Take the 2 year old they said...It'll be fun they said...They were right!

I am right with you regarding ponchos - unless it is really pouring I'd much rather just get a little wet.

Glad things worked out and you were able to get on all your FP+ rides ... despite the lack of documentation for some ;)

I think the main reason that speedway exists is for kids that are two young to drive can get to drive - and give their parents whiplash in the process. I do wish they would update it a bit (us electric cars or maglev or something) to better fit in with "Tomorrow"land

Boo on the rain but at least you got dinner out of the way.

It definitely could have been worse. I was very thankful it was quick and over with.

:yay::yay::yay: for getting back on BTMR with Brody.

It was so much fun! He had the biggest smile the whole ride.

Love the pics of Jackson on Winnie the Pooh.

He enjoyed the line but I thought it was funny that he was most upset about not playing in the interactive queue. We had a FP so we skipped all that and when he saw the other kids playing with stuff he wanted a turn too.

You had never done the Speedway? Let's just say I'm glad I don't have to do that anymore. Between the jerking and the smell. :lmao::lmao:

I'd like to say that Daddy gets that duty next time but I know both boys will want to ride. It was quite bumpy.

Jackson and Mrs. Incredible...absolutely previous and I just loved the video. :goodvibes

I still pull the video up on my phone and watch it about once a week. It makes me so happy! Mrs. Incredible was SO good with him. He was hesitant at first but she kept on gently encouraging him. It was so perfect.

That was the cutest video!! I loved it :goodvibes

Thanks! He gets his dance moves from me. :thumbsup2 His dad doesn't dance...ever!

This year will be my first time doing Tomorrowland speedway also and I am worried about how my 6 and 4 year old will drive! :faint:

Be prepared with some Advil afterwards! :rotfl:

Can't can't to many rides though Pooh thats for sure. :thumbsup2

It was a very cute little ride. Brody never got a chance to ride it so we'll have to be sure to do it again next time.

Ya gotta love the trains! I am so glad that Brody enjoys them so much!:thumbsup2

I'd love for you to see how much he enjoys them! You could take us with you at Christmas...just sayin! ;)

I can't believe that you have never done the speedway....hmmmm. I guess that puts me into the "bad mommy" category! Sorry! I don't think Brody could be happier about going on it. Great pic! Here is hoping that he gets better at driving! :rotfl:

You are not a bad mommy for that. I never had the desire to do it. In fact, I still don't.

Jackson is so cute dancing! Even though I had seen the video, I had to go watch it again. You go boy! :cool1:

I know right! I know I'm a little partial but darn it he is so cute!

I think I missed replying to your previous update, so here's a two-fer.

Sounds like you and Jackson had a great time at AK, while waiting for DH and Brody to ride Dinosaur. Jackson just looks so intent on playing in the sand. Glad to hear that Brody made it through Dinosaur without being traumatized. That can be one scary ride for littler ones.

I was so happy he wasn't traumatized too. He was insistent that he would be fine. Also it's hard to get too scared when you cover your eyes the whole time. He didn't see a thing according to DH.

As hot as it was, heading back to the resort for food, rest and pool time for you sounds like a perfect idea!

After going back and looking I realized that we didn't eat a single lunch in the parks during the whole trip. We ate at the food court each day. There are still so many things that we didn't eat though. They have so much variety. And the pool was so refreshing.

Sounds like a great evening at MK, even with the rain. Brody just looks like one happy kid at the Speedway. Jackson’s dance was adorable, too!

It was such a great start to our evening. And there is so much more to come!

I am right with you regarding ponchos - unless it is really pouring I'd much rather just get a little wet.

I know right! Ugh they are so gross and clingy.

Glad things worked out and you were able to get on all your FP+ rides ... despite the lack of documentation for some ;)

It really worked out perfectly. It was nice not having to really wait in between rides. The rain helped out more than it hurt.

I think the main reason that speedway exists is for kids that are two young to drive can get to drive - and give their parents whiplash in the process. I do wish they would update it a bit (us electric cars or maglev or something) to better fit in with "Tomorrow"land

I agree. A nice little update would be nice. I'm sure they could easily use electric cars and have a sponsor tie-in for that...Disney loves a good sponsor after all. :)

I am SO sorry it has taken so long for me to update! With school back in full swing it is so hard to find time. Whenever I do have time I find myself just wanting to hang out (and ultimately fall asleep) on the couch. Last weekend I chaperoned a camping trip with 3 adults and 30 teenagers! I was exhausted. It is one of my favorite weekends of the year though.

To be honest I think I'm also delaying the inevitable which is the fact that my TR will come to an end very soon. I've enjoyed writing this so much. It's really helped with those post-Disney blues. But alas, I must get on with the story and begin to wrap up our trip.

When we last left off, Jackson has a wonderful time dancing with Mrs. Incredible after he rode Buzz again and Brody and I got a dose of whiplash on Tomorrowland Speedway. All of our FPs were gone and I'm sure we could've gotten some more but the crowds weren't bad at all (thank you rain) so we decided to let the boys tell us what they wanted to do and had a play-it-by-ear evening. There was only one thing left to do that we had to complete and that was to meet the talking Mickey. That will come a little later though.

The boys first decided that they wanted to ride Dumbo again. I was excited to take a ride on it at night. I just love riding outdoor rides in the evening. I especially love the Astro Orbiter at night with the castle lit up but it was closed so I figured Dumbo was a good second. We trekked on over and the boys had a blast riding again. We switched partners this time so I rode with Jackson and Brody rode with DH.

After Dumbo, we decided to head up to the front of the park to meet Mickey. He was to be out until 30 minutes before park closing which would mean 10:30 this night. It was about 9:45 and as we were walking by Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, the wait was only 10 minutes. I thought for sure that we'd have enough time to watch it and head back to Mickey before he was done so we decided to hop in and boy am I glad we did!!!

I didn't have enough time to text in one of my sister's famous corny jokes like I usually do because we were let into the room too fast but it didn't matter because we were still involved in the show. :)

We took our seats and waited patiently for the show to begin. I took a couple shots of the boys.

You can see the fatigue setting in but they were both being SO good! It was like magic!

Once the show started, both boys were enthralled, especially because DH was chosen to be "THAT GUY!!!" I was so excited! I always wanted to be with someone that was "that guy." It was so funny and the boys loved it. As you may of noticed, Jackson was sitting next to me at the beginning but by the end of the show he was in Daddy's lap so that he could see himself on screen!

DH was given the cutest sticker to wear that said "I'm that guy!" As we were walking out there was a kid that was starring at him and his mom told DH that he thought he was famous because he was on the screen. It was too cute.

As we left the show we could hear the fireworks going off which meant it was past 10:00. In fact, it was about 10:15 which meant we had 15 minutes to make it to Mickey before he was done for the evening. Under normal circumstances, this wouldn't be a difficult trek to make in 15 minutes but as I'm sure many of you are aware Main St. is quite crowded during the fireworks and trying to move against the grain while everyone is staring at the castle is not easy. It is especially difficult when I'm trying to do it because even though we were hauling down to Mickey I also kept turning around to look at the fireworks myself because I love them so much and knew I wouldn't see them again. We finally made it to Mickey with 5 minutes to spare!!! :yay:

The boys LOVED meeting him again so much. Brody was especially excited that he talked!!

After meeting Mickey, the boys were still behaving so well and we were all having so much fun that we didn't want to leave yet. It was 10:30 and the MK closed at 11 so we knew we had time for one more ride. Once again we were walking against the grain as multitudes of people were filing out of the MK. We asked the boys what they wanted to do and ultimately we somehow decided on riding Winnie the Pooh because Brody had missed out on it earlier in the evening.

The castle show was on for it's second showing so we stopped on our way so I could take a few pics. I love the show so much!

Now, a little note about the last picture. I do enjoy Frozen but I'm not super obsessed with it like so many others tend to be. I will say though that it was awesome when they were playing "Let it Go" during the show and you could hear everyone singing a long and screaming "the cold never bothered me anyway." I'm getting chills thinking about it now. It was a pretty awesome moment to hear everyone enjoying their time together.

We made our way back to it and it was closed down already because of a ride malfunction. So we had a few minutes to choose a different ride. We decided to give the Haunted Mansion a go. I figured if Brody can make it through Dinosaur they can handle fake ghosts. We talked it up to be a bunch of funny, non-scary ghosts and Brody seemed interested in it. We did need to hurry though because it was now about 10:40ish. I did need to take one quick pic of my boys behind the castle though. As you can see they were really starting to become very tired. (Sorry the picture is so dark. Iphones are great a night. :))

We made our way to the Haunted Mansion and walked right on. None of the pictures came out at all because it was so dark. Alas, this would be our last ride of our trip. :sad1:

As we exited the ride it was exactly 11:00 and I was hoping we could get over to Sleepy Hollow before they closed and get an ice cream sandwich because I love them so much but they were closed by the time we made it over there. Oh well.

And so began our long walk out of the park. That time when I walk as slow as humanly possible because I know that it is all about to be over. That time when my tears fall faster that I'm walking. It both the happiest and saddest walk at the same time. Given the popularity of them though, I reigned my tears back in for a couple selfies before we finally left. And a couple more castle shots as well. You can never have enough pictures of the castle in my opinion.

I took a deep breath and told the castle good-bye. (In my head of course, I didn't want to look like a complete crazy person!) There was only one more picture to take on my way out which summed up the entire day...

Even though that is the end of the time in the parks, we still had some fun the next morning so the TR isn't quite done yet. :)

Overall we had such a productive evening though. In total we did:

Big Thunder Mountain
Seven Drawfs Mine Train
Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Buzz
Dumbo
Monster's Inc.
Met Mickey
Haunted Mansion

It was definitely one of the best last nights I've ever had. The rain really helped us out that night. It was so MAGICAL from beginning to end!

UP NEXT: Mickey Waffles please!

People don't usually say "yeah!" for the rain but, it sure seemed to work out well for ya'll. The pictures you took this night all came out great. I love the fact that everyone was having so much fun on the last night. It always seems so perfect when everyone is so happy on the last night. Sometimes grumpy seems to take over. :rotfl:

I LOVE "That Guy"!! It is so awesome that Lucas got to be him! I like the fact that Jackson got on the screen in there as well. Can't let dad have all of the fun!

I want to meet the talking Mickey too. I plan on doing that at Christmas. :)

You absolutely have to love the lack of people in the back of the parks near closing! It' like someone sprinkled pixie dust and made everyone disappear just for you. :lmao:

Leaving the park on the last night is sooooo sad. I hate saying goodbye to the park. Although it does however mean that the next trip can be planned soon! :banana:

That's awesome that your husband got to be "That Guy" ... they shoudl seel t-shirts that you could wear that say "I'm with That Guy" :rotfl:

Glad you got to see Mickey - we still haven't seen talking Mickey and I still haven't decided if it is awesome or awesomely creepy :lmao:

I totally agree with that last walk out - that you just keep going slower and slower and think of things you didn't do to drag it out just a little longer - "Oh, I wanted to go in that store" "oh, we didn't see the firehouse!" "oh, there is a bush over there I didn't study in detail"

Glad you had such a great evening though!

I'm trying to catch up while I sit on the patio and enjoy hearing the fish plop in the channel. :)

I LOVE Dumbo at night (we did that last week)...it's my favorite time to do it.

I keep hoping my DH will be "that guy"...but so far no luck. I'm glad your DH got to be "that guy."

We've not gone to see the talking Mickey. I've decided I don't want to...I like the untalking one. But I know a lot of people have really enjoyed it.

It's a bit late of course...only 2 years late but I came back to my TR to get the link so I could add it to my signature and noticed that I never did a final report! I seriously doubt that there is anyone out there that would even be reading this but if you are the trip ended well. We ate our waffles the next morning and then took the 10 hour drive home.

We are currently in the midst of planning our June trip for next year when we return for Jackson's 5th birthday trip. This time we'll be staying at CBR! I'm looking forward to doing another trip report. It is long over due.

For what it's worth to everyone who did follow along, thank you for joining me on my journey. It was a great experience. Going back and skimming it just now has brought back so many special memories.

Until next time...

I just got all caught up. :thumbsup2
I almost named this TR "Nothing a good "Pooh" can't fix!" :rotfl2:
Love it! :rotfl:

This picture is precious!!

0436AE36-CE4A-4EC2-ABF0-15F3E42FCE7A_zpskljibny0.jpg
This looks AMAZING!! :lovestruc

It seems like you're all having a great time, can't wait for more! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter