Switching Hotels

jann1033

<font color=darkcoral>Right now I'm an inch of nat
I've noticed a lot of people here switch hotels mid vacation. the obvious reasons I can think of are1)can't get aroom where you want for the whole trip or2) just to try another one
but is there something I'm missing?
Thanks

I will answer this question as best as I can from my perspective. I am switching hotels for two reasons. 1. I cant get the dates I want at one resort. 2. It is a chance for me to try a deluxe resort without paying for a weeks stay. I am breaking it in half.

We are staying at the Contemporary Resort thanks to Shades of Green and then switching to the Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that the Cont. is in the heart of it all and there is always a hustle and bussle. With the Wilderness Lodge we will enjoy the resort relaxed theme.

It is almost for me two seperate vacations.:Pinkbounc

Disnee Dad Says................................ It's the chance to check out more than one place, try new things. We always do more than one. But we pack light, no carry ons, so we can be out of the room in less than five minutes.

When you can get a room at Courtyard for an Andrew Jackson a night, you can afford 3 U.S. Grants for a night at the AKL!!!:jester:

We only switch when we have to. We stayed at CR this summer for 7 nights, when I wanted to add 2 earlier nights I couldn't get it no matter how long I tried (3 months prior). We stayed at an all star 2 nights. I absolutely hate moving. It robs me of a day of my vacation. Yes we have a rental car, but we have to spend time packing and unpacking (hate it). Then checking into another resort, which always has the possibility of a wait. We are efficient in doing so because we pack in the morning, zip to a park, come back to the room and pick up our bags, then over to another resort, and check in, and if we're lucky, our room will be ready and we can dump the luggage, zip back to a park or unpack. I just don't like thinking of what needs to be done on that move day. We like to unpack and veg and not pack until it's time to go home. This past July was the first time we moved in many years and I will work harder next time on not having to move. Some people love doing this, not us!

I was able to get fantastic room only rates for POR for Dec 1 - 7. With the money we saved there we are splurging to go back to the WL for the first part of our trip starting Nov. 27.

We switched to AKL the last two nights of our stay because we were renting points at BCV and the # of points needed is double on the weekend so it costs twice as much.

I was able to get a good rate at AKL with a code for those last two nights. I'm really glad we switched resorts and plan on doing this again even when I'm not renting points. After 5 days of the hustle and bustle at the Beach Club, we really need a change of scenery. The AKL was perfect! It was so relaxing and really refreshed us for our last two days at the world.

I didn't find switching to be a hassle at all. We just packed up the night before, called bell services to transfer our bags when we were ready, and we were free to do what we wanted for the day. Since we were only staying two days at AKL, I didn't bother unpacking. We just grabbed whatever we needed from the suitcases.

Originally posted by jordgubben
I was able to get fantastic room only rates for POR for Dec 1 - 7. With the money we saved there we are splurging to go back to the WL for the first part of our trip starting Nov. 27.

How?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter