T-Tex Cafe--have you found a great menu item?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Belle5, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

We went in May and loved it. I would say the food is a lot like Applebees--while tasty enough--it's the atmosphere that is so awesome. I can't remember anything we ate--I think I had fish tacos and they were good. Any other recommendations?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

4. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

We go for the nachos :) and the fried mozz, the ribs are good too. I come home and start the search for nachos as good as T-Rex. Haven't found them yet :sad1: We haven't had a sit down meal. Just apps.

5. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

its fun, but the food is so-so. I actually liked it better than the Rainforest Cafe

6. wondergirl

wondergirl Earning My Ears

Yean, I agree with you, I love the atmosphere too.

It is fantastic.

7. disneygal55

disneygal55 DIS Veteran

I love the french onion soup....soooo good!

8. Jillpie

Jillpie Can you package some Main St. music and send it to

The ribs were finger licking GOOD!! The waffle fries and cinnamon apple sides were absolutely delicious!! Will definitely be going back.:thumbsup2

9. aharbin88

aharbin88 DIS Veteran

Great thread! :thumbsup2We're going there for the first time next Friday, so I'll be interested in the responses you get!

10. Luv4Disney

Luv4Disney DIS Veteran

DH and I really like the flatbread appetizer - the one with the chicken and bbq sauce!

11. lucyem

lucyem DIS Veteran

We had a really great meal there last Feb. The Pteradactyl Salad was great but nothing beats the Meteor Bites for dessert - Warm chocolate and vanilla donut holes with powdered sugar. Served with caramel and chocolate sauces. Heavenly :)

12. thunderbug548

thunderbug548 DIS Veteran

Not an entree but if you have a large party, at least 4-5 people if not more, the Chocolate Extinction dessert is the coolest and yummiest there is. 4 thick slabs of the best brownie/cake, mounds of vanilla ice cream, caramel and chocolate syrup, whipped cream (tastes real) and butterfinger crumbs. Very rich but oh so good! We've been going there for a couple of years now for my ds' birthdays. Sometimes we just get drinks and dessert!

13. sohappy

sohappy DIS Veteran

I love the omnivore salad- BEST.EVER! I plan to have it for lunch tomorrow :)))

14. PatsMom

PatsMom <font color=blue>Sometimes has Dory moments!<br><f

I get such a headache from the noise level that nothing tastes good. Same problem I have with the Rainforest Cafe. Take ibuprofen before entering!

15. Sorrel

Sorrel Mouseketeer

We are 2 adults of an age where we don't easily mention our ages, and we loved T Rex last year!! We went in afew times, liked the flatbread a lot, and would have it at the bar wth a couple of drinks at night. We can't really remember the other menu items, but disn't really have a bad food experience....the atmosphere was fab regardless! Burgers were fine. We intend to have a full table meal here during our Jan/Feb visit next year, as well as some cocktails and snacks! :cool1:

16. cbh

cbh I am fairly certain if given a cape and a nice tia

I had roasted chicken when we ate there this summer. It was quite good - very moist and flavorful.

17. Belle5

Belle5 DIS Veteran

OP here...any chance you were in (or near) the Ice Room? I have heard of others who are prone to migraines having trouble in the Ice Room. I was worried about it, so I asked to NOT be seated in there.

18. loxie

loxie Mouseketeer

I thought the traissic tortellini was amazing, it was actually the best thing I ate the whole trip.

19. Tinkh

Tinkh DIS Veteran

Mushroom ravioli is delicious.

20. MyVirtueAidan

MyVirtueAidan Mouseketeer

We went there for the 1st time in May and had an awesome meal there!!! My Son really got a kick out of our app!

[​IMG]

I got the Ribs and they were soo good!!!! Hubby got the Chicken Fried Steak and he still talks about it!

Already made our ADR for this one!!!