Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Yay!! So excited for you!!! I really think we miss out on something in Canada not being able to have them mailed to us...sigh. It would really add to the excitement! Can't wait to live through your trip vicariously :))

Yay!! So excited for you!!! I really think we miss out on something in Canada not being able to have them mailed to us...sigh. It would really add to the excitement! Can't wait to live through your trip vicariously :))
There is definatly something exciting about getting them. And for me it turned out to be a VERY good thing.... As you will see in my next updates about them.

Do you find them in their poop? I have on MULTIPLE OCCASIONS!

LOL yes I have, as well as other things like a bead! Kids are so strange sometimes! I just wonder why they thinking eating a sticker would be a good idea LOL. I have found DS who is 1 chewing on something the other day, I asked him to spit it out, it was a piece of a puzzle that he had chewed to a pulp! :confused3

Getting Crafty- The New Magicbands

20150413_094156_zps5olospaz.jpg

So after getting my Magicbands this weekend I wasted little time in sitting down to decorate them. DH was boring with this one and
doesn't want it decorated. :confused3 Again for both my new one and the one for Little Miss I ordered decals from Myfantasybands.com.

20150413_094217_zpscan8hwfk.jpg

I can now attest that the decals really are durable and removable. You see, it
didn't take me long after getting the decal on to realize that I HATED the yellow. And after some consideration I decided to go ahead and take off the decals and paint over the yellow and go a different direction. Instead, I painted the whole thing black and then found that the decals were still able to go back on. I then painted the mickey heads with glow in the dark paint and a clear glitter paint over that. I then finished the whole thing by sealing it with acrylic sealer. I really love how this one came out. In the end it came together really well.

20150413_094202_zpsepekzb5g.jpg

Little Miss’s band was a tad different. DH helped out by using an exacto knife and cutting away the grey part and smoothing out the edges so they
wouldn't be rough. After adding her decal I added another round of glow in the dark and glitter paint. I am skipping the sealer because her band is too small to work with it on and she really doesn't need it.

We've got quite the collect of bands now. I know I am happy with the way mine have worked out and I had to put them out of Little Miss's reach to keep her from taking them to wear. I've got a whole section in my closet of clothes ready to be packed. Plans are now mostly final (Though I feel paranoid that Disney is going to change something about our schedule at the last minute.:scratchin)

Those bands look amazing!! Again, I'm so impressed by anyone who is crafty lol. What kind of paint did you use to paint on them? And weren't you worried that they wouldn't work if you put anything over the "mickey" part? Don't mind me...ignorant here :)) I'm sure you know what you are doing lol

Last week I came home from my root canal to our Mickey Mail and the coupons and stuff for our package. And today Our MagicBands arrived!
Well, that's quite the range of excitement in the course of a day. Going from something pretty awful to something as exciting as Magic Bands!!! :rotfl2:

Instead these things (which for some reason I wasn’t expecting for another few weeks) sneaking up on me has really built my excitement back up and given me a peace about the whole issue.
It seems like they arrived at the perfect time for you! I'm glad that it is helping re-ignite the excitement about the trip! :thumbsup2

And I didn't see the other post until after I posted this one...

The modified bands look great. I like the idea for the glow in the dark paint. That might look cool in some of the dark rides!

Those bands look amazing!! Again, I'm so impressed by anyone who is crafty lol.
:thanks: It really isn't that hard. You could so do this if you wanted to.

What kind of paint did you use to paint on them?
Some have been using nail polish but I have been using acrylic with acrylic sealer over top. Just be sure to keep the magicbands in a well ventilated area while the sealer dries. Its got quite the smell to it! :rotfl:As for the decals they really are just stickers that you put on and then heat up with a hair dryer for a few minutes. Quite foolproof.

And weren't you worried that they wouldn't work if you put anything over the "mickey" part?
I was when I first heard about people doing this but after so many on the Decorated Magicbands thread have done it with sucess and DH reassuring me that as long as you don't use aluminum as decorations the rfid signal (the thing that your band uses to talk to the mickey readers) won't be blocked.

Don't mind me...ignorant here :)) I'm sure you know what you are doing lol
Its alright. If you don't ask you won't know.
Well, that's quite the range of excitement in the course of a day. Going from something pretty awful to something as exciting as Magic Bands!!! :rotfl2:
Isn't it though! :rotfl:

It seems like they arrived at the perfect time for you! I'm glad that it is helping re-ignite the excitement about the trip! :thumbsup2
They really did. I'm just glad I can put the cloud of worry about the money off for now.

The modified bands look great. I like the idea for the glow in the dark paint. That might look cool in some of the dark rides!
I've heard from folks on the Decorating Magicbands thread that it does. I kept it pretty simple, but if you haven't done it yet, go check out what people over there have done. :earseek::worship: WAY above my skill level on some of those!

Magic bands look great!!! I've been going back and forth on mine and decided since they are my first ones no decorating this trip... Maybe next time

Magic bands look great!!! I've been going back and forth on mine and decided since they are my first ones no decorating this trip... Maybe next time
Thank you. If you are worried about things you could always just go with a decal. Two sites that are good to find them at are Magicyourband.com and Myfantasybands.com. (I can only personally vouch for MYfanasybands.com)

Ahhhhh, they look SO good!!! And glow in the dark?!?!!? How awesome!!! You and Little Miss will be the best dressed/best accessorized ladies in all the World! :cutie:

I've had a headache for six days and spent no time on the DIS this weekend (or very little). YAY for Magic Bands arriving and love how you decorated them.

I've had a headache for six days and spent no time on the DIS this weekend (or very little). YAY for Magic Bands arriving and love how you decorated them.
Boo for headaches that won't go away! pixiedust: Sending Pixie DUst your way to feel better!!!!pixiedust:

I love how they turned out as well. I'm not sure which is my favorite!

Whoa you've been busy. I love the shirts, I didn't know they had glittery iron ons :confused3. Yay for magic bands arriving! I love how you decorated them, only 3 weeks to go!

Whoa you've been busy.
:rotfl:I suppose I have. Most of these things were nap time accomplishments.

I love the shirts, I didn't know they had glittery iron ons :confused3.
They are made by Tulip. And found closer to the Fabric paints then the Iron on Transfers. They however aren't printable and are rather thin and it can be a smidge tedious to work with. But its not bad. Also I am noticing that the glitter only sheds until you iron it in place. Once in place it seems to stay were it is and not spread to other things.

Yay for magic bands arriving! I love how you decorated them
:hyper:! Thank you! I really love how they turned out.

only 3 weeks to go!
:dancer::hyper: It will be here before we know it!

Finalized Plans- 5/6-Arrival Day

20150414_160340_zpskfqmqlv3.jpg

The plan is to get everything loaded into the car the night before so that only the last minute items end up needing to be packed the morning of. We plan to get up super early and hit the road by 5:30 am.

To accomplish this, we will wake up at 4:30 and change Little Misses diaper and put her back to bed in hopes she falls back into a deep sleep. We will leave her in her bed until very last thing. After getting ready and final packing DH will get Little Miss out of bed and load her in the car. We are crossing our fingers and hoping that she stays asleep or settles back asleep quickly.

Our thinking behind this is twofold. First, we want to get through the congested areas before rush hour sets in. Secondly, this past summer when we went to Charleston Little Miss ended up getting car sick from looking down at her toys and entertainment. On the way back we limited what she could look down at, but not surprisingly, she got bored easy and we ended up having to stop every 2.5-3 hours. The idea is that if we keep it dark and quiet, and play boring to her music she will sleep for a large chunk of the trip.

20150414_143206_zpszennnbio.jpg

Little Miss’s Arrival Outfit

Once we are on the road DH will drive until Little Miss wakes up or we are through the potential rush hour choke points. Whichever ends up being later. Once she does wake up we will swing in somewhere off the highway (Ideally in either Tiffton or Valdosta) for breakfast and will get her dressed for the day and switch drivers so that DH can pass things back and forth to Little Miss. (I get too motion sick to do that too much so I do better driving when she is awake.)

We will for sure be stopping at the Florida Welcome Center. I have passed it so many times in my life and I can’t ever remember stopping there. With all I have heard about it from Disers, it seems like a good place to stretch our legs and let Little Miss run around and explore a bit. Of course the free OJ will be a nice perk as well.

After the Welcome Center I don’t have any other stops planned. And with Google Maps predicting it will take 4 hours from there to get to POR I am hoping that we can push it without stopping. Now that we have tablets that we can rig to a head rest this should be feasible. Though it might end up meaning DH and I get stuck listening to a Frozen Marathon! :headache: It’s for this reason (and a few others) that we will hold out as long as we can with the tablet.

If it takes as long as google predicts we should be pulling up to POR around 12:30pm, however seeing as we are traveling with a 2 1/2 year old I am setting my expectations for a 1:30pm arrival with a goal of 1pm. For online check in I went ahead and told them that our expected arrival is 12:30pm and have requested only Highest Floor and that I am willing to wait for it. While getting settled first would be nice our first stop will be to DTD for lunch so it
isn't the end of the world if we can't get into our room right away.

Apparently from what I have heard, POR, as of the last month or so, online check in skips the counter all together. So we could hypothetically get the text with our room number while on the road and drive straight up to our room. If this
doesn't happen we will swing through the main lobby and verify that I understand things correctly and then assuming our room isn't ready we will hop in a boat and grab lunch and explore in DTD. The hope is to be settled in the room as close to 3 as possible so that Little Miss can get a rest in before we need to leave for our dinner reservations.

20150414_161044_zpshdqdtyzi.jpg

Little Miss’s Dinner Outfit

20150414_161245_zps9kfgcge4.jpg

My Dinner Outfit

For dinner we will be striking out to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Tremaine’s. (And Fairy Godmother?:confused:) Our reservation is for 7:30pm, so while I debated hanging around after dinner to see Wishes from the dock I decided that with our early start, and my strong desire to make Rope Drop the next morning we would be better served getting to the bus stop before the post Fireworks madness begins. Hopefully we will be getting in the bed about 10pm which is about Little Misses usual bedtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter