Take my hand,we'll make it I swear... a wishful Pre-TR

I'm glad to hear things are going better! :) I'm sure you're in FULL planning mode now that July hours are posted!! :banana::banana:

sorry about your head, but I have to admit it made me laugh! Just thinking about your neighbors response when they saw you makes me smile. I know, I need help.:rotfl:

. There's one thing I'm worried about in the Studios. See, I'm deathly afraid of E.T. and no it's not a joke.

Oh. My. Gosh.
Me too. No joke at all. People always call me crazy for being afraid of E.T. but now I know I am not alone. I was forced to watch it in school when I was very young too and I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks straight.

Guess which ride Grumpy wants me to do at Universal ?? It's her payback for me putting her on Test Track. :scared:

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny.
I don't remember much of the E.T. ride other than screaming through the whole thing (I was 7 or so at the time, though). Just thank goodness they took it out in California.
Good luck.

Oh. My. Gosh.
Me too. No joke at all. People always call me crazy for being afraid of E.T. but now I know I am not alone. I was forced to watch it in school when I was very young too and I couldn't sleep for 2 weeks straight.

:rotfl: Sorry but that is funny.
I don't remember much of the E.T. ride other than screaming through the whole thing (I was 7 or so at the time, though). Just thank goodness they took it out in California.
Good luck.

:rotfl: I too thought I was alone !!! Every time I tell someone I'm afraid of ET their reaction is disbelief. Well sorry folks ET IS SCARY !!!!!!!! I can't even look at the stuffed animals they have in the Universal stores. OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

Dates are confirmed, park hours are up... and Grumpy's credit card is blocked.

We used the card to try & purchase our Southwest flights and it automatically blocked our card as a "security measure". Grumpy's banker called but of course she never checks her messages, so she had to go to the bank today. They told her they do that to make sure the card is being used by the real cardholder. HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO those are airplane tickets ! OF COURSE it's us ! Grumpy's been at that bank for 10 years don't they know by now that we take planes like other people take the bus ???

My mom said the block was lifted but I just tried again and it still won't accept the card. The flights have gone up of course, not by a whole lot but still... Grumpy is mad because she's paying something like $150 a year for her Premier Visa card and we can't even use it. Grrrrrrrrr ! Good thing our payment is not due for Disney or we could lose our 4/3 deal! :mad:

OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

No, ET does not roam at Universal so you are safe. Honerstly, I really don't remember the ET ride as being scary. Nothing pops out at your or anything.

:rotfl: I too thought I was alone !!! Every time I tell someone I'm afraid of ET their reaction is disbelief. Well sorry folks ET IS SCARY !!!!!!!! I can't even look at the stuffed animals they have in the Universal stores. OMG, please tell me there isnt an ET "character" roaming the streets at the Studios. I would seriously freak out!

Oh thank you thank you thank you for saying you're scared of ET too. I'm TERRIFIED of him! On my first day at university the girl i was sharing a room with had a stuffed ET on her bed :scared1: I switched rooms shortly after!

BUT the ET ride isn't that bad - the only bit I really didn't like was the introduction video with Spielburg and *the real ET* so if you go on it maybe just shut your eyes at that bit. I thought the ET characters in the ride were pretty lame.

By the way I think your trip reports are great :thumbsup2

:rotfl:I can't even watch the little snippets they play in previews on movies when it's in there. I cover my ears, close my eyes, and shout random sayings until it's over with.

As eeyor44 says, there is no ET roaming the studios.
Thank the Lord Almighty.

Oh thank you thank you thank you for saying you're scared of ET too. I'm TERRIFIED of him! On my first day at university the girl i was sharing a room with had a stuffed ET on her bed :scared1: I switched rooms shortly after!

BUT the ET ride isn't that bad - the only bit I really didn't like was the introduction video with Spielburg and *the real ET* so if you go on it maybe just shut your eyes at that bit. I thought the ET characters in the ride were pretty lame.

By the way I think your trip reports are great :thumbsup2

We have another one! :woohoo:

I just remember not liking the ET ride and screaming on it the whole time. It could just be my (cough) old (cough) age and memories doing it to me. Most likely. I convince myself like that quite often.

Sorry to have hijaked this PTR. :rolleyes1

This is hilarious !!!! My mom bought a stuffed ET at Universal and one day I was in her room talking to her, turned around and there it was facing me. I screamed like a banshee and ran to my room !!!! Grumpy almost passed out from laughing. I had no choice but to move out!

I cover my ears, close my eyes, and shout random sayings until it's over with.

As eeyor44 says, there is no ET roaming the studios.
Thank the Lord Almighty.

:rotfl::rotfl2:

So I read your trip report, I think it was the one where your mom turned 60. Is that the one where you went in August? I found it because we're going on our 1st Aug trip and I thought it would be fun to read TRs of people who went at the same time of year. Well I so enjoyed your TR that I searched for your other TRs and I'm devouring them all. I started at the beginning and and working my way toward the more current stuff. I'm just about to start the "why I didn't talk to my sister for a week" report. Anyway I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your reports! Keep em coming!:lovestruc

So I read your trip report, I think it was the one where your mom turned 60. Is that the one where you went in August? I found it because we're going on our 1st Aug trip and I thought it would be fun to read TRs of people who went at the same time of year. Well I so enjoyed your TR that I searched for your other TRs and I'm devouring them all. I started at the beginning and and working my way toward the more current stuff. I'm just about to start the "why I didn't talk to my sister for a week" report. Anyway I wanted you to know how much I enjoy your reports! Keep em coming!:lovestruc

the sister one was the BEST one! Well they are all good and funny...but seriously this one takes the cake!

ooohhh I you are in for a treat! great reading! Marina has a gift with her TR's but that one takes it as the best! I will be in Disney the same time Marina and Grumpy are and I told my daughter that the people from that TR will be there. My daughter is sooo excited about that! Marina is disboard royalty! :goodvibes

Yup I'm enjoying it big time so far! So where is Marivaid? I'm subscribed to this pretrip report and she has nothing exciting to tell me about her trip planning? Surely she must have some new developments. Where are you Marivaid?:rolleyes1

I'm ashamed to say I have done NO planning yet. :guilty:
Haven't even looked into ADRs. I may regret this very soon... I did look at the park hours, and was a bit disappointed because AK only has evening EMH once while we're there, and that's on the day we're supposed to move over to I-Drive !!!

Now that I think of it, better call & get that reservation for House of Blues since that's the one we seem to really wanna do.

Oh evening EMH's at AK are amazing. I only got to do it once because I think they are Wednesdays and we almost always do a midweek to midweek trip, so it's either our arrival day or departure day or both! We're managing it for our trip in August. If you've never done it try to fit it in, it's so relaxed and it looks different at night, you never get to see that!

Well, I think the trip may not happen, because I'm about to go to my mother's and tell her off big time.

So, I've moved out PARTIALLY in mid-January.Since I don't have my driver's license and had to rely on my father for transportation - which, trust me, is easier said than done, I still have quite a bit of stuff left at their house. Considering it's in my room which they have no use for, I don't see what the problem is. I move stuff as fast as I can, WHEN my dad agrees to give me a ride with the stuff. I offered to pay to rent a small truck so we could do it all at once but he said no, he will not drive a truck. Whatever.

Well today my mother & my sister was at the house and since they were bored and had nothing to do they decided to sort through and pack MY stuff. I call her up tonight to see what she's doing and she just says that to me with a laugh.

Now this is my mother we're talking about. We haven't met yesterday. She's known since I was like twelve not to touch my things without me present. She's learned that when I ran away for two days when she decided it was a good idea to go through my desk and shelves and to throw away what I "did not need". She HAD to know it would drive me bonkers.

Anyway, first thing Tuesday I'm asking my friend if he can drive the store's delivery truck from their house to my apartment this week and I'm getting everything there is. I don't give a rat's butt if they "don't like strangers in their house". I don't like people going through my things, we're even.

Apparently I wasn't packing fast enough for her. She seems to forget that I haven't had four weeks of vacation in the past 2 months like she's had. I've had one day a week, and on those days I had superfun things to do like laundry.

It baffles me that my mom keeps on doing those things SHE KNOWS will make me crazy mad after all this time. She can go to Florida by herself and see how much fun she'll have. :mad:

Aww, Marina. I can totally relate. I a private person myself, and went through this kind of thing many times with many different people. I can understand how invasive it feels. Hopefully things will work out just fine for you. I know how badly you wanna go... and see 'Jovi'. :cool1: Sending good vibes your way!!!! :hug: ----------Autumn

P.S. You can always go in late Sept. when we are!!! LOL We could have a blast! ;)

Maybe Grumpy is feeling a bit odd for you to move out. My mother basically did the same thing the last time I moved out of their second trailer. She and one of her friends packed up a bunch of stuff and then she even gave some stuff I was saving to her friend's daughter. :confused3

and this was after she said I could leave the stuff there as long as a liked. Not to rush. :confused3

pixiedust:

don't cancel Disney just yet.

Aww, Marina. I can totally relate. I a private person myself, and went through this kind of thing many times with many different people. I can understand how invasive it feels. Hopefully things will work out just fine for you. I know how badly you wanna go... and see 'Jovi'. :cool1: Sending good vibes your way!!!! :hug: ----------Autumn

P.S. You can always go in late Sept. when we are!!! LOL We could have a blast! ;)

Maybe Grumpy is feeling a bit odd for you to move out. My mother basically did the same thing the last time I moved out of their second trailer. She and one of her friends packed up a bunch of stuff and then she even gave some stuff I was saving to her friend's daughter. :confused3

and this was after she said I could leave the stuff there as long as a liked. Not to rush. :confused3

pixiedust:

don't cancel Disney just yet.

Well I just got back from there and my mom was very agressive, I replied that if she wanted to get rid of me so badly then maybe she should take Jessica with her this summer. :rotfl:

This is EXACTLY what she told me when I got my apartment. My parents are moving themselves in late August, they don't need my room for anything. It's not like they can start packing and want to put the boxes in my room, they don't even HAVE boxes ! Heck I wasn't supposed to move until June, but I found a place accross the street from my job, a place I love, and couldn't pass it up.
I moved about 3 blocks away from their house, and we agreed it would be stupid to pay for movers, that we would bring stuff up every week - which is exactly what I've been doing. But I've been very busy this past month and didn't bring much. I don't get why suddenly there was a need for me to get my stuff out ASAP.

Oh and the best part - I went to check what they did. Well mostly what they did was take what I had put in huge boxes (too big for me to carry), things I had no need for in the immediate future like old videotapes, stuffed animals etc... well they took what was in the huge boxes and put them into smaller ones. I told my mom that it was very useful indeed - now all I had to do was take everything out again because I had brought the boxes so that I could bring stuff home that I actually need.

Sometimes I just don't get people. Why do something that you know is going to make someone mad ???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter