Tabletop Christmas Tree Decorations

Brise Nannie

DIS Veteran
We'll be part of a Magical Gathering making a trip to WDW in December and I want to surprise my 2 grandsons, DD, her DH, and my parents with tabletop Christmas trees in their rooms. Does anyone have any ideas :idea: for decorations for the trees? I want to decorate them myself since I didn't realize how expensive this can get when you're talking 3 trees! It's a secret so I can't rightly say to them, "Hey, bring some of your Diz decorations with ya when you pack your bags!" :rotfl: Suggestions for crafted or store bought decorations are greatly appreciated! :thanks:

I dont know how old they are buy why not take some hard candy, they are colorful and then can be eaten and not have to be packed back home. You can also try christmas stickers on some foam board that you cut into the shape of the sticker. That would keep the decor very cheap.

Ribbon bows and candy canes look pretty, are easy to pack and take up room on a tree

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions! So easy and yet I was making it harder than it had to be by overthinking. :blush: Now if only I could find 3 nice looking mini trees. Some I've seen online look like Charlie Brown's. :rotfl:

I've seen some fairly nice ones at Michaels, JoAnns & Wal-Mart in past years. They put them out early enough that you should feel stressed about waiting to see them either. :rolleyes: The one I have would be too large to pack, but I got it at an independent hardware store years ago. That might be another place to check, although they'll put out the Christmas stuff later than Mikes et al.

I think the candy idea sounds great! I have some glass ornaments that are shaped like wrapped hard candy & lollipops and I always use candy canes.

You know, WM usually carries strings of beads for garland for about a dollar. They also have lots of mini ornaments pretty cheap.

I am trying to do the same idea...we are going the week of thanksgiving with MIL so the boys wont be seeing Grandma for christmas so we are decorating our rooms and bringing small trees too...It is a surprise for MIL and the boys to decorate the rooms...I am having a hard time finding trees also that are small enough to decorate and bring in a suitcase..although I might just ship them to our resort...I will check back here to see if I can "borrow" any other ideas I like the idea of ribbon esp if I can find Disney ribbon...Good luck and have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter