Table Service - Best Use

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi

Is there a best use of Deluxe Table Service Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners thread.

Thanks.

What do you mean by Best Use? What's your party makeup?

I am the only one using it and I enjoy a good meal, although I won't use two credits for a Signature restaurant since I'll be doing them the rest of my trip.

I am going one night solo at Poly Villas before meeting my family at GFVs. My GFVs, we are not doing DDP so I thought I would just try it myself for the one night.
I am arriving about 12 pm and will need to have a dinner the check out day.
I enjoy a good meal with good food and service. I have a PAP so can go anywhere and don't mind doing so to keep myself busy.

I would like to get the most bang for my buck since I cannot see myself doing this again and want to see if I can come out ahead, although I know I have to pay
for my own drinks.

Hi

Is there a best use of Deluxe Table Service Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners thread.

Thanks.
Define "best use." The highest cost single-credit places are Akershus and the Fantasmic! packages at Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose.

Define "best use." The highest cost single-credit places are Akershus and the Fantasmic! packages at Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose.

Thank you. That is the "best use" I was talking about. It is just me for one night and want to see if I can beat the system.
Is the Fantasmic package one TS?
I'll be alone so it will be my little game LOL
Thanks.

What do you mean by Best Use? What's your party makeup?

It's just me for one night before moving on to family LOL
I wanted to stay at the Poly Villas since I will not spend that many points for a two bedroom there when I can go somewhere else
but I'm meeting my mom (while my family stays home) and on September 11 (she will already be there with a friend) and decided to go solo one night (September 10).

so you want to attend the most expensive one credit restaurants. Fantasmic package is one TS at either Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine (except between May 4 and June 14 when Hollywood & Vine dinner will be 2 credits due to the Star Wars special character meals). Brown Derby is 2 credits. At all resturants in DHS the lunch and dinner will cost the same except for special events, so you won't be getting more value by picking dinner.

If you don't do character dining or signatures, it's hard to make Deluxe work.

Based on my calc, if you assume $3 for each snack and ignore the resort mug, you need about $34 per meal to break even. If you factor in TIW, that's $43 per meal.

We only hit that with say Akershus for breakfast then Narcoossee's for dinner (DH gets the surf and turf that's about $80). Most breakfast places are around $30, except for Akershus and Chef Mickey's.

Lunch and dinner (assuming you get the most expensive options) that will go over $40 for app + entree + dessert: Tutto, Coral Reef, Wave, Grand Floridian Cafe, Kona-dinner, BOG-dinner.

If you get in around lunch, I'd go for an early dinner, then lunch and dinner the following day.

What?? I agree with Akershus, but the F! package is not the highest price when you're doing DELUXE dining that includes an app with your meal. You can go to Coral Reef and get a $13 app, $32 steak, and a $9 dessert...that's $54 before tax and way more than the $39 F! package.

OP, we've talked before, you probably need to go to allearsnet.com or use the menus on wdwinfo.com and look at the restaurants that interest you. Almost any restaurant will maximize your credits. Some of the restaurants that will NOT would be 50s Prime Time and Sci-Fi at HS and The Plaza at MK.

What?? I agree with Akershus, but the F! package is not the highest price when you're doing DELUXE dining that includes an app with your meal. You can go to Coral Reef and get a $13 app, $32 steak, and a $9 dessert...that's $54 before tax and way more than the $39 F! package.

OP, we've talked before, you probably need to go to allearsnet.com or use the menus on wdwinfo.com and look at the restaurants that interest you. Almost any restaurant will maximize your credits. Some of the restaurants that will NOT would be 50s Prime Time and Sci-Fi at HS and The Plaza at MK.

Thank you again Sharonabe!
I will book Ohana now and what should I do about check out day?
Lunch and Dinner? (I don't eat red meat so no steak but everything else is a go LOL).
I ate at Ohana over Christmas/NYE and was fine with the selections. I'll be at the Poly anyway so good choice.

So many choices!

Perhaps Kona either instead of Ohana or for breakfast.
Coral Reef for lunch or dinner
Chefs de France or Tutto for lunch or dinner
Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner (since you're headed that way)

Lots of fish and chicken choices on all of the above.

I just went to book Ohana and I can book for two people but no times for one person? 8:00 pm on arrival day which would
be great. I called and they said couldn't do for one person but only for two. I am not sure if I should book it or not do you think
I should book and then cancel the second person the day before or just show up without the person?

I am already eating in Chefs de France and Italian during my trip but I do like the Grand Floridian Café. Maybe Coral Reef.

What should I do about Ohana?

Just book 2 and show up as 1. Not a problem to go down in head count.
Thank you.
That is what I thought but the CM on the phone told me I would be charged $10.
I was just with a group of 25-30 people last week for my ds's HS baseball games at Wide World of Sports and
sometimes people didn't show up in our group but we were not penalized but wasn't sure if it was just because we had so many people.
Thank you.
I will book for two.

The CM was wrong.

Thank you very much for reconfirming this with me. I could only make my ressies for two people so hopefully should be okay.

Thank you again.

So, this is what I did and let me know if it sounds that I am utilizing the Deluxe plan. It is a lot of food for me but we never get the plan and really just wanted to try it and have some of the meal pre paid since I will be purchasing alcohol and the tip.

Staying at Poly Villas one night solo before heading to GF Villas with family. I exercise a lot and also run so dont mind long walks, see below:

Arrival day:
Dinner at Ohana at about 8:15 pm

Check Out Day:
Monorail to Epcot
Lunch at Coral Reef

Thought then later I would walk from Epcot to HS by going through Boardwalk to do the park. Walk from HS to Boardwalk for dinner.

Dinner at Cape May.

After dinner walk back to Epcot to catch monorail to GF. Meeting my family about
9 pm.

I was originally going to try to hit all four parks but since I have a long day after check out thinking getting up early, working out, back to room to shower and leave at check out.

What do you think? I think I have two snack credits too to use.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
If you go with the three you have now, assuming the DxDP is $109.54 for one night, and I used 6% tax as an estimate:
Cape May dinner: $40.46
Ohana dinner: $40.46
OOP tip: around $8 each

For coral reef lunch:
$12.99 app + $29.99 entrée + $8.99 dessert + $5 drink + %3.40 tax = $60.37
OOP tip: around $11
For the DxDP drink we usually get the nonalcoholic pina cola here and I think it was around $5-6.

Snacks, assume 2 $4 items
Plus 1 refillable mug: $17.99

Total Cost: $40.46 + $40.46 + $60 + $9 + $17.99 = $168.28
Actual cost of food – cost of plan : $58.74 in savings
OOP cost: $27 in tips + no quick service = $27 total OOP cost.

However if instead you do Narcossee Dinner and Coral Reef lunch. I based the prices on what I would order, which was not necessarily the most expensive on the menu:

$16 app + $69 entree + $12 dessert +$8.75 pellegrino drink + $6.3 tax= $112.05
Oop tip: around $20
My mom was able to get a large Pellegrino included in the DxDP here but I’m not sure if that was a fluke or not. Other places gave a small size and the price was around $4-5.

So for 1 lunch and 1 dinner + 2 snacks + 1 refillable mug you get $112.05 + $60.37 +$9 + $17.99= $199.41

Actual cost of food – cost of plan : $199.41 – $109.54 = $89.87 in savings
OOP cost: $31 in tips, and 1 quick service entrée (since no more credits) $ 11 = $41 total OOP cost.

It is an extra $14 OOP to do the 1 signature dinner and 1 lunch vs the 1 lunch and 2 dinners. But you are able to get $31.13 worth of more food included with the 3 credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter