Tailgating in parking garage?

Buschfan

Mouseketeer
Thinking about bringing some sandwiches and eating lunch out of the mini-van this weekend. I want to take advantage of parking in the shade for once. We are also going with 2 other families from my work who are also buying annual passes this weekend. They have the same idea. Is there anyone who has done this? Are there signs against doing this?

Feel free to do this. I believe robvia did this last time I met him out there. It will also give you a nice chance to relax and have time away from the crowds for an hour or so.

Great! We will make an early morning stop to get some provisions before we park. Any grocery stores between Florida Mall area and Universal that we can hit that anyone knows about?

Just a Heads up on this.
You can tailgate, I believe but it gets so hot out in that parking garage that it pisses some people off. Also, Security patrols the garages and might give you a hard time.But have fun

Futhermore, there's a SuperWal-mart on Kirkman Rd. which is the main road in front of UO and there's one on the corner of Sand Lake and John Young its kinda hard to give directions so take a peek at a map.

There is a Publix at the corner of Kirkman and Conroy. It is about 1/2 mile from the park.

I really can't believe that Security would give you a hard time -- unless you spread out a blanket in the middle of a lane. :D

The only problem would be if you got stuck on the roof, where it does get hot. If that happens, just tell a parking attendant you don't wish to park on the roof and they'll direct you to a lower level. At least they should. If they don't just drive to the exit and you'll find a way to nose into another level.

Just keep in mind that it's quite a hike back to the parking lot from either park.

I've got to agree with KAMLEM. We've done what you're talking about at other parks before (and I don't think you'll have any kind of a problem at all), but it is a LONG hike back and forth from that parking garage.

Thanks for the grocery store and tailgating tips. It would be a bummer to get the top of the garage. Really forgot about the distance. I have not been there since the garage first opened and IOA was no open yet. Just remember walking around all the construction areas. We were thinking about heading out to Sea World in the middle the day if the crowds got bad and going back to in the evening when people are leaving. We would have to make the walk anyway. I know Memorial day weekend is not the best time to go. Just wanted to use our annual passes as soon as we bought them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter