Switch room with family member?

MichiganDVC

Can barely see my Kool-aid bath with these Rose-co
Hi everyone! My parents, sister and her family and my family are all going on a cruise in June. We have three rooms in a row: two that adjoin, one that does not.

I am currently in the adjoining room with my parents, but we wanted my sister and her family in that room so their kids would have more room on the double balcony, etc...

What is the best way to get the rooms changed? Should we wait until we arrive at the port or try to call Disney now? Has anyone had success switching rooms with a friend or family member before the cruise?

thanks!

I would wait 'til after you board and ask them to just switch around the on-board accounts and kttw cards... it should not be a big deal. To do it in advance might get things screwed up.

Keep in mind that if the staterooms are next to one another, you can open the balcony dividers regardless of whether it's a connecting stateroom or not; so you can give your parents the one in the middle and your sis' kids would have access to them either thru the hall or via the balcony.

I second gigi1313.

Since rooms are next to each other, just switch at Guest Service once you get aboard. And you'd probably all have the same room steward, so no problems with that, either.

I think you should do it ahead of time. You don't want to be dealing with having to go to Guest Services and wasting time to switch all the rooms. Just call Disney Cruise if all the cabins are the same category it should not be a problem.

We did this last year. Just tell them when you check in at the port. They will switch it and give you the correct keys. It was very easy!

We sailed with 9 people in three staterooms. When we booked it wouldn't let us put four in a room so we just booked 3 in each. after we were finished the check in process she sent us over a counter and another CM changed which person could open each room door in those 3 staterooms and how charging privileges would work - We ended up with our family in one room - two others in the second room, and three in the last room. We ended up having to switch three cards but it all worked out flawlessly.

Definitely do it when you check in. This will ensure you get the correct KTTW cards which will list the proper muster stations which could be different.

Or do it at guest services. Do not just swap out keys with each other since they are tied to each person and will be scanned anytime you leave or board the ship.

We have done this and just waited until we were on-board and changed the keys then. Not a big deal at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter