Swimming at BCV

Donald Duck 57

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,
We have read many times on the boards that SAB is only for resort guests. How do they enforce it? Is there a wrist band you must wear? Are they really that strict?

Fortunately, they do require a wrist band and they are strict. There have been many local pool crashers, and guests from other resorts overcrowding SAB to the detriment of YC & BC guests, and BCV owners. I'm glad they have taken the extra steps to insure guest comfort.

Thanks Captain for the information.We are staying there on our August trip and are worried about over crowding. I do have more questions now though. Do we DVC'ers get a new wrist band everyday and how does that work? Do you have to go to the front desk to get it?

When we were there last summer we showed the lifeguard our room key (every day) and got a wrist band for that day. It was a different color each day.

Since BCV's opened and they began enforcing the no pool hopping to SAB rule, they have had CM's posted at the entrance's to the SAB pool area who I.D. you and give you a wrist band.
They do change the wrist bands daily and I've also seen the CM's turn people away. So it is being strictly enforced.;)

We are planning to stay there in September - just because of the pool! We toured last year and it's fantastic. Cannot wait. I am glad they are enforcing the no pool-hopping (until I stay at BWV then I will wish they were lax).

When we stayed there in December, we were issued wrist bands upon proof of a room key early in the morning. Later in the afternoon, we were approached by several people (guests) inquiring why we had wrist bands and their purpose. It seemed like the CM's were caution against letting people in without proof of a room key but kind of lax in the afternoon since we encountered several families questioning their purpose.

We went last July, around the holiday and they enforced the wrist band rule throughout the day and into the evening. The wrist bands are handed out when you enter the pool, you can also pick-up towels at the pool too. I love that pool, have fun. :smooth:

My DH & I walked through the SAB pool area to get to Beaches'NCream when were there this past December. It was so cold that day that we could hardly see the water for the stream rising. I counted 3 people in the pool (all young children, LOL). The life guards (and the 2 adults that I assumed were the parents of the swimmers) were wrapped in sweat pants, jackets and a blanket or two.

On our way back to the BWV (we were again cutting through the pool area), a CM chased after us to ask if we were YC/BC/BCV guests and if could he see our Resort IDs. He had a handful of wristbands. I guess not too many people cut through the pool area, because he gave us a funny look when I explained we were just taking a short cut. We both had on long pants, jackets, gloves and hats, so maybe he was really security - it was pretty obvious we didn't belong in there!

Anyway, even on a day when there was PLENTY of room in the pool and LOTS of empty deck chairs, they were enforcing the "guests of the hotel only" policy!

I AM PLANNING ON STAYING AT BW IN MAY (A NOT TOO BUSY TIME PERIOD). I WAS HOPING TO TRY OUT THE POOL AT BC. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ENFORCE RULES STRICKLY IN MAY.

Originally posted by RBIRDY777
I AM PLANNING ON STAYING AT BW IN MAY (A NOT TOO BUSY TIME PERIOD). I WAS HOPING TO TRY OUT THE POOL AT BC. DO YOU THINK THEY WILL ENFORCE RULES STRICKLY IN MAY.

Yes.

If you'd like to use Storm Along Bay, simply stay at the Beach Club Villas. There is availability in the 7 month window during non-peak times. Otherwise, if pool time is important, hit one of the wonderful waterparks.

We stayed at BCV last August and they were very strict about the wristbands. On our first day we were just touring around and tried to cut through the pool area and head out to the Boardwalk. We were chased down by a lifeguard asking for our room keys. Even though we explained we were just walking through (no one in swim gear) she still insisted on giving us wrist bands. Even with the wristbands enforced the pool was JAMMED in the afternoons, no floats left, no chairs, etc. This is actually one of the things that turned us off about BCV. After hiking down to SAB it was a hassle to use it. After a couple of tries we just stayed at the quiet pool in the villa area.

Even with the wristbands enforced the pool was JAMMED in the afternoons, no floats left, no chairs, etc. This is actually one of the things that turned us off about BCV. After hiking down to SAB it was a hassle to use it. After a couple of tries we just stayed at the quiet pool in the villa area.
Darn, sorry to hear that. JAMMED is defintely not a good thing. Unfortunately, we still have reports on these boards of people planning and trying to sneak in, even though they know about the restrictions. There are good reasons the no pool hopping restrictions were put in place, sorry to here your vacation as a point using resort guest was negatively impacted by the pool crowds.

I'm glad they are trying to enforce the pool restrictions even if it seems like the timing isn't the best, it sends a message that needs to get out. SAB is for YC, BC and BCV use only. Hope the crowds aren't too busy during our next trip, and our vacation isn't negatively impacted as you describe.

I stayed at BCV in December, and my daughter (2 years old) and I were the crazy people in the pool! It was pouring rain and about 60 degrees! :) Even then though - the pool was fantastic! However, they did not give me a wrist band or ask to see ID...maybe then thought if we were crazy enough to swim in weather like that, they wouldn't bother us! (we were staying there, BTW!)

But - it was nice to have the pool to ourselves...We are going back in March and can't wait to try out the pool in some better weather.:Pinkbounc

We are going down to BCV the last week of March. The slide at SAB will be closed for re-furbishment, so MS told us we were allowed to use the pool at BWV. How do they handle that? Show our BCV id's at BWV and they issue a wristband over there?

O.K.
I know this thread involved real questions and many well informed answers. But I am in a bit of a serious daydream/trance over the words "swimming at BCV....";) :cool:
Tough to read with all that snow outside!:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter