T-Rex- ADR or Sit at the bar?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by hugApug, Oct 21, 2012.

1. hugApug

hugApug The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e

We'll be at WDW next June, and I'd love to try a few of the appetizers and a cotton-tini at TRex. The question is, would the 2 of us be able to find a seat at the bar on a weeknight, or should we make a dinner reservation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

I would make a reservation. We ended up sitting in the aquarium area of the restaurant and really enjoyed the atmosphere.

I did not make a reservation two years ago and ended up with a short wait for a table of 2, maybe 15 minutes. I am not sure if we were lucky or if tables come up quickly for 2 people sooner at T-Rex.

It's a fun, loud and crowded place to eat. A must do for us each trip.

4. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

As a walk up when the wait was far too long, my DS12 and i would sit at the bar. its still pretty cool because the bar changes color along with the ice room during the meteor shower. and you also have a view of the aquarium right in front of you. If you can swing it, get a table inside the ice room. although no matter where you end up it will be great. love that place.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

5. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

We had a reservation the first time we were there. Never bothered again. We always sit at the bar now! Love it! The nachos are sooo good! There are usually 3 of us and always get a seat.:)

6. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

We always get the nachos. my son LOVES them.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

7. hugApug

hugApug The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e

Thanks everyone for your replies! Sorry for my late thank you :sick:. We'll likely try to sit at the bar instead of making reservations. We plan our park days out, but tend to visit Downtown Disney on a whim. I'm excited to try out the nachos now!

8. Ro Z

Ro Z DIS Veteran

Enjoy!!!

9. cupcakefairy2u

cupcakefairy2u Its just me the cupcake fairy

When we were there last week we ate there on Friday night without a Ressie we were a group of 6 and walked up at 6:45 and had a table in 40 min we timed it LOL . We had to wade through all the people waiting and then there are the 2 lines people stand in that confused others and they wouldnt let us through after our name was called . So we could have cut off 10 min there if others had read the DIS and knew what to do :rolleyes1