Tables in Wonderland and AP discount

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by pinksand, Jan 15, 2013.

1. pinksand

pinksand Mouseketeer

We're AP holders planning to get the TW card. I also see that a couple of places we're dining at (San Angel Restaurant, for example) participates in both TW AND in the AP Dining discount. Can I use both my AP discount (10%) and my TW card (20%) at the same time when dining there?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

No, you can only use one or the other. Obviously the 20% is the better deal but keep in mind that TIW includes alcoholic beverages where the AP discount does not.

4. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

No, you cannot stack discounts.

5. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Sorry - no discount stacking allowed. In most cases, TIW will be the better discount.

6. JZCubed

JZCubed DIS Veteran

Be careful, I believe that San Angel (or one of the EPCOT Mexican restaurants) recently stopped taking TiW. Double-check for 2013.

7. sigepmike

sigepmike Mouseketeer

Hacienda doesn't take TIW. San Angel Inn does.

8. cigar95

cigar95 DIS weakest link

. . . which is a bit surprising because they are owned and run by the same company.

Back on topic - there are a few places that at least sometimes have a better discount witth the AP - the Levy-owned restaurants - Portobello, Wolfgang Puck, and Fulton's - have had AP discounts as high as 30% in the past.

9. Dizzytime

Dizzytime DIS Veteran

Don't know about Hacienda, but we used TIW at San Angel last Friday for dinner no problem.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

10. Kay1

Kay1 <font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b

Just one thing I wanted to add is that we had lunch at one of the restaurants that takes TIW on a holiday and it wasn't accepted. However, the server asked if we were DVC members or AP holders (we are) and they were accepted. I think it was Olivia's, but other restaurants accept both so if you go on a holiday, it's worth checking.

Have a very nice time.

:)

11. Jestocost

Jestocost DIS Veteran

There are holiday blackout dates where the TiW card may not be used. They are clearly spelled out on the Web site and in the information you get with the card.

Note that most of the AP restaurant discounts are available for lunch only.

12. pinksand

pinksand Mouseketeer

THANK YOU!! I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. That makes my choice a lot easier.