Taking 3 1/2 month old to wdw next week

frontman

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any experience with keeping baby from getting too much sun. We've been told that we probably shouldn't use any suscreen on her - just keep her covered up - but i'm afraid she'll get overheated. Of course we will always act in the best interest of our 1st born daughter while at the parks but... anyone know why we couldn't put a little suscreen on her arms, hands, legs and feet? She'll be in a stroller most of the time (which has a sun shade) if possible but sometimes we'll put her in her baby bjorn carrier. I don't think she'll be wanting to just lay in her stroller all day - she'll get bored and need a change of view from time to time which means taking her out of the stroller and into the sunlight. If anyone has any experience or thoughts on this please let me know

Thanks!!!

Last year we took my 3 month old neice to WDW (in May). Her mom called the drs office and told them we were going and they told her to go ahead with a little sunscreen (just watch for breakout). She was mostly in a double stroller but she did fine, never got overheated or too much sun.

We did head back to the hotel at lunch to keep her out of the sun the bad part of the day.

Call your Dr. and ask about the sunscreen. Some say fine, other say NO. You will want to avoid her hands at any rate because they will go into her mouth. Also unless she is breast fed. Ask about giving her a little extra water in the parks if it is very warm. Again some Drs say that is needed, other say no! I would also add a cute sun hat for when she is out of the stroller. Keep the sun off her face. Also watch out for her little feet in the stroller. They often get overlooked and burned.

Have a great trip and make lots of memories.

Jordans' mom

We brought a medium sized stroller because it had a better canopy than an umbrella stroller. She kept pulling her hat off, but she did have sunscreen on. Only her face got a little red towards the end of the trip. One day at Epcot, she was sitting in the stroller a bit off to the side, leaving a little of her shoulder and arm exposed to the sun. That gave her a burn. I would make sure the baby is centered under the canopy, and I would think the dr would want her to have plenty of fluids (as long as it didn't stop her from wanting formula). I believe Right Start puts out a battery operated fan that you can clip onto the stroller.

We're going in May and June with our daughter who will be almost 3 months old on the 1st trip and 3.5 months on the 2nd and we asked our pediatrician about the sunblock and he said to go ahead and use it for when we can't keep her out of the sun. There was an article in their office about how sunblock is safe for babies under 6 months which is why I asked about it. So I would ask your dr and see if it's okay.

We went last Aug with a 6 mth old. We didn't use sunblock. He rode in the stroller most of the time and the canopy did a good job of blocking the sun. When he napped we put him in the back seat of our double stroller and put 1/2 of a twin size white sheet over the 2 canopies of the stroller. It kinda looked like a covered wagon. we also had a couple of the clip on battery operated fans that were wonderful. He didn't get a sunburn at all and we were there for 2 wks.

I have taken my son to WDW many times since he was a baby. I always used a little bit of sunscreen on anything exposed except his hands, didn't want him to put them in his mouth. I always used BullFrog, which was great for him. One time though I accidentally bought the bullFrog watermelon scented. He had no problems with it, but by the end of our 3rd day I had broken out in a horrible rash from using it. I will NEVER make that mistake again. Make sure you get something that isn't specially scented, you never know what kind of reaction the baby will have.

We have gone twice when one of ours were about 4 months. And I will tell you it was so easy. At that age just riding around in a carriage seeing different things is entertainment. Mine were a real pleasure. Fast forward 3 years............:moped: :moped: I need mopeds to keep up with them! Have fun.

I prefer to carry DD in a sling most of the time. It's great to have the stroller, but you end up putting her in and taking her out everytime you go on a ride/attraction, or enter a pavilion. So, you may find yourself using the Bjorn more than you expect. My best piece of advice is to carry a light umbrella (like Totes) to keep the sun off the baby while in a front carrier. It's not too wretchedly hot here in FL yet (80 degees for the high this weekend), so overheating shouldn't be a problem. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter