1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Swimming with the Ducks!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CuteAsMinnie, Sep 18, 2012.

1. disnut8

disnut8 DIS Veteran

And you really think humans pay attention to the "don't pee in our pool" signs? The ducks are at least doing duck things - ducks relieve themselves in water. Humans have their bathrooms right there outside the pool but I'm sure there are tons of kids and adults who don't bother to get out of the pool.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

At AKL last week the ducks were in the pool every morning swimming around. Was kind of cute, but the poop in the water wasn't!

Birds carry lots of diseases.

4. davedmaine

davedmaine DIS Veteran

The ducks aren't just peeing

5. Stitch'sCousin

Stitch'sCousin DIS Veteran

While we didn't swim with the ducks at the Poly, there were plenty of them in the pool in the early morning hours. I was up just before sunrise on our visit two years ago and went for a walk through the grounds. There were about 10 -15 ducks enjoying the volcano pool. (I am assuming they were Poly ducks and weren't pool hopping.):)

6. rznhal

rznhal DIS Veteran

just found this pic from our february trip.....at AKL Jambo, early in the morning.....it was too cold for people but the ducks didn't seem to mind:goodvibes

[​IMG]

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

You think the little kid in the swim diaper only peed in the diaper???

8. CuteAsMinnie

CuteAsMinnie DIS Veteran

And last trip, the WL pool was closed for the last 2 DAYS of our trip because someone left behind a bodily substance in the pool!:headache:

9. OceanStateKelly

OceanStateKelly Mouseketeer

ewww gross :eek: - I wont go in a pool with ducks - no thanks

10. sfbank

sfbank DIS Veteran

Or how about the post once about the lady ringing out the swim diaper in the pool after she changed her kid:scared: People should at least know better. Animals are doing their natural thing. Well, some would say people are too and that is part of the problem!:lmao:

11. Bonnie151

Bonnie151 DIS Veteran

I learned to swim in a very big, very murky pond so a few ducks floating about in a swimming pool really doesn't bother me. My kids beg to stay at WL so they can swim with the ducks!