Swimming with the dolphins....a question for women only!

Discussion in 'Sea World / Discovery Cove' started by disneylaura55, May 26, 2012.

1. disneylaura55

disneylaura55 Mouseketeer

Ok I know this is probably a silly question. But is it ok to do the dolphin swim if you are menstrating? I would rather ask here then when I get there. :). Ty

2. LockShockBarrel

LockShockBarrel Pudge controls the weather.

I don't ever recall seeing anything that says you shouldn't. I'd have to imagine if they thought it was a danger, they'd put that out in some kind of paperwork or something. Dolphins aren't like sharks where they'd swarm at the scent of blood. If it's a worry for you, I'd just double check all the fine print associated with DC and if you can't find anything, assume its fine. I'd obviously suggest a tampon and maybe just um..how do I put this...an extra cleaning prior to the swim?

3. disneylaura55

disneylaura55 Mouseketeer

Ty. I know it's a little tmi. But since having my third son I suffer from very very heavy periods that require a super plus tampon and a pad and change every hour. So I was just worried about this and didn't want to find out I couldn't do it once I was there ... Thanks again!