Switch from a cat 5 cabin to a cat 4? Fantasy ship

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Fenten, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Fenten

Fenten Earning My Ears

Debating switching my 5C cabin on Fantasy to a 4 cabin. Is the extra space necessary with a family of 4? 2 adults, 7 year old and 4 year old. Worth the extra cost too? Or is 4E cabin a better choice to get the bigger balcony.
    Our last cruise was on Allure where we had connecting balcony cabins so we have been spoiled.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fenten

Fenten Earning My Ears

bump....hoping for some replies.

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We have four also with kids 12 & 14, but chose not to for $150 on our spring break cruise because our cat 5 is 2 verandahs from the front so only one possibility of dealing with smoke with three asthmatics. Decided it wasn't worth the risk of moving to midship. We also prefer forward rooms.

5. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Balcony will be the same size. The difference in the cabins between a cat 5 and a cat 4 is about 30sq ft - width wise is the same - it's just about 3ft longer.

AFAIK, the 4e are on deck 5 midship, and you'll be on top of the theater..

6. lbgraves

There is also twice the amount of storage space in a cat 4 versus a cat 5.

7. crafty91

crafty91 DIS Veteran

We are a family of 4 as well and while I do enjoy the extra storage space its not AS necessary as it is on the classic ships. The Fantasy has a good amount of storage under the beds that is easily accessible. For me I'd pick where I wanted to be on the ship first then decide between categories. For example I'd take a midship cat 5 over a cat 4 at the very end of a hall.

8. LoveDisneyx4

LoveDisneyx4 Mouseketeer

We may be close by if you are on the 10th deck! We are in the 3rd cabin from the front--room 10504.

9. Rambler5678

Rambler5678 l

We stayed in 8602 on the fantasy in december. It is a 4B and it was great. We had 20 foot plus seas the first half of cruise and didnt affect us to much in room. Had lots of space. 8 year old slept in murray bed and 17 month old slept on couch with buffers provided by room stateroom host.

10. lbgraves

I was referring to cabinet space to put clothing. :)

11. Melissa&Shawn

Melissa&Shawn Mouseketeer

I will have a 20 month old and in a 4a. Not sure to do a pack and play or do the couch bed with rails. DS stands up a lot so I'm worried he would get out of it. But also worried he can climb out of the pnp. He has climbed out of his crib already once. Thoughts?

12. Rambler5678

Rambler5678 l

Not sure how tall pp is but couch is not that high off floor unless he/she climbs over the rail. It be easier to just climb off end of bed. Couch is not far from adult bed. Murray bed is by the door of the verandah and futher away. Only option is put him/her in bed with youll if it takes that. Bed is pretty big and very comfortable. Biggest problem we had was daughter wanted to play with the phone.

13. Melissa&Shawn

Melissa&Shawn Mouseketeer

Ohhh, good point about the phone. :) I think we'll try him in the couch/bed first and if he plays around I'll use the pack and play. He's in such an awkward stage for sleeping but I'm glad to hear the couch worked for another 1.5 year old! Thanks!

14. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran