Swappers -- Do you prefer elements or page kits?

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by bubbasmom99, Jan 18, 2006.

?

What kind of swap setup do you prefer?

1. Page Kit

2. Elements

3. Either one is fine

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

Just wondering what everyone here likes. We just finished the Bazzill character swap awhile ago and I really like the page kits because I didn't really need to add anything extra to them. It's a bit more work but then, the groups are smaller so it's about even in the end.

So... just wondering if you have a preference...

Oh, and my definition of a "page kit swap" would be: choose a theme and make 4 elements (i.e. photo mat plus 3 more of your choosing)

And an "element swap" would be: Choose an element from group A and an element from group B for the same theme (so you would be making 2 elements for each person).

I guess there isn't a HUGE difference in the two, except that I like to just plop all the stuff down and not have to do anything additional so I tend to like the page kits better.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bigsis1970

bigsis1970 Always planning my next trip! Maybe my 45th Bday??

I voted for elements as i think they are more versitile and I like to move around my pages

4. Spinning

Spinning <font color=deeppink>Give me a chunk of something

You have me sooooo hooked on page kits! I love them! I like the 4 pieces vs the 3 page kits. It just seems to complete the kit. But 3 or 4 either is fine!

5. disneyfreakjackie

disneyfreakjackie <font color="blue">The only thing better than a Di

Joy ... you got me hooked on the page kits!! (Bazzill character) Those are the BEST!!! :flower3:

6. nicki dahling

nicki dahling CyndiAKADisneyqueen<br><font color=deeppink> I can

I voted elements mostly because I scrap on cm page refills and mostly 12x12 pages.

Cyndi

7. havencruiser

havencruiser DIS Veteran

Page kits, page kits, page kits! It looks so much more coordinated that way! :goodvibes

8. inky dinky doo

inky dinky doo <font color=FF6699>I've got the best cure for the

I voted for elements, because my style isn't necessarily your style (and vice versa). With individual elements it seems easier (to me) to adapt. Ya know what I mean? :scratchin

9. TPCShauna

TPCShauna <font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo

I was a wuss and said either. I haven't done a page kit swap and they kind of scare me because I am afraid that I would have a hard time coming up with enough ideas for all of the elements.

I have done element swaps and like them because I like clean pages and don't usually use a ton of stuff.

Honestly, it would depend on what the swap was for on whether I would sign up. The theme is more important than the layout.

10. Twigs

Twigs <font color=deeppink>DIS Cast Member<br><font colo

I prefer elements. I think they are more versatile.

11. cannp123165

cannp123165 <font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>

I voted elements!!!!!!!!
    princess:.

12. TPCShauna

TPCShauna <font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo

Sorry. Dupe post.

13. PoohBearLovinMama

PoohBearLovinMama DIS Veteran

I prefer page kit swaps! :)

14. Spinning

Cyndi, Just so you know so far when the swaps have been on here for page kits, you are only getting elements. BUt one person is making them all. Like you did for me a few years back, the one with my name that was green with the dragon flies.
    You still can use them on CM albums.

15. jennyL

jennyL <font color=00cc00>Jon Bon Jovi. Ohh La La!<br><fo

I voted elements but only because I have never done a page kit yet. LOL I'm sure it will be coming soon.

16. nicki dahling

Thanks Sondra for the clarification. The one page kit I participated in was on another board and the kit included paper for a 4x7 ( or something ) album. Maybe it was the fact that I had already swapped here and got spolied, but I wasn't happy with the stuff I got back and I have sort of stayed away since then. I didn't participate in the one here because it was bazzil which I have only seen but have never purchased. I get most of my paper from the local craft stores and the LSS store. I frankly don't think I have come across it yet. The closest thing for me is the DCWV textured paper which I love ( maybe it would be a good idea if I don't find any ). :teeth:

Cyndi

17. Spinning

cyndi bazzill is a wonderful paper. But I must say they have one line I don't care for. It has like little bumps or something. BUt I love the woven looking stuff. maybe a zing may be in store! LOL! SO you can see what it is. They have ever color under the sun too ! Which is nice.

18. nicki dahling

I did get to see it, thanks to a very sweet Secret Santa who sent me a whole disney page kit. :teeth:

Cyndi

19. Spinning

oh yeah! HAHAH I forgot....but you need to actually see a 12x12 page.......and some of the colors! HMMMMM I htink i feel a road trip coming on to a scrap bookstore! LOL! (for me that is!)

20. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

I for page kits only! Preferably Bazzil. I just have such a hard time matching up colors if I get elements only and don't know what type of paper it is, so I try to stick to the Bazzil only swaps. I loved the charector page kit swap that we did and have already started using it. I only wish I would have gotten in more than one group!

21. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

Thanks for the feedback ladies! I was trying to get a feel for how I will set up the MGM swap later this year.