Switching to a gty booking.

Bigdog2003

Earning My Ears
We have a 10a booked on the fantasy in may and really want to switch to a ocean view instead. We are on deck 5 right now and are looking to switch to a 8d gty. The question I have is should we give up our assigned room to go to a gty booking.

Your travel agent should be able to crunch the numbers to determine how good a deal it is. If its an OGT rate you'll lose any OBC you got for OBB and you can't apply you 10%off either. If you're upgrading to a GTY status you should still keep your benefits. But you won't have the ability to pick your room.

It is a gty booking not an ogt. It will only be about 100 more for us to do it and we would at least have a window and be on the same floor.

You won't necessarily be on the same deck as they could upgrade you on a GTY. You might end up on a different deck. If the deck means a lot to you, maybe keep what you have.

I'm not as familiar with the Dream class ships so I won't speak to floor but an upgrade from inside to ocean view for $100 without loosing perks is not a bad deal. Crap shoot on what room you'll end up with though.

The floor doesn't really mean to much. We looked at a ocean view on deck 2 but just didn't want to be that low. That's why we are looking at a gty.

Well just looked and it seems that we missed changing as they don't have any 8d rooms showing anymore.:sad2:

That's a bummer. Keep checking though. Theres a bug in DCL's reservation system that reserves a room when you look at it. My brother once inadvertently blocked off a while bunch of rooms while searching around. We thought people were snatching them up on us because every time we came back to a room it showed as unavailable! Finally realized that its the reservation system keeping rooms long enough to complete the registration process.

It means you book a guaranteed category not a cabin. If you book a 8b GTY. Disney guarantees that you'll get at least an 8b cabin. Once in a while its a better cabin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter