Tables in Wonderland- VENT! and Questions?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Goldilocks07, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Goldilocks07

Goldilocks07 DIS Veteran

We leave for Disney tomorrow :cool1: and go straight to the AKL. We are interested in purchasing TIW- but I was told you can ONLY purchase this at the Parks or DTD.
    I find this extremely frustrating and annoying, due to the fact we are eating at BOMA tomorrow night and I'd like to use the discount card there. I won't have time (or the energy) to take a bus to a park to get the pass (we don't have a car). This is so annoying and a waste of time.

Why can't we buy them at our hotels, online, or anywhere else that is more convenient????????? :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

Because those are the rules Disney has set up.

And you used to have to order by phone or snail mail as the only methods and it would take several weeks to get the card in the mail.

And the cards are on special stock and only available at the GR ticket printing machines.

4. owl0306

owl0306 Mouseketeer

um run to ak and get it before you go to akl

5. Santa

Santa DIS Veteran

Yeah!

You do not need to enter the park. Maybe as soon as you get checked-in you can catch a bus to AK & go to the guest relations window. It's a hassle but worth it in the long run. :thumbsup2

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

You can buy TIW at guest relations outside the gate without entering the park. If you don't have a car and you are not staying at AKL you will be changing buses at the park anyway. If you are staying at AKL you can use a bus or taxi to run over to AK. Make sure you bring your qualifying documentation (annual pass, proof of Florida residency or DVC membership card, depending on which you are using).

7. Lorelei528

Lorelei528 DIS Veteran

I was in the same situation two years ago...we checked in to AKL, settled my mom in (who was 85 at the time) and DH and I took a cab to AK. We had the cab wait, it took about 5 mins and went back to AKL to enjoy our dinner at Sanaa that night.

:goodvibes

8. Goldilocks07

Goldilocks07 DIS Veteran

Drats... I thought you all would say that.

What a pain in Mickey's rear. Last thing I want to do after traveling all with a cranky husband a 20 month old is go back out, hop on a bus and go to AK and back.

Bah humbug. :sad:

9. ScottOKW2K

ScottOKW2K Wishing I was working for a REAL Mickey Mouse oper

Then don't. Without looking prices up I would guess you would save about $15 on the meal at Boma. Would I go to a theme park and back for that much after traveling - most likely not. Don't worry about the discount, enjoy your meal at Boma, and rest and relax afterwards. You're on Vacation !

10. DEA

DEA DIS Veteran

Eh. If the husband is that cranky, leave him and the 20 month old at the resort, by the pool, perhaps with a cold beverage for the husband, while you get some alone time (albeit on a bus), and pick up the card to save the bucks. That could be 30 minutes of blessed solitude at that point. :thumbsup2

11. Minerva Mouse

Minerva Mouse DIS Veteran

Exactly what I was thinking. :flower3:

12. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

:thumbsup2
    :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Rules are rules. Sometimes they don't make sense. We have to pick up our DVC renewal passes at the park. Can't do it at the resort. Not really a big deal.

13. JennyDrake

JennyDrake Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

Just FYI- you are more fortunate now that years ago when you could ONLY get TiW at DTD guest relations or via snail mail. I got mine renewed at AK last year and it took less than 5 minutes.

14. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

15. cdtommie

cdtommie Beerman, DVC BWV/BCV/VWL/BLT, no steak, slushies o

I faxed in the form about a month before we left for our October trip and had the card in about ten days. A bonus to this method is that you receive a laminated card instead of the crappy paper version used at the parks. This is a pretty convenient way to to get the card.

16. emacosta1

emacosta1 Earning My Ears

Ok what's a TIW?

17. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Tables in Wonderland. A discount dining card for AP holders, DVC members and FL residents. Www.tablesinwonderland.com.

18. topmonkeygirl

topmonkeygirl DIS Veteran

Kind of the same thing but different. We ordered photo pass plus and you have to exchange the piece of paper you get in the mail at a shop just inside the park. I made ADR's for Tuskar House at 8:00, the shop doesn't open until 9:30. I was told I could get the picture taken, go get the card, bring it back to Tuskar and have it put on the card. Really? Why are they not at Guest Relations? Sometimes Disney just makes things such a pain in the butt. I just wanted you to know I know where you're coming from.

19. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

My exact thought as well. I seldom book any ADR for within 6 hrs of my planned arrival..way too many things can go wrong that would prevent me from getting to that ADR.