Swim with the Manatees Trip

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by feline figaro, Apr 5, 2009.

1. feline figaro

feline figaro WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

Has anyone been on this trip?:confused3
    Have just been watching some footage on youtube & it looks amazing, my dfs not a very confident swimmer though but by the looks of it the river is nt too deep.

Can anyone give me more info about this trip, do you need to be a confident swimmer? Do you get much interaction with the manatees?

I ve also read that breakfast, lunch & a few other tours are inc in the day trip (would be booking with Virgin). Would you say its a worthwhile experience?

Any info is much appreciated

Thankyou :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ErikaM

ErikaM Mouseketeer

Can't say I ever heard of this trip. However PLEASE bear in mind it is ILLEGAL in Florida to touch or harass manatees in the wild, even if they come right up to you. It is very strictly enforced by park rangers(of which one is a close friend)

4. feline figaro

feline figaro WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

This apparently is a very popular trip that several companies offer in Orlando, i know i ve read a few people on here have booked it. We ve booked it for my mum via Virgin but would like to know more info for us in case we want to go on it

5. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

I've booked this for October. It's actually a swim where the manatees live tour. They can't guarantee you'll even see a manatee, it's just where they live.

Even if I don't see anything, Istill think it will be amazing. You get picked up from your hotel, have a breakfast in Orlando and have a a tour guide telling you all about the sights you see on the way.

Then swim in Crystal River, with everything provided for you. You have a picnic lunch (I'm assuing buffet) and then go to the Homosassa state wildlife park. You will see manatees here during feeding session including bears, panthers, alligators and even a hippo as you explore the rest of the park.

It's a whole day experience and one I'm sure we'll remember forever.

6. DH of dolphingirl47

DH of dolphingirl47 Mouseketeer

7. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

You definitely get to swim there now, and snorkel and I don't think the airboat is included now.

i remember going in 1995, and there was a squirrel who was not one bit afraid of us. we;ve got a home viedo of it crawling all over us and eating crisps out fo our hands. It was with us for ages! Amazing.

8. Tiggerbounce24

Tiggerbounce24 Mouseketeer

We did this in 2004 and it amazing. We bought a video to remember our experience.

9. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

Oooh, can you buy a video too?? I'll be getting that if I can.