Taking Little Miss to Meet the Mouse! ~ A May 2015 PTR ~ Trip Report Link Posted!!

I'm officially all caught up! First off, your daughter is just so cute!!! :cutie:

I'm loving your custom made-by-you autograph book! A huge :thumbsup2 for a job well done!

Awww, poor Lambie - excellent recovery from that potential disaster. Crisis averted!

Looks like our trip dates will just miss each other - I'm jealous you guys will be there for Flower and Garden - I'll only get my arrival day before it ends (and I plan on being at Epcot until closing that night even though, like you, it's hard to not make MK the first park of the trip!).

Wow! Your custom MagicBands are amazing!!! ::yes::

I'm excited to build up anticipation for our May trips together. :goodvibes

First off yay for being my first real guinea pig testing the multi quote feature to split a post (fyi just highlight each section you want to comment on one at a time and then hit +quote. worked like a dream!)

I'm officially all caught up! First off, your daughter is just so cute!!! :cutie:
:yay: Yay for catching up! And Thank you.

I'm loving your custom made-by-you autograph book! A huge :thumbsup2 for a job well done!

Thank you! I really love how it turned out and I can't wait to see the character interaction that is spawned from it.

Awww, poor Lambie - excellent recovery from that potential disaster. Crisis averted!

Haha thank you! I think this is a story that is going to stick around for quite a while! :ROTFL:

Looks like our trip dates will just miss each other - I'm jealous you guys will be there for Flower and Garden - I'll only get my arrival day before it ends (and I plan on being at Epcot until closing that night even though, like you, it's hard to not make MK the first park of the trip!).

I am really excited for it. I don't blame you for squeeking in every bit of FLower and Garden that you can.

Wow! Your custom MagicBands are amazing!!! ::yes::

Thanks! They were actually pretty easy to do. I can't wait for the new set though these are going to be fairly easy. I don't know what DH has planned for his. He insists on doing one himself.

I'm excited to build up anticipation for our May trips together. :goodvibes

So am I! We are getting close! :jumping1:

Really cute outfits! I think it so much fun when you start putting all the details together

Disney Training- The Zoo

6abda7af-3c86-412c-a897-a2979c39ca95_zps138b7baf.jpg

So this weekend we got a small tease of spring and DH and I decided to take full advantage of it and take Little Miss to the Zoo. We like Disney Training at the Zoo for a few reasons,

1) The terrain of the Zoo is similar to what we will face at Disney World and so is good for helping us gauge the mobility of our strollers over the different terrains.

2) It also helps us get a good feel for how dependent on the storage in the stroller we are.

3) This particular time helped me to test drive a new stroller organizer I recently found that would help us solve the issue of the poorly sized cup holders in both strollers.

4) Helps me test how well my training is going to get my ankles in better shape.

5) Helps me evaluate Little Miss’s reactions to the animals so that I can plan out our Animal Kingdom Day accordingly.

d6e3170d-d8fd-4279-87f6-8fe80e4d6c7f_zps817dd585.jpg

Here are some things that I have learned and observed from our latest trip to the zoo:

1) We ran into another family with our identical stroller. (We were evaluating our everyday stroller this time) While watching our kids play on a playground we laughed about having the same stroller and I joked that maybe that was a sign I shouldn’t bring this one to Disney. The other mom went on to say that they just went to Disney with their matching stroller and said that not only did it work great for them down there but that they didn’t see anyone else down there with the same stroller.

b8f3872d-59d7-4e15-b8fe-d10fc25c7bf0_zps2b4ada12.jpg

2) The stroller organizer works like a dream! Actually I’m going to say that if you are going to deal with a stroller at Disney then you may want to consider getting this thing. It’s the Skip Hop Stroller Organizer. It fit two 24 fl.oz. Deer Park Bottles seamlessly, Its made of Neoprene so those bottles are insulated, the pocket in the middle is large enough to fit my NOTE 4 phone AND have room to spare, the detachable clutch on the front of it is quite handy for keeping cash and I.D. handy.

3) I need to do something on the Front of the stroller to set it apart. While the new stroller caddy helped set it apart from the back there were a few times where we ended up next to the matching stroller throughout the day and approaching the stroller from the front totally throws you off.

4) I apparently have been doing SOMETHING right in regards to my Disney Training. Because last April I by the time I made it back to our car my feet and ankles were in so much pain I could barely move. Putting on ankle supports only helped the problem a bit. This time not only was I not wearing ankle supports but I also ended up with no issues with swelling and even had the energy to stop at the grocery store on the way home and did our weekly grocery run! DH’s pedometer on his watch registered over 9,000 steps by the time we crawled into bed! I did end up taking a dose of Advil at bed time due to soreness but even though I prepared to wake up the next morning stiff and sore I woke up yesterday without a bit of soreness there! I am going to do my best to get in at least 3,000-4,000 again today and see how I do.

4094fb63-8f32-41b4-87d0-dc9c4b2ac99c_zpsf5a5fd3b.jpg

5) Apparently while Little Miss likes to look at animals from afar she now gets scared when they get close and is downright terrified of the Voulchers and other large flying birds. I was already planning on skipping the flying bird show at AK as well as the Bug Show. The only thing left in the itinerary at this point that could backfire on us would be the Safari. If the animals get close to the safari vehicle we may end up with issues. Luckily Little Miss is easily diverted So I just need to add something to our plan for right after the Safari that will help get her attention elsewhere. In the picture above she was a tad uncomfortable with how close the animals were.

Disney Family Movie Night- The Princess and the Frog

8258d6d1-5acd-49a5-b17e-1cc20624ce3f_zps4b3f7172.jpg

So we didn’t do a whole lot for Princess and the Frog movie night even though I think its one of my Top Favorites. I knew that when we did Princess and the Frog I was going to want to do a King Cake for the desert which meant doing it within a narrow time of year. When I saw that our grocery store had King Cakes out already I went ahead and got one and we just did a simple Zatteran’s Jambalaya and had the King Cake for desert.

0276e487-4840-4309-abb7-6f50370d985c_zps2f9b51bf.jpg

The fun thing about Movie Nights is that Little Miss seems to really be getting in to them. Even with being just as simple as a themed dinner and watching the movie she said more than once during our meal, “I LOVE movie night!”

She also seems to really enjoy The Princess and the Frog. Which I guess is a good thing seeing as we are staying in a Royal Room!

Looks like constraining at the zoo worked great. I am glad that the stroller organizer worked. It worked out wonderful that someone h ad your identical stroller and had just been to disney to tell you how well it worked. It's also a good sign that in disney she did not run into the same stroller.

Your walking training must be paying off. It is great that you can tell a difference in how you ankles are doing.

Hopefully you should not have too many problems with the safari ride and animals up close.

I'm glad things worked out at the zoo with the stroller and your ankle. This is good news for your trip. Sorry DD is a little leery on the animals, but that could change again too...you never know.

What a great movie night theme. We just recently saw The Princess and the Frog and though not in my top 20, it is a good movie. And so sweet that DD "loves movie nights."

This thread is so fun!! Your excitement is contagious, and is making me even more excited for our trip at the end of May!

We've rented strollers in the past at DW; they have always been the "jogging" type and they do kind of get lost in the sea of strollers, but we've never had a problem on buses or other transportation with them.

Your family movie nights look like so much fun! DS is currently in a "Night at the Museum" phase.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates!

Looks like constraining at the zoo worked great. I am glad that the stroller organizer worked. It worked out wonderful that someone h ad your identical stroller and had just been to disney to tell you how well it worked. It's also a good sign that in disney she did not run into the same stroller.

Having another Mommy vouch for the success of one of the strollers is a huge bonus. It was also a nice learning experience because now I know what parts of our stroller really need something to set it apart from duplicates.

Your walking training must be paying off. It is great that you can tell a difference in how you ankles are doing.

It does seem to be paying off a bit and I am thrilled that it is! Its given me a new encouragement to push forward and keep it up!

I'm glad things worked out at the zoo with the stroller and your ankle. This is good news for your trip. Sorry DD is a little leery on the animals, but that could change again too...you never know.

This is very true! And now that I know that Little Miss reacts this way I can start prepping her a bit more to be okay with that closeness.

What a great movie night theme. We just recently saw The Princess and the Frog and though not in my top 20, it is a good movie. And so sweet that DD "loves movie nights."

Thank you. It was rather low key and last minute because I wasn't expecting the King cakes for another week. I was happy to see it out because I didn't want to have to add something else to get done so close to my Birthday (Next week Saturday)

This thread is so fun!! Your excitement is contagious, and is making me even more excited for our trip at the end of May!

:wave2: Hi there! :welcome: Thank you for your kind words! I am glad that I can have such an effect on others. I sometimes worry I come across as overwhelming, but then that might describe most of us here on the dis wouldn't it? :rotfl:

We've rented strollers in the past at DW; they have always been the "jogging" type and they do kind of get lost in the sea of strollers, but we've never had a problem on buses or other transportation with them.
Another point towards Old Faithful. Thanks for weighing in.

Your family movie nights look like so much fun! DS is currently in a "Night at the Museum" phase.

They are quite fun. The big reward to them is to see Little Miss really start to look forward to them and enjoy them.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates!

I'm looking forward to counting down till May with you. ::yes::

Wow! I want to live wherever you live... short sleeves outside?! When I look out my window, I see about a foot of snow and the temperature is 18. :sad2: I'm so not meant for the northeast...

Looks like your "training day" at the zoo was a success! I love the stroller organizer - how funny that you ran into another family with the same stroller who had just been to Disney! It also sounds like the zoo was a good trial run for how Little Miss might react to parts of AK.

I'm loving your themed Movie Nights! And glad that Little Miss is as well! :thumbsup2

Wow! I want to live wherever you live... short sleeves outside?! When I look out my window, I see about a foot of snow and the temperature is 18. :sad2: I'm so not meant for the northeast...

Its just a taste of the warmth. But Yeah I am truly a southern girl at heart, I am not sure I have ever seen a foot of snow at one time and I have no desire to either! Brrrr! :rotfl: Though too be fair I heard our tease of spring is to be followed up by rain and a blast of cold with lows around 18 by the weekend. :cold:

Looks like your "training day" at the zoo was a success! I love the stroller organizer - how funny that you ran into another family with the same stroller who had just been to Disney! It also sounds like the zoo was a good trial run for how Little Miss might react to parts of AK.

It did end up being very informative for Animal Kingdom. More than I anticipated. :laughing:

I'm loving your themed Movie Nights! And glad that Little Miss is as well! :thumbsup2

I'm glad you are enjoying them! They are quite fun!

following along! We'll be there around the same time. :)

:wave2:Hi there! :welcome:I am glad you could join in! You will have to let me know if any of our plans overlap. :thumbsup2

Consignment Sale Finds- Round 2

10987327_10100599384581002_321966992315047589_n.jpg

So Tuesday was another big consignment sale I hunt at for Ruby’s clothes. And I found a few more pieces for Little Miss’s Disney wardrobe. The most I paid for any of these pieces was $5. Most were in the $2-$3 range. Here are the new additions:

This Tinkerbelle outfit will be nice for the car on arrival day. It’s nice and soft to keep her comfy in the car but still gives off a bit of Disney Magic. Also because we aren’t big on Tinkerbelle it won’t matter if it doesn’t show up in a lot of pictures.

This Ariel shirt may not look like much but was the crowning jewel of the sale. As I was showing going through the pile of clothes from the sale and showed this DH and Little Miss, she saw it and said “Ariel!” very excitedly and then got a look of complete gratitude and said repeatedly, “Thank you Momma! Thank You!” I’m not going to lie I might have shed some tears at that.

I got very excited to find this shirt and it’s going to look stinkin’ cute with a ruffled denim skirt when we go to Hoop De Doo Revue!

This Rapunzel shirt is the other shirt Little Miss got really excited over. I’m not sure which day she'll end up wearing this one.

This Minnie Shirt is another favorite of mine.

Not a huge fan of the skirt that came with this one but for $3 for the whole outfit it wasn’t bad and the pieces will look good when separated.

Not much to say about this one but Little Miss did ooh and aaah over it.

Wow you got some great finds at the consignment store. Your DD should wear the Ariel shirt if you go to her meet and greet.

Getting Crafty- Making Bows

First off… For those interested in making their own autograph book like I did, I recently got another Shutterfly coupon code in my email for a free 8X8 photobook. Not sure how many people this will work for but here it is if anyone wants to try and use it: PU2A-7EFX-DF9W-JUU4DT

So I really didn’t do much with these except hot glue the bows on to hair clips but they turned out rather well. I found the frozen bows for only a few dollars at my local Joanne Fabrics. They had a whole cart filled with Frozen fabrics and stuff. (They had another whole aisle for Elsa fabrics! :rotfl:)

The Ariel piece actually came with one of the Princess Dresses Little Miss got for Christmas, but seeing as Ariel has been a favorite of mine I decided to claim it for myself.:lmao:

Here is how they turned out

{Sorry for the blurriness. Little Miss was just too darn excited about new Elsa and Anna Bows to stay still!:rotfl2:}

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter