazing expandable stomach)
100_0510.jpg

100_0512.jpg

Ummm....we're gonna need some more butter...

For my entree I chose the Steak Medallions with Mac and Cheese and Crawfish Beignet

100_0514.jpg

Now I'm not really a big meat eater, but this steak was delicious. It was cooked medium well and was really melt in your mouth flavorful. The crawfish beignet was good too and the asparagus was buttery and yummy.The star of this dish though was the mac and cheese. Oh my goodness.... my mouth is watering just thinking about it. It was so cheesy and tasty and just darn good. (At this point i was regretting all the corn bread) Definitely a lick-your-plate-clean dish!

T had the Jambalaya

100_0513.jpg

She pretty much loved everything about this dish. It was mildly spicy with large succulent shrimp and spicy sweet sausage. She said she get it again in a heartbeat.

We were on the dining plan so dessert was gonna happen (blast you corn bread)

100_0518.jpg

This creme brule was light and delicious. I generally enjoy this dessert and I'd say it was on par with most you will find at the world. (Though there is one I had later in the trip that pales all others in comparison). Still, this is a good option.

T had the banana's foster on angel food cake. I think it came with ice cream, but she asked to keep that off the dish. She really enjoyed this dessert.

100_0516.jpg

So, Boatwright's was a huge success. If you are in the area Give it a Try!!! You won't regret it.:thumbsup2

Wow - your food at Boatwright's looks fantastic!!! I think I would love all of the foods that you two ate there. Why has this never been on my radar? Mmm....corn bread and butter....

We've stayed at POR several times and I've always said that Boatwrights is one of the most underrated restaurants on property. :-)

OK, now you've got me hooked with that teaser about the best creme brulee later in the trippopcorn::

We stay at Riverside a lot and the CS is really good. We also like the FQ food. The beignets...Oh so good. We ate at Boatwright for the first time in a long time and really enjoyed it. I didn't like the bananas foster tho. Just my taste I guess. Looking forward more! Thanks! I know these reports are not as easy as they look! :yay:

Wow - your food at Boatwright's looks fantastic!!! I think I would love all of the foods that you two ate there. Why has this never been on my radar? Mmm....corn bread and butter....
It was really good. You should try it!

We've stayed at POR several times and I've always said that Boatwrights is one of the most underrated restaurants on property. :-)
I think it is now a must do for me :thumbsup2

OK, now you've got me hooked with that teaser about the best creme brulee later in the trippopcorn::
Just wait....it was sooo good. I wish I had it right now :cloud9:

We stay at Riverside a lot and the CS is really good. We also like the FQ food. The beignets...Oh so good. We ate at Boatwright for the first time in a long time and really enjoyed it. I didn't like the bananas foster tho. Just my taste I guess. Looking forward more! Thanks! I know these reports are not as easy as they look! :yay:

Thanks for joining in!:goodvibes

I absolutely love the food and wine festival. All the booths smell so good when you walk past them but there is never enough time and tummy room to sample everything that you want to try. EPCOT is my favorite park and it was a beautiful day.

100_0539.jpg

We were prepared :laughing:

First stop was Greece. Griddled Cheese with pistachios and honey
100_0528.jpg

This was pretty tasty.

Canada- Chicken Sausage with corn polenta
100_0530.jpg

The corn polenta is the best part of this. T loves the sausage. It's spicy.

Belgium is one of our favorite booths, mainly for the Godiva iced coffee. It is soooo good.

Belgium waffle with berries
100_0538.jpg

The waffle was deliciously warm and soft. Some of the berries were a little too bitter for my taste though.

Lobster Roll from Hops and Barley
100_0546.jpg

This was just OK. The seasoning on this was way too strong for me, and the roll was buttered, but just tasted greasy.

From the Florida booth: Shrimp Ceviche
100_0544.jpg

Wow, this was great! Slightly spicy with fresh chunky tomato and juicy shrimp. Yum!

Grand Marnier Slush
100_0551.jpg

Vegan Chile
100_0548.jpg

This tasted like the real deal. It was really flavorful, and the fried chips were a great accompaniment

Kahlua Pork Slider
100_0549.jpg

This was my absolute favorite F&W pick. The pulled pork was deliciously pared with spicy mayo and pineapple. Amazing.

A trip around the World Showcase isn't complete without a mickey pretzel
100_0547.jpg

Next up: Raglan Road

All the food looks so yummy!! I can't wait til our trip next year. We are definitely going to try Boatwrights:thumbsup2

All the food looks so yummy!! I can't wait til our trip next year. We are definitely going to try Boatwrights:thumbsup2

Yay! Aside from the yummy food, it is such a different experience than the other restraraunts...so relaxing and quiet.

Raglan Road is my favorite downtown Disney restaurant. The atmosphere is fun! We got to see an Irish dancer perform as well as a band and it made for a fully enjoyable experience.

Bread Service
IMAG0830.jpg

I had the Burger R Way with chips.
IMAG0831.jpg

Best burger of the trip! It was so juicy and flavorful and the chutney and Dubliner cheddar… sooo good. The chips were piping hot and delish.

T had the Fried fish and chips and really enjoyed it as well.
IMAG0832.jpg

The fish was flaky and of good quality. She loved it.

I had Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding on my first trip to the World, and thought it was the best dessert ever.
IMAG0834.jpg

I think over the years I’d build it up in my mind. Though still good, it just wasn’t as amazing as I remembered. The butterscotch drizzle was my favorite. Pour it on liberally people :thumbsup2

Dunbrody’s Kiss.
IMAG0833.jpg

I snagged a bite of this. It is a rich decadent dark chocolate mousse. T loved it as would any chocolate lover. I would get it again for sure.

Raglan Road is a great option if your looking for a fun meal in downtown disney.

Next: Ohana Character Breakfast

subscribing! We are staying at POR and we weren't planning on eating at boatwrights, but that cornbread looks GOOD! Yum!!!!! And the Pasta at the QS place at POR looks good too!

This was our first Character meal ever and we didn’t really know what to expect. Honestly we love breakfast (especially the mickey waffles) and that’s why we made this ressie. We’d never waited to meet a character in the parks before so we weren’t sure what to expect with the interaction. You know… like, yeah I’m eating eggs, and you’re waving at me in a suit, but that’s cool. :laughing:

Anyway, it was a cute experience. The characters were unassuming and were great at reading the wishes of guests. A simple wave and they were on to the next table. Though I did get a picture with stitch (I think he licked me ;) ) it was fun and we’d do it again. The parade with the kiddos was especially cute.

100_0568.jpg

The breakfast platter was very satisfying. The eggs and the mickey waffles were the best. I also loved the biscuit and the breakfast potatoes were really good.

100_0569.jpg

The fruit platter was amazing. So fresh and delicious.
100_0567.jpg

Mmmmm....the pineapple

Cinnamon bread.
100_0564.jpg

Soft, sweet, and warm

Next: Cosmic Ray's and MNSSHP

I love your reviews so far and can't wait to read the rest! We have an ADR for Raglan Road in April and your pictures are getting me so excited!

We love Boatwright's and Raglan Road too and Riverside Mill at POR is probably one of the best counter service locations on property. Love the make-your-own pasta! :thumbsup2

Great reviews, looking forward to more! popcorn::

Joining late for your great reviews! I agree with you about the kona cafe macadamia nut pancakes... as much as I love them, the nuts get to be a bit overpowering after several bites. I now order them plain and ask for the macadamia nut butter and pineapple on the side.

Glad to see you enjoyed 'Ohana breakfast - even with people waving to you in costumes!

Ohana breakfast looks really good. That cinnamon bread WOW. Looks delicious! We also love Raglan Road!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you are all having a blessed day filled with family, good friends, and good food!
party:

Great reviews so far....I love POR...one of my favorites Mods.

Jill in CO

I love your reviews so far and can't wait to read the rest! We have an ADR for Raglan Road in April and your pictures are getting me so excited!
Thank you! I'm sure you will love it :)

We love Boatwright's and Raglan Road too and Riverside Mill at POR is probably one of the best counter service locations on property. Love the make-your-own pasta! :thumbsup2
I agree, and the pasta may be the best meal!
Great reviews, looking forward to more! popcorn::
Thank you! :goodvibes

Joining late for your great reviews! I agree with you about the kona cafe macadamia nut pancakes... as much as I love them, the nuts get to be a bit overpowering after several bites. I now order them plain and ask for the macadamia nut butter and pineapple on the side.

Glad to see you enjoyed 'Ohana breakfast - even with people waving to you in costumes!

Ohhhhh...good idea! I may have to order the pancakes that way next time- they were pretty darn good. I'm glad we survived O'hana too ;)

Ohana breakfast looks really good. That cinnamon bread WOW. Looks delicious! We also love Raglan Road!
We may have eaten it all :laughing: I think Raglan made it into the 'must do' list for us.

After getting all costumed up and getting our wrist bands at the MK for the Halloween Party, we stopped for dinner at Cosmic Ray’s.

This was our first time eating here. Usually we go to Pecos but wanted to try something new. It was pretty busy in there but we easily found a seat after getting food.

I had the turkey sandwich and fries.
IMAG0848.jpg

Sometimes you just feel like a sandwich, and this hit the spot. The turkey meat was fresh and the bread was hearty. Again though with the cucumbers on a sandwich (not for me). Once removed, I enjoyed the meal.

T had chicken nuggets.
IMAG0849.jpg

I picked the chocolate gelato for dessert
IMAG0851.jpg

This surprised me; I really liked it. Very Chocolaty…and a lot better than those fake little cakes in a cup. :thumbsup2

T got one of the child desserts, a brownie I think, but I didn't get a pic. It's pre-packaged.
We enjoyed our dinner and would easily go back to Cosmic Rays. I must admit though, I missed Pecos Bills. :upsidedow

We really enjoyed MNSSHP. We actually waited in line for a pic with Jack Sparrow, and got tons of candy.
100_0578.jpg

This is just one bag :hyper:

They were also previewing New Fantasyland that night. That was pretty exciting. The Little Mermaid ride is super cute, Gaston's pub is amazingly detailed, and the beast's castle...whoa...the theming inside is very cool. :lovestruc Can't wait to see everything in its full splendor!

Up next: Mexico

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter