Take out Thanksgiving meals near Clermont

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Juniortrooper, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Juniortrooper

Juniortrooper Mouseketeer

Hi,

We are going the week of Thanksgiving and are interested in getting a take out meal for Thanksgiving dinner. Has anyone done this before and would be willing to share their favorite place in the area? We will be staying at a home in Clermont (Silver Creek). We were thinking Bob Evans--they usually have pretty consistant food and we've ordered meals from them before. Is there a Cracker Barrel in the area? They are another favorite of ours.

Thanks so much!
    Amy

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sympatico

sympatico DIS Veteran

There's a Cracerbarrel on 192 on your way to Disney near the Formosa Gardens Blvd area. People have also mentioned going to Publix and ordering a complete Thanksgiving (or Christmas) meal. They will provide the whole meal (ready to eat)
    On this map Crackerbarrel is #159 and there's a Publix on every corner it seems.
    Silver Creek is #102 .
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

4. Juniortrooper

Juniortrooper Mouseketeer

Thanks for your help!

:thumbsup2

5. JimMIA

JimMIA A little Miami humor...

Publix is a good choice with a wide variety of dishes. Just be sure to get your order in early. My wife usually orders a week or so in advance. If you wait until the day before, you may get shut out.

Also, I think you'll have to pick up the day BEFORE. I believe they're closed on Thanksgiving day.

6. JANNYANS

JANNYANS DIS Veteran

Publix is a good choice or maybe Sweetbay -there are both places just north of Silver Creek and they are closer than the Cracker Barrel on 192 or down on s 27

7. jodls01

jodls01 Mouseketeer

Last Thanksgiving we order our dinner at Publix. We were able to pick it up early the day before and made RD at MK. I ordered it on Friday. I noticed that the deli had a turkey sandwich similar to the Earl of Sandwich--turkey, cranberry sauce, etc.

8. Seahunt

Seahunt DIS Veteran

We had the Thanksgiving Farmhouse Feast from Bob Evans last Thanksgiving and it was delicious! Turkey (or could have ham), mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans with ham, buttered corn, cranberry sauce, a dozen rolls (could choose biscuits instead), a large pumpkin pie, whipped topping and a loaf of pumpkin bread. Plus I added extra sides of gravy and stuffing to be sure we'd have enough, and a side of Macaroni and Cheese too.:cutie:

My DH picked it up the day before and I just had to reheat on Thanksgiving Day. I would definitely do it again! I hate to admit this, but the turkey was better than any I have made :upsidedow

BTW There is a smaller size meal offered too. Also you could change out any of the sides with something you'd rather have - next time I would probably change out the green beans and corn with something else because there was just so much of those there was no way we could finish it all. :cutie: