Sweet 16

Mel6197

Mrs. Public Works
Hi all

Hoping you could help me out maybe. My autistic daughter is going to be 16 next june. Yes. I am a early planner. Plus my mom will be 70 that year

So my daughter who has no friends and is pretty much to herself has said she would like a vacation for her sweet 16. And to take her granny. We go to disney every year so looking for something else.

She has said she wants a beach vacation. Heres where the help is needed. She wants a carribean type vacation.

Needs.
All inclusive. No alchole needed but regular meals and food
Beach so we can do water things and she likes activities so a little adventure would be fun
Safe place
And the main thing. Need something for familys where kids are welcome but not the main focus. She wont be able to do teen clubs and babies and kids she dislikes.
Soo diffucult to find a beach adventure snorkinling tubing hikes etc. Laying on the beach for 7 days would bore her.
Any ideas?

I second a Disney Cruise. My DD, 19, is special needs. We've done 2 7-day cruises on Disney with her and are going on our 3rd this summer - she loves it! We've done dolphin swim in Mexico, the stingrays at CC, beach days, etc. She was also never able to hang out at the teen clubs, but there was always something for her to do on board and the staff was so terrific with her. Your mom should enjoy it, too. Good Luck!

As you were describing your daughter's needs for a caribbean beach vacation, I thought I was on the cruise board.

Disney's Castaway Cay is marvelous - lots of white sandy beach, activities, food. Couldn't ask for a nicer port of call.

Teen clubs are available, but the teens aren't required to attend. One nice thing about cruises -- you can do as much, or as little, as you want.

I've never been on a Disney Cruise, but have tried other cruise lines. If she doesn't like little kids, would another cruise line make more sense? It seems like Disney cruises have a lot of families.

We had a nice vacation on Royal Caribbean a few years ago, and it was much cheaper than Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter