Tab and Greg PJ: 9/30/08 - Update! Our "Highlights" video from Cinema Chic

Thank you all so much - we're so happy. I've done 4 contracts without him (that's 16 months) and it's hard! This will be a really fun way for us to start our married life together.

Also, our "guest book" photo is done, so I'l get to pick it up this weekend.

And just for fun, we've signed up for the Disneymoon Registry... AND Owner's Locker.

Thanks, I'm pleased with them. Now hopefully they'll be reasonably comfortable all night!

I can't decide if I like these for centre pieces...

ostrich_feather_wedding_centerpieces.gif

Ultimately I think they work with the vintage theme/vibe, but they are too big and busy for small tables and a small room like the Whitehall Room. Now if we were doing it in the Atlantic Dance Hall... Look out.

But I think I prefer the idea I saw in Martha Stewart's most recent wedding magazine - small tables, champagne bucket as centre piece - including a chilled bottle of champagne. Add a few candles and rose petals, and I think we'd have a very pretty table.

I'm so happy. My sister is visiting me this week on the ship, and she brought the invitations with her, so I finally get to see them in person. They're small, but I like them. Saves paper! Save a tree!

She did an amazing job addressing them all - she learned calligraphy cause she wanted to address the envelopes. Sweet. They look pretty.

We did a custom postage stamp, too. It's a picture of my dog, Scooter, wearing a bow tie. It's ridiculous, and I love it. I'll try to get some time next week to upload the image so's you all can see it.

The project for the week is final assembly. We're lining the envelopes with a pretty paper, and adding in a slip of paper inviting people to write any dietary needs on the RSVP cards - since bonehead me didn't think to have that information added...

They'll be in the mail by May 26th! Hooray!

Yay - invitation sightings have been reported. People are booking rooms this week... wedding stuff!

Also, I booked Patricia LeJeune for her oh-so precise cosmetic application. I love the way her work looks. Precise!

Wow. We've made a music decision! Amazing!

I decided a while back that I wanted to walk down the aisle to a Beatles tune. It was some of the only music in the house growing up, and I love it. I recently bought a couple of Beatles CDs to load into my woefully underprogrammed iPod (seriously, it's embarrassing) and every time "Something" came on, I'd get all dreamy. I could picture it. But I thought it might be a bit presumptuous. The lyrics are all "she's so awesome, I love her like crazy" (paraphrasing) - so I thought it'd be a bit vain to pick that for my entrance...

Well, I was chatting with Greg tonight, and I mentioned that I was thinking about the Beatles. And he said... "What about that Beatles song - 'Something'? I think of you every time I hear it. I put it on a CD for you on your first ship contract..."

Whaaaaaa?

So. That's the one. Something - possibly George Harrison's finest bit of writing.

The RSVPs are rolling in... And by "rolling", I mean we've gotten 3!
I'm so excited!

Wow! Lots of stuff coming together for you. And what a sweet story about the Beatles song... :cloud9: Apparently Greg thinks you're awesome and loves you like crazy!

WOO HOO for getting responses!!!!!!!! That's very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lynn! I'm maybe a bit more giddy than I need to be for 8 RSVPs, but there you go... That's me in a nutshell.

I finish my contract on the ship on Sunday the 23rd, and fly from New York to Orlando, where I will meet up with Greg (and my mom!) to attend our Planning Session!

I will report as much as I can, but I must admit, I forget to take photos of stuff.

The goal is to be savvy in the session and not get side tracked with a lot of stuff it'd be NICE to have. I have to keep on track, I'd really like to not get a BEO that drives me to drink.

You are leaving this weekend for you PS, have fun PLEASE take lots of pictures....that way we can live vicariously through you.. popcorn::

Everything looks great so far, love the BM's dresses. Yay for your DF getting the job with you. So how do you like sailing? My mom is hte DofMarketing for Royal so she goes on all of their member cruises and is always complaining, that everyone has to work way too much.

I shall do my best! I get off the ship at 8:45am, and I'll be on my way! I'll document as best I can...

I like the job a lot, most people do work a LOT. We're lucky, our contract leaves most of our time as free/spare time. We just do our shows, and then the rest of the time we have full passenger access. We're lazy.

We're home from the PS, and it went GREAT. Long, but great. We're really happy with our choices. Having put together a document with 'visual sources' really helped, and now I'm convinced that all the elements will work together beautifully. But we're remaining mentally flexible because we're pretty much positive we blew past our budget.

The tasting was INSANE, absolutely fantastic. We're super excited about our menu, which we fully customized.

And... my gown fit! So far all we need to do is trim the netting overlay. I think I'll buy a different pair of shoes, though. The sparkly shoes catch on the netting - and that's no good!

I'll post in more detail later, but I'm stage managing a friend's Fringe Festival show, and I need to add notations to my script so I don't mess up tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter