Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

Great idea for the stroller locator! When we went on our first trip with Charlotte we purchased a new stroller mainly for that trip. It was lime green and I was sure it was obnoxious enough to be easily identified. Sure enough there were several others like that. So, a locator is a good idea for sure!

Getting Crafty- Stroller Location Device

20150404_192720_zps3zkfb5ve.jpg

So after much consideration and debate back and forth on the stroller issue (which by the way was made worse when instead of giving helpful input on either of the options we were initially considering threw out a third option of the umbrella stroller we keep at her house. :headache: :rotfl: ) we have decided that the points brought up about the sun shade and how a few of you would chose annoying on the buses but great maneuverability along with the fact that while we have seen on quite a few occasions people with our standard stroller we have yet to run into a duplicate of the jogger. So Jogging stroller it is!

With that decided, I knew I needed to do something to help our stroller stand out. Something that could help it stick out of the mass of strollers in stroller parking.

Whatever we ended up with had to meet a few criteria:

1) It has to catch the eye quickly without being over the top obnoxious.

2) It has to be able to quickly be put in place and removed as needed.

3) Once in place it needs to be secure.

I considered getting a balloon but beyond the fact that balloons are not allowed in Animal Kingdom I could see a balloon quickly getting really annoying for DH while on buses.

Both DH and I were quick to come to the idea of a flag of some sort, but how to execute it in a way that fit Criteria 2 and 3 stumped us for a long time.

20150404_192701_zpsvdnriylt.jpg

It was last week that the design idea finally came to mind. It really is simple to put together. I got a 1/4" dowel and we cut it down so it fit nicely in the basket under the stroller. We then Spray Painted it a bright florescent Pink. I then got some glitter canvas sheets (found next to the felt at Hobby Lobby) and cut out a circle (I originally was shooting for a flag like shape but it had to be abandoned after it turned out weird.) and glued the pieces together around the dowel. I then used a gold ribbon to cover the edges and give it just that last pop of sparkle to catch the eye. I then used the acrylic paint left over from painting magic bands to paint the first letter of our last name. Once everything was dry I glued it to a large binder clip. Take note that I only glued it in one spot on the clip. The rubberized pinchers are just the right size to help grip the dowel that the glue is almost not needed.

I tried it out around our yard at it seems to hold well. It also doubles as a bit of a fan. The only thing left to do to it is spray some acrylic sealer over it to help cut down on the shedding of glitter.

I am still working out the details to attach a stroller tag with our full name on it.

LOVE IT! Now that's a location device. I am just going with an old school sign which I will probably regret. However I was thinking I would get a ballon most days and hope that helps.

Great idea for the stroller locator! When we went on our first trip with Charlotte we purchased a new stroller mainly for that trip. It was lime green and I was sure it was obnoxious enough to be easily identified. Sure enough there were several others like that. So, a locator is a good idea for sure!
Thanks! There are so many strollers in stroller parking that I am not convinced that the stroller itself would be enough to stand out from a crowd. Hince this... Though I have debated the idea of battery operated chirstmas lights or something for night time since the jogging stroller is such a dark color.

LOVE IT! Now that's a location device.
Thanks! It should catch our eye that's for sure!

I am just going with an old school sign which I will probably regret. However I was thinking I would get a ballon most days and hope that helps.
From what I have seen, not only are the balloons expensive, but they also seem to be on pretty much every stroller. but with your trip being short it may not be worth it to have to deal with something like this on a plane.

Love the stroller location device! I would love to make something similar for my scooter, but I just don't see it happening!

Magic Bands should be arriving soon! So excited for you (and us!)

Love the stroller location device! I would love to make something similar for my scooter, but I just don't see it happening!
Thanks! It really didn't take long to make. Ofcoarse I know nothing of scooters so I couldn't tell you if the same concept would work on it or not.

Magic Bands should be arriving soon! So excited for you (and us!)
:hyper:I know! The magnet on my fridge with the dates on it said that the chance to customize didn't end until the 25th so I was a bit surprised when I saw that people had started to get them!

Thanks! There are so many strollers in stroller parking that I am not convinced that the stroller itself would be enough to stand out from a crowd. Hince this... Though I have debated the idea of battery operated chirstmas lights or something for night time since the jogging stroller is such a dark color.

Thanks! It should catch our eye that's for sure!

From what I have seen, not only are the balloons expensive, but they also seem to be on pretty much every stroller. but with your trip being short it may not be worth it to have to deal with something like this on a plane.

Yeah expensive is not fun, and I too have seen them in every stroller! But also I agree for only 3 days not sure I want to deal with bringing something with me... Though I could have my dad bring something. I got a DISign made which I will use it just won't be that high so we will still need to look for it in the sea of strollers.

Getting Crafty- Shirts

So not only have I been inspired by Pinterest I also had a nice fitting shirt that got a stain on it that just wouldn’t come out. My solution, put a design over it to cover it up. I also had an extra black shirt laying around and the glitter transfer sheets I got for the stained shirt came in a pack of 4 so I decided to go ahead and make two. I really really love how they came out.:love:

20150407_193503_zpsjg8shuuh.jpg

My original idea was to do Cinderella’s castle. But when I went hunting on google for a good silhouette to use I found this image of Cinderella and the Prince Dancing and thought that not only would it look nice it would be a heck of a lot easier to cut out. I really am amazed at how nice it turned out. I plan to wear it to our Cinderella dinner. And maybe again as a back up shirt for a park day.

20150407_193606_zpskrx1c1sk.jpg

Here is the black shirt I did. I knew when I saw the red glitter sheet that it would be nice for a Mickey. This image was another case of looking good while also being a tad easier to cut out than the original idea. I'm leaning towards wearing it when we go to Hollywood studios.

On a side note:

I really do need to cut myself off from making more bows for this trip.:rotfl2: After finishing the Stroller Locator, I ended up with some gold ribbon that begged to become some snow white bows so I made Little Miss a set to go with her Snow White shirt.

20150406_224317_zpsajz51jdm.jpg

I think they turned out quite well.

Here is the black shirt I did. I knew when I saw the red glitter sheet that it would be nice for a Mickey. This image was another case of looking good while also being a tad easier to cut out than the original idea. I'm leaning towards wearing it when we go to Hollywood studios.
The shirts look good. But glitter????? :eek:

I kid. Kind of. I'm sure your house is probably like ours. Glitter everywhere. I forget where it was. I was doing something the other day, I think out in the garage or something. And I found glitter. I don't even know how that stuff travels to half the places it goes. :rotfl2:

I really do need to cut myself off from making more bows for this trip.:rotfl2: After finishing the Stroller Locator, I ended up with some gold ribbon that begged to become some snow white bows so I made Little Miss a set to go with her Snow White shirt.
Well, the bows definitely have the Snow White look to them. Nicely done. :thumbsup2

Love the stroller locator and the bows. And your shirts are absolutely adorable...perfect for your Cinderella dinner and the Studios.

Love the shirts!! You are so crafty!! The bows are adorable too! You may have to change them a few times each day lol

The shirts look good. But glitter????? :eek:

I kid. Kind of. I'm sure your house is probably like ours. Glitter everywhere. I forget where it was. I was doing something the other day, I think out in the garage or something. And I found glitter. I don't even know how that stuff travels to half the places it goes. :rotfl2:
:rotfl: Giltter isn't so bad... its stickers that you find in the strangest places EVERYWHERE in the house. ::yes::

Well, the bows definitely have the Snow White look to them. Nicely done. :thumbsup2
Thank you.

Love the stroller locator and the bows. And your shirts are absolutely adorable...perfect for your Cinderella dinner and the Studios.
Thanks! I am pretty excited for how they turn out.

Love the shirts!! You are so crafty!! The bows are adorable too! You may have to change them a few times each day lol
Thanks. I do have a few bow changes here and there. You'll see the final outfits when I do The final plans/ wardrobe posts. Which should be soon.

I love the shirts and the Snow White bows! Adorable!! I second the stickers being all over the house, car, everywhere! :confused3

You have been on an absolute roll lately!!! :thumbsup2 I really, really love the shirts!!! I think wearing the black with red Mickey would be perfect for a DHS day! ::yes:: And more bows!? :rotfl: You and Little Miss will look absolutely beautiful in all your craftiness! :goodvibes

You have been on an absolute roll lately!!! :thumbsup2
I know its been fun. And I have one or two more tricks up my sleeve before I'm done!

I really, really love the shirts!!! I think wearing the black with red Mickey would be perfect for a DHS day! ::yes::
Thanks! I do to! And they were way easier than I thought they would be! I think it will be the perfect nod to the gone but not forgotten sorcerer's hat. Hmmm, maybe I should get in to see sorcerer mickey while we are there.

And more bows!? :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:I know! I couldn't help myself! Once I thought of them they just HAD to be made! :rotfl: I'm done now....... I think..... Maybe..... :rotfl2:

You and Little Miss will look absolutely beautiful in all your craftiness! :goodvibes
We will have fun with it that is for sure!

Mickey Mail and Magicbands!!!!

20150411_114723_zpsamj35rmx.jpg

While I have known in theory that our trip is coming up it hasn’t sunk in just how close things are until this week. Last week I came home from my root canal to our Mickey Mail and the coupons and stuff for our package. And today Our MagicBands arrived! :dancer::jumping1:party::banana::cheer2::hyper::woohoo::stitch::tigger::mickeyjum:goofy::donald::figment::simba::dumbo::sulley:

I am getting so excited now that the reality of our trip that is settling over me. It’s refreshing to say the least because after last week with the tooth issues I was worried it would end up a black cloud in the back of my mind throughout the trip. Instead these things (which for some reason I wasn’t expecting for another few weeks) sneaking up on me has really built my excitement back up and given me a peace about the whole issue.

There is the voice inside my head now that keeps saying “I’m really really going to Disney World!” You can expect a round 2 of decorated Magic Bands soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter