Sweet 16?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by GracieGirl97, Aug 26, 2012.

1. GracieGirl97

GracieGirl97 Earning My Ears

Hello! I am planning on having my sweet 16 birthday party at the Disney World Resort the weekend of May 23. I really want to stay at the Contemporary Resort. Me and my Dad were talking, 2 nights and 1 day at Magic Kingdom. We also want to make reservations at the California Grill for the first night. Any other ideas, hints, or surprises? I have been to Disney World 35+ times so I do know a lot, but I want to make this one special. It is just me, my Dad, and my Mom celebrating. Were not into rushing everything, we usually take the vacation slow, and enjoy the sights. Our favorite parts, is the shows, and watching the outdoor movies at night at the hotel. Thank you for any ideas! I know its early, but I'm always early planning my birthday!:earsgirl: Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

If it had been around when I was approaching 16, I would have been hounding my parents to take me to Cinderella's Royal Table. Instead, I got the Olive Garden.

4. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

We held a 16th at Cali Grille. It worked out well and they did a good job. It was planned many months in advance. My wife worked hand in hand with one of the mangers there. They reserved a section off for us in the area along the window in the direction of the fireworks. Decorated the area Made special menus, served the cake, that sort of thing. They assigned a group a waiters to our party. They did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend it.

5. Cafeen

Cafeen DIS Veteran

It's CG going to be closed at that time? (At least, more than likely). I know they're closing around the end of this year/start of next year, and they're not anticipated to be open again until mid-late summer. (At least, I think so, going off memory here...and that's pretty shoddy).

Not to throw a damper on your BDay, but at least it's better to be disappointed now when you can correct it and handle it, than later when it's too late.

6. Scrappy_Tink

Scrappy_Tink DIS Veteran

How about a Tea party at the Grand Floridian? :cutie:

7. geek+nerd

geek+nerd DIS Veteran

What about doing a family photo shoot at one of the resorts? You can go through Disney event photography or hire an outside photographer. DH and I were married at the Wedding Pavilion last June and we hired Orlando photographer Randy Chapman. He is an amazing photographer, a great guy and very budget friendly. A lot of Disney brides hire him.

I also really like the tea party idea. The Garden View Tea Room is such a lovely space!

8. GracieGirl97

The tea party sounds so cute! Anyone know how much it is? The royal table sounds also like a better alternative if the Cali Grill is closing): So sad, never got to eat there.

9. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

California Grill is undergoing a major refurb and will be closed next May, so you may need to look for a different restaurant. You could also choose Be Our Guest at MK if you don't want to pay for the castle, but you might want to wait and see what the reviews are like. Or, since it's so popular, make a reservation, check the reviews and cancel if you want.

10. geek+nerd

geek+nerd DIS Veteran

If it is just the three of you going for tea, you can order off the menu at Garden View. The price will depend on what you get; there are a number of different "packages" that you can order.

11. Scrappy_Tink

Scrappy_Tink DIS Veteran

Here you go, this has the menu and prices. Me and my sister are dressing up and going there this upcoming trip...I can't remember the last time we had a Tea Party, but I can bet you she's not going to kick me out for putting the wrong clothes on her Barbie Doll!! :rotfl:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_gft.htm

12. GracieGirl97

I was looking at that! Now I am TOTALLY stuck. I can't decide between hotels!Either Polynesian(luau dinner!), Contemporary, or Grand Floridian. I have only been to the Contemporary. If I went there or the Floridian, I would eat at the 'royal table' or 'be our guest' Help!

13. 3girlsmommy

3girlsmommy Earning My Ears

oooh! The tea sounds great! Wonder if I could lure my hubby there with a promise of an imported beer.

14. TinkerbellinLouisian

TinkerbellinLouisian I think I'm going on my 21st visit in 47 years...

Welcome Gracie to the Dis !

We LOVE CRT... it's a family tradition...

BUT we got married at POLY... the resort is themed so beautifully !

Have a wonderful bday !

Mary