T-Mobile Connection at WDW

mjasw263

Earning My Ears
So we switched to T-Mobile about a year or so ago. Ya, it saves some money, but our calls get dropped a lot and we also notice there is far less service than when we were with AT&T. Does anyone have any input on T-Mobile coverage at WDW? We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in late October. I'm concerned because my husband and I were planning to go in two directions with the kids and I want to be able to communicate with him. Thanks!

I switched from at&t (bad coverage at home) to t-mobile before our last Disney trip and had no problems with coverage. We stayed at the Dolphin and went to MK and Epcot....

I switched to T-Mobile last November just before our trip, and I didn't have any signal issues at all. Funnily enough, there were a few times I had more bars than my family, and they're all on Verizon. :thumbsup2

good to hear, we are on T Mobile too. We use the wifi calling alot, sounds like we won't need it in the parks

If you asked a few years ago, I'd say that T-Mo's signal at WDW wasn't very good. However, it seems to be fine now...at least outdoors. The signal can go bad in some attractions (Soarin comes to mind), but I think you'll find that to be the case with most of the carriers. If you're using T-Mo Wi-Fi calling, I'd probably disable that while in the park...Wi-fi, although better than in the past, is still kind of spotty.

Do you have a phone with Band 12? That makes a big difference with t-mobile. We went a couple years ago before they rolled out Band 12 and service wasn't great. We went last month and between cellular and wifi, we didn't have any issues.

I have never had any problems with my phone (T-Mobile) while being out and about in the parks. It might not work great inside the rides. But like others have recommended, turn off the Wi-Fi calling feature while you are there. Mainly because the Wi-Fi at WDW is not the best, so that can cause you to drop some calls if you are using the feature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter