Switching Resorts During Trip/Split Stay

WLfamily

Mouseketeer
I'm sure there is a very easy answer to this and I'm just overthinking it.:scared:
We're staying at BC and then moving over to WL for the last day of our trip.
What is the best way to do this? Should we let bell services transfer our bags and we transfer ourselves? What would be the best route to take from BC to WL?:confused3

There are a couple options:

1. Call Bell Services at BC and ask them to come pick up your bags and deliver them to WL. Check out of BC. Take WDW transportation, or walk, to a park for the day. Later in the afternoon take WDW transportation to WL and check in. Once in your room, call Bell Services and ask them to bring your luggage up.

2. Check out of BC. Grab your luggage and jump in a taxi over to WL and check in. If your room's not ready, leave your bags with Bell Services and head to a park or hit the WL pool until your room is ready.

We prefer option 1 as we don't lose any park time on transfer day.

If you plan to spend your day at the park until about 4 or so, I'd just have Bell Services transfer your luggage. If you would like to swim and be at the resort earlier, though, I'd do the taxi (it'll be about $20 fare with tip). Option 2 will answer your question as to how to get to WL; if you plan to head to a park, then your answer is to take the bus from BC to whichever park, and then hop on a bus from that park to WL.

We are checking out of the Poly and into the BC during our trip. I've decided to do a taxi since we take midday breaks at the pool. We will be doing AK that morning and back to the resort around 12-1 for pool time. This way we know we have our bags with us.

Do you have a car? If so, use that. Either stash bags at Resort 1 and go back to get them later, or take bags to Resort 2 and stash them there. Depends on your exact plans for the day!

Do you have a car? If so, use that. Either stash bags at Resort 1 and go back to get them later, or take bags to Resort 2 and stash them there. Depends on your exact plans for the day!

I didn't think of this. I really want to make AK RD on switch day. It'll be better for us to stash our bags at resort 1, go to AK, then go back to resort 1 around 12-1 pm, get our bags and take a cab to resort 2. I plan on doing online check in.

Even with a cab that can be worth it.

When Bell Services transports them it takes until after official checkin time for you to expect them, and if your plans don't match up with that timeframe it makes it hard.

I've had them moved once, if I recall correctly, on a LONG trip when I was the only adult and we had too many bags for me to deal with (I was also sick). That was a nice convenience, but as a rule we move bags ourselves because we almost always have a car. (and cabs are super convenient on property)

Yes our plan was always to take a cab since we do midday breaks at the pool and would need access to our bags by 1 pm. I heard to expect bags after 3 pm and that wouldn't work for us and taking a bag with essentials into the park isn't an option for us. We prefer to go to the parks bagless.

It is much more convenient for us to do the cab ride after AK and before our midday pool break. :)

We were going to get up extra early and cab it to resort 2, check our bags there and then head to AK. This will save us from waking up at the crack of dawn. My kids will be happy!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter