Take your photo in the same spot each trip!

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by Cbowman, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Cbowman

Cbowman GrowingUpGoofy

One of the fun things we like to do as a family is to take a family photo in the exact same spot. It started out accidental really. Otherwise, I think we'd pick a better spot than the Toon Town backlot! ;)

You can see our 3/4 of our last trips on my new post. Our girls were both too sick on our last trip to get a photo. :worried:

http://growingupgoofy.com/201304/take-a-familyphoto-in-the-same-spot/

It's a lot of fun to look back on the photos!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JKMJ441724

JKMJ441724 Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Cute.

My daughter's name is Madison. I always take a picture of her by Madison's fountain at HS. For a while I've been meaning to pull them all together and see how she's changed over the years.

4. Paging Tom Morrow

Paging Tom Morrow DIS Veteran

We do this. Here is one we do:

[​IMG]

5. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

My first thought was, oh, no! No more Toon Town and then realized you were at Disneyland! :) We always took pictures on the carousel at DL and even have one of our youngest at 16 on the golden horse for DL's 50th birthday!

6. Cbowman

Cbowman GrowingUpGoofy

Love it! I'm sure our photos are going to be farther and farther apart since our oldest starts Kindergarten this fall.

I'm also nervous that one day we'll show up and Toon Town will be gone! Going to start another spot when we go back at the end of the month.

7. Lisavince3

Lisavince3 Mouseketeer

Same thing for us! Years ago I took a picture of my then 4yo DD siting next to Ink outside of the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot. That was her favorite picture and every year she asks us to take a picture of her in the exact same spot. She's 10 now and it is cute to look back on all of the pics, but a little bit sad too to see how quickly the time has gone!

8. abinormal

abinormal Mouseketeer

I'm so doing this when we go.

Where are some other good places?

9. EMILAYLAY93

EMILAYLAY93 Earning My Ears

Our parents always took pictures of us at the same places during the 15 years we visited WDW as a family. Our places were next to the Kermit statue by Muppets 3D at HS, in the shackles at Liberty Square at MK, and by an old fashioned coke machine by a gift shop close to Triceratops Spin in AK (don't remember the name). As an adult, I still have pictures taken at the same spots except by the coke machine, which is no longer there.

Another souvenir my parents would do every trip is have my sister's and my silhouette done together in MK.

10. Cbowman

Cbowman GrowingUpGoofy

I haven't been to WDW but I'd find a spot that you know will be there for some time. The other cool picture place we have used a couple of times in the Sword and the Stone statue. With Emma trying to pull out the sword. So many great places to choose from!

11. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

The Wishing Well would be a good place or maybe the Beanstalk in Fantasyland to be able to to note the growth of your children?

12. redfisher333

redfisher333 Earning My Ears

For 35 years we had a place where we took pictures every trip. It was near the Fantasyland Skyway entrance by a stream. It was removed last year. We were so upset!

13. cah5525

cah5525 Mouseketeer

We take a picture wearing the sombreros in Mexico, Epcot

14. gritzel4

gritzel4 Domestic Goddess

We always took the kids picture at Mickey's mailbox in Toontown! I was very sad when we went last year and could not get "our" picture :sad:

15. JulieODC

JulieODC DIS Veteran

Love this idea!!

16. meggimouse

meggimouse Disney's First Tattooed Princess

my fiance and i do this too! we do it in the rose garden facing the castle - we only have three pictures right now but will have many more to add in the future:

[​IMG]

17. sharlamuegge

sharlamuegge Earning My Ears

This is our first family trip! I need to remember this! TNX

18. dizzycrazy

dizzycrazy Earning My Ears

Love this idea! I have to look over my pics from our last trip to make sure we find some of the same spots! DD was a baby and is now six so what a different look it will be this time! :flower3:

19. ChristineNic

ChristineNic Mouseketeer

I did a variation of this by accident, but I will continue to do it. Two years before I had WLS, I have a photo of me with the Bambi topiary at the F&G festival in Epcot (I was at a morbidly obsese BMI). The next year, I had photo taken with the Bambi topiary during my pre-op diet (obsese BMI). The following year, I had one taken with the same topiary at approximately 5 months after surgery(and just entering the overweight BMI category.) When I realized that had 3 consecutive years, I viewed them side by side and I was thrilled with my transformation.

On Saturday, my one must-do for Epcot is to have a photo taken with the Bambi topiary at 18 months post op and only 7 lbs away from a "normal" BMI.

I plan to continue the tradition for as long as we keep making annual trips to F&G Festival.

20. Cbowman

Cbowman GrowingUpGoofy

Great photos! Such a fantastic spot too!

21. Jessicalynne

Jessicalynne Mouseketeer

I love the pictures Meggimouse posted! So cute! If I remember, I need to get my families pictures done here! It is the perfect spot! ::yes::