Tablets/Ipads okay to take on rides?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by msd1776, Apr 20, 2013.

1. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

I have seen people around Disney World with their IPads and I must confess at the time I thought they were NUTS but guess what I want to take with me on my next trip?? Yes, my IPad. Assuming the device is secured, are they safe to take on the rides? Some rides have a lot of jostling so I want to make sure. Thanks in advance for any help.

If it matters, I do have mine in a Lifeproof case and my DD is in a Survivor case.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. delilah

delilah DIS Veteran

I haven't taken mine, but, I see a lot of people with them in the parks. I think it would get a little heavy to take along all day. I have an I phone, which gives me most of the same type of infomation.

4. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

What kind of Survivor Case is large enough to fit your DD in? :stir:

5. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

Lol...I hope that made you smile or giggle! I meant to get across she has a iPad mini and we have a survivor case for her iPad mini.

6. bopper

bopper <font color=green>Which way to the Hundred Acre Wo

Are you one of those people who takes pictures with their iPad? Those people crack me up.

7. Elleshoodat

Elleshoodat DIS Veteran

Ugh, me too -- and not in a good way.

8. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

I don't have one so I don't know how fragile they are but I have an IPhone in a skull candy case and have left the phone on my the roof of the car and driven off and launched it off and skipped it across the road.

And phone still works.

So I'd think it would be okay.

9. shaymin2348

shaymin2348 Small grass Pokemon

I imagine they would. You'd just have to hold it

10. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

Regarding taking pictures with the iPad I don't feel as though they turn out that great especially since there is not a flash. Sadly the reason I am asking is to check work email from time to time.

11. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

Sorry that happened to you but I am glad your phone is okay. Thanks for sharing.

12. PrincessSamanthaC

PrincessSamanthaC Mouseketeer

Personally for the amount of money they are I wouldn't even want to chance it

13. lylone

lylone All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura

Why do u need an ipad/tablet in the parks. Isn't there enough entertainment. Wanna take a picture.. buy a decent camera. My tablet stays in the room and is used for reading on the plane.

14. msd1776

msd1776 Mouseketeer

That is along the lines of my thinking too..it is just hard in my job to be unplugged for as long as I am going to be out of the office and there is always down time waiting in lines..good multitasking.

15. PinkBudgie

PinkBudgie <font color=deeppink>Expert Disneyland Snowball Ma

I will be bringing my Kindle Fire HD to the parks this summer because it has a wireless plan (small, but for $50 for the year, a good deal). We don't have smart phones and I was wanting to use it to check for wait times. Last summer we brought our smaller Kindle Fire to DLR (just DH and I) and sometimes we played games together in line. I can take it or leave it for that.

But I just thought I would toss in that some people might want a tablet with them for a reason like that- to help with the parks. (Although, we may be the only people left in America who do not own smart phones) We have a hard cases for it, and keep it in the back pack in a plastic bag. Never had any problem with it going on rides. And DH carries the backpack, so weight isn't an issue for me. ;)

16. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

I think if someone really wants to bring one, they will no matter what. The issue really tends to be whether or not that person is courteous to those around them when using it to take pictures or video.

17. FigmentHair

FigmentHair Earning My Ears

This would be my fear taking one in the park too.

18. Pinocchio #1 Fan

Pinocchio #1 Fan Believer in the power of Hakuna Matata!

A few weeks ago I was getting on Radiator Springs Racers at DL, and the woman behind me in line was playing with her ipad the entire time she was in line. As she went to put it away, she managed to drop it, face down, into where you step down into the car. She picked it up, and the entire screen was cracked in multiple places. It was in one of those secure things with a cover, buy the cover had opened on the way down. After we got off the ride, my wife and I agreed she was never bringing her tablet to an amusement park.

19. agavegirl1

agavegirl1 DIS Veteran

I would be scared to take an ipad for photos into the park. My iphone, in a candy case is okay for pics I can't use a flash for. I was in Florence last fall and the ipad seemed to be the photo device of choice for everyone in the churches that allow photography but no flash. I used my phone. Walking through an Italian cathedral is one thing, BTMRR is another.

20. Dizisfun

Dizisfun Mouseketeer

My daughter does this......and she has a phone that takes pics so idk why she takes pics with her iPad.

21. JamesSellDE

JamesSellDE Hey from Delaware

I would be scared that it'll fall out