Swimming with the Manatees

suei

Earning My Ears
Thinking of swimming with the manatees when we're in Florida in August. Has anyone done this at this time of year-are there any manatees around then? Has anyone done this with Birds Underwater at Crystal River? Many thanks for any info.

Hi there, I dont think you would find manatees at that time of the year(anybody please feel free to say Im wrong), I think March is about the latest you would find them.
Where did you have in mind for this?.

Jules

Hi Sue,

Jules is right,on the website you mentioned it says the 'swim with manatees' is between the end of October and beginning of April:(

We haven't swum with manatees, but have seen them in the wild in Crystal River and Homasassa Springs - but it was in October.

I hope you can find somewhere to see them in August :)

Many thanks for the replies. Birds Underwater and American ProDive sites both say they run Manatee Swims in August at Crystal River, and we do want to do it if possible, but not if there won't be any manatees! Will hopefully see them at Homosassa Springs too.
Have been a visitor to the Boards for a couple of years, but have never posted before. Info available on the Boards is brilliant!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter