Taking my Uncle to Orlando, what vacation home?

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
I have rented vacation homes several times in Orlando and would like reviews on some that you all have stayed at. I'm taking my uncle with me to Orlando for the July 4th weekend, he's a sweet 63yo man who is developmentally challenged and has a problem differentiating fantasy from reality. In other words he still believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Mickey Mouse!!

We should ALL live like he does! :teeth:

The last time we were down my son said over and over Uncle Brad would LOVE this! I did some convincing, he agreed to it and he is so looking forward to it. I thought a vacation home would be just the one thing he has never been to so it'll be a special vacation!

What I'm looking for is a 3 bedroom pool home around (not necessarily IN) the Windsor Palms area, like Lindfields, Formosa Gardens and Rolling Hills area. I'm very familiar with that area and prefer it.

Has anyone stayed in a home they REALLY liked?

Thanks!!!

Robinrs

Hi Robinrs,

Good for you, sounds like a wonderful time for you and Uncle. I can almost see him getting his picture with Mickey.

We stayed 3 months this year in Indian Ridge. It is just past Wyndam Palms, on Old Lake Wilson...our home was very nice, but we met a woman from Wisconsin who showed us their home and it was really nice. It is on a large lot in a culdisac. The area is about 50/50 rental vs. owner occupied and there are some kids around going to school and some very nice families. It is a great location to get to Disney via Entry Point Rd to Sherberth.

http://www.myflrental.com/wst_page3.html

Whatever you choose, I wish you the very best...

Ted

Wow, Grandpa Ted!

Just as I fell in LOVE with those properties I checked and they're not available for my dates!! :sad: Waaaaaah!!

Really nice, I'll definitely keep them in mind for another trip!

Darn...good luck...lots of other nice places around...might try google Indian Ridge or Indian Ridge Oaks right next door...all the best...Ted

Darn!!

...good luck...lots of other nice places around...might try google Indian Ridge or Indian Ridge Oaks right next door...all the best...Ted

I don't know if its available for your date, but we're staying at Lindfields 3 BR Villa. Not quite 1,800 sq.ft., 2 baths, private pool - looks very nice. We dealt with the owners directly for our booking and their contact info is on the website.

Good luck.

Good morning!

We have stayed in that area a few times and loved it. Last May we stayed in a 6BR/4 BA in Oak Island Cove for $200 a night. It was fabulous! Quiet, no traffic, about a 10 minute drive to Disney. I know that the homes in Formosa Gardens Estates are more pricey but they have more space between the properties. Friends are staying in a 3BR townhouse at Windsor Palms in a few weeks that looks great. There are several rental companies that handle that area as well as the owner websites. We were able to take a virtual tour of the homes before we made any decisions. If you need specific websites, let me know and I'll email them.

Good luck!

Hi Robin,

The areas you are interested in are great. We actually just got back from Florida a few weeks ago and stayed in a community called the Manor at West Haven. We loved it! All the homes are brand new and furnished very nicely. The house we were in even had a games room and spa! The reason I am suggesting this as an alternate is because we have stayed in Indian Creek and Windsor Palms in the past. We recently drove past and found that there is a lot of construction in the area. When we asked some locals about it, they said that there is a highway going through there! We were so disappointed! In any event, if you would like more information on the villa we stayed in, PM me.

Jackie

Hi Jackie.

The construction was likely the final phase of the Western Beltway. The last phase connects I4 with W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. Unfortunately it runs right through Indian Creek and then north to WIBMH. On the upside, it provides (I believe) additional access to WDW and MK from the west.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter